What game series would you bring back from the dead?

Silent Anima

Jun 2, 2011
endtherapture said:
Knights of The Old Republic.

Not The Old Republic, but KNIGHTS OF The Old Republic.
Yes! Those games were amazing! I remember hearing about The Old Republic and getting really excited thinking it was gonna be another Kotor. Then I became sad when I found out it wasn't. =(
xSKULLY said:
i seriously think a star wars battlefront 3
This too. There's just so much they could do with it now, but it won't happen. We can dream...

Sablestick

Jul 18, 2011
Mech commander, Dungeon Keeper, populous in the style of populous the beginning, and Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. Such fun even for things so old, and they should be brought back from the grave to join in part of an undead horde of awesome games which will rule the world Mwhahahahahaha! *ridiculousness ends*

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
Turok!!!

Turok Turok Turok Turok Turok!

Seriously, I absolutely adore Turok 2 and is my favorite game period. Turok 1 and Rage Wars were great as well.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Jedi Knight series, for the gameplay. Would fund a studio to continue along that kind of gameplay, only updating it and hopefully bringing a better story to the table.

-Adracko-

Oct 18, 2010
I would love to see more in the Skate. series. Then again if I were to graph the quality from the first to third it would be a massive \ ....

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
mrblakemiller said:
I think we could have System Shock 3 without making SHODAN too laughable a villain. It has been over a decade, after all.
I just finished System Shock, and now I'm playing System Shock 2 (they're both fantastic), and I support your idea. SHODAN's megalomaniacal personality could come off as hilarious if done wrong, but as long as the writers kept their heads in the right place, I'm sure the story would be fine. I could only hope that they'd bring back the REAL RPG elements (inventory screen/bonuses that are actually useful/somewhat balanced character building/etc.), unlike what Bioshock ended up with.
Also, Monolith's Blood series could use a reboot.

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
Irridium said:
Freespace.

Or, hell, the entire Space-sim genre. Yeah, it is kinda still here with Egosoft and the X-series, and there's a couple of little blips like Evochron Mercenary and SOL, but man, what I'd give to have another proper Freespace and/or Freelancer game...

Also Metal Arms.

You deserved better dammit...

The creator had a whole trilogy planned too.
Oh man metal arms was amazing, completely agree that there should be more.

I really liked mirrors edge, I'd like to see more of it (and I doubt I will). I don't think anyone has been a smartass and said half life yet (get it, because of the infinitely long development cycle?). Company of Heroes was amazing, but men at war kind of fills that void. I wish dawn of war 2 had been more like coh... Star wars battlefront was incredably fun, I'd like to see that rebooted as well.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
I want to see another War of the Monsters game. The original was so cool.

Another ONI game would also be nice, but since Bungie disbanded that's out of the question.

Bang Kaboom Ferrell said:
bungie didnt disband
Wait, what? Where did they go?

John Nordstrom

Oct 3, 2011

One of the greatest DOS FPSs that wasn't made by id Software. It was gruesome, it didn't take itself too seriously, and it had a macabre sense of humour that holds up well. But most importantly, it was just plain fun. The ability to kick a zombie's dismembered head like a football is a feature that no other game to date has used. There was a sequel in 1999, but it just didn't capture the same charm. Given the state of the FPS genre today, I'd say that a blood transfusion would be just what the pathologist ordered.

liquidsolid

Feb 18, 2011
Metal Gear Solid, to hell with Metal Gear Raiden. I want my Tactical Espionage Action back. I don't even care about Solid Snake, he's dead as far as I care. I wish there was more Big Boss, maybe in the 80's with African Civil Wars. I miss the deep philosophical nature of their stories. The new game is just going to suck, I know it. It's going to turn it into what people always wanted, some crazy action game.

Honorable mention goes to Kingdom Hearts. While not technically dead, it's been in handheld limbo for years and I just wish they would make Kingdom Hearts III with Sora and Donald and Goofy without some stupid pseudo-technical darkness this and keyblade that. It's like it's trying to be Inception.

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
Xpwn3ntial said:
I want to see another War of the Monsters game. The original was so cool.

Another ONI game would also be nice, but since Bungie disbanded that's out of the question.
bungie didnt disband

Logic 0

Aug 28, 2009
The maximo games, the two games were so good we just need to send the series off with something great.

Whytewulf

Dec 20, 2009
Steamtech said:
I have to go with Masters of Orion, I still play Battle at Antares every now and then.
Agreed MO2 was one my all time favorites.

Vampire Masquerade. I really liked the game even with it's bugs and horrible ending.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura in the style of Elder Scrolls like Skyrim. It would fit perfectly in the build your character and the free roam world and such.