What game(s) are you playing right now?

GamerAddict7796

Jun 2, 2010
With all the topics being about the Quinn-spiracy or Sarkeesian or whatever I figured we should talk about video games! On the Escapist! Weird right?

Anyway, I'm currently playing my first modded playthrough of New Vegas on PC. It took about a week to get to a playable level but it was worth it as I can finally play through the someguy2000 series.

So, fellow Escapists, what games are you playing right now?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I thought we already had this exact thread but can't seem to find it in the first page...
Anyway I'm playing the Ratchet & Clank Collection solo and either Resident Evil 5 (co-op) or Dead Space when my girlfriend's over.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Xcom Enemy Unknown, friend finally convinced me to install it (had it for some time on my steam) and I can't stop myself.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Ultra street fighter 4. I want to be good at this game dammit.

And

Final fantasy 14:ARR. Best MMO since early WoW.

As of next week, i'll be playing destiny.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Great minds think alike! I just made this thread yesterday. So glad there's more people wanting to talk about the love of the games instead of this horribleness.

So I'm playing Payday 2(a multiplayer stealth/ l4d ish shooter bank robbery game, if you trip the alarm you have to fight the swat teams to get the alarm.) Invisible Inc, a spy game with an Xcom like control where you have to infiltrate corporations and steal data and money without your guys being shot by guards.

I've also just started playing Hotline Miami which is a trippy game where you break into places and brutally murder everyone. The gameplay is fast with almost every action being lethal both to and against you. With score multipliers for speed leading t a frenzy murder fest. Then the plot makes you feel bad about how much you enjoy it and every level ends with you walking back to your car whilst the music goes quiet and there's blood everywhere. It's quite something.

small

Aug 5, 2014
Currently? shogun 2 fall of the samurai, the odd bit of star trek online for a few minutes here and there, and trying to create boarding torpedoes and weapons of mass destruction in space engineers

jamail77

May 21, 2011
Well, I finally got Okami for my family's Wii so been playing that. I'm only like 45 minutes in though and a lot of that was fooling around and sitting through cutscenes or some other form of gameplay interruption.

Also been playing a quaint little hack and slash/spectacle fighter or character-action game called Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae reminiscent of Devil May Cry if it starred a school girl and took place, story wise, solely in the small Bloody Palace arenas if those arenas were in actual civilization versus more of the mission/level based setup that actually gets employed. Bought it on sale at $5 I think. It was...probably worth it. There's like 6 stages with multiple waves of enemies leading up to a boss fight for each one, but I'm at Stage 4, Wave 1 with all moves unlocked and just a little upgrading to them left and I'm kind of over it. It might be one of those games I need to take a break from, come back to, take a break from, come back to frequently.

Then there's Devil May Cry 3 itself, also a new thing for me. Took a little hiatus recently, but plan on going back to 100% it and move on to 4.

Bastion is on hiatus, but it wasn't that long ago I played it either. [footnote] I don't consider 2 months to be that long [/footnote]

debtcollector

Jan 31, 2012
I'm replaying ICO for the first time in years and ublublblbublu it's just so good. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside every time.

Also, I guess I'm playing through Half-Life 2 for the first time in ever. It's aight, I guess. I get that modern FPS games owe a lot to this one, but damned if some gameplay features aren't annoying as shit. I can take it in small doses, I guess.

...But first, Imma finish ICO again.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Just started playing Final Fantasy 6!
Finally, am I right?

Also I'm trying to finish off the last of the challenges in Peggle 2.
That game is making me its *****

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Final Fantasy X (remastered). Clocked over 40 hours, currently in the end game phase. Gets a stamp of "okay" from me at this point in time.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I'd been playing Dragon Age 2 trying to get my main save ready for Inquisition, only to realize in the third act, I picked the wrong save file. My Inquisition game would lack my Warden joining Morrigan. So I have to restart that... all. over. again.

Then, I try to play Mount and Blade: Warband, trying to hit up some mods. Only for A Clash of Kings to be fucked, same for Persino. So I just shouted fuck it and started playing Floris, which is the base game with a lot of added content.

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
I've been playing Hearthstone. Nothing more satisfying than battling wits with other people, whether their deck is meta or unique.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
I'm playing Project Zomboid with a couple of friends. Bit of a hassle to get it running in mp though. Probably going to get started on Pandora's Tower for Wii soon.

Axelotus07

Sep 4, 2014
Right now I'm playing Dragon Quest VIII for PS2. I've had it for awhile, but I never really got into playing it much. I've spent the last couple of days getting through it, and now I'm hooked. The fact that Akira Toriyama is responsible for the character and monster designs is an added plus.

Very enjoyable story, I'm looking forward to finishing it.