What game series would you bring back from the dead?

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
liquidsolid said:
Honorable mention goes to Kingdom Hearts. While not technically dead, it's been in handheld limbo for years and I just wish they would make Kingdom Hearts III with Sora and Donald and Goofy without some stupid pseudo-technical darkness this and keyblade that. It's like it's trying to be Inception.
Correction; Kingdom Hearts 3D IS like Inception. Sora and Riku will be in the Dream realm for a majority of the time and will confront both Nightmares and Dream Eaters.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
It may not be dead but I would make a new Force Unleashed. No Starkiller allowed though: I'd make one with Exar Kun or, Naga Sadow. Force Unleashed should have been an anthology series.

I'd like to see a second Voodoo Vince. Vince was only the third best doll in the shop after all.

Legacy of Kain and/or Blood Omen. Even if they just do HD re-releases.

I'd like to see more Ultimate Marvel games. Ultimate Spider-Man was pretty cool so why not Ultimate Hulk? Blade? X-Men? Speaking of Marvel...

Edit: FUCKING DINO CRISIS!!

Metalix Knightmare

Sep 27, 2007
Megaman, freaking, Legends. It ended on a cliffhanger, the last game was in development, all I want is some freaking closure here!

Then I would want a return of the Tomba games. Bring it back to the voiceless style though. Those voice actors in Tomba 2...Ugh.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Megaman X (2D X4 style)

Megaman (2D Megaman 8 style)

Megaman Legends (FFS, put Legends 3 on PS3 instead of the DS)

Okami (on PS3)

Arcanum:Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura (it's just like Fallout.... except Steampunk, which is just one additional reason it's waaaaaaaaaaay better)

Age Of Mythology (The awesome sequel to Age Of Empires 2. Because Age Of Empires 3 sucks)

Super Mario RPG:Legend Of The Seven Stars (Paper Mario is NOT a good enough substitute)

Thousand Arms (Am I the only one who played this?)

Azure Dreams (a sequel in the same style except expanded could be an epic game)

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I'd bring back Final Fantasy. *drum rimshot*

But seriously, I'd like a return to the classic FF games...you know, the good ones before Squaresoft merged with Enix and we started getting a bunch of crapy anime with voice acting that makes your ears bleed. I'd like to see a return to the actual fantasy setting, with knights and castles and airships that were literally pirate ships crossed with helicopters.

Hisher

Sep 2, 2011
I would love to see another X-wing, Star Wars Battlefront,KOTOR (TOR doesn't count), Mega Man X, Mega Man Legends. That's all I can see on my shelf that I want more of anyway.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Okay I'll say it...

Pokemon Black and White. It's more than just the Pokemon models; the touch interface from the previous games was great and it is no where to be found in these games, there is not enough of the Triple/Rotation battles, some abilities are broken or useless (Super Luck and Gluttony, respectfully), the story focuses on N and not your main character, Team Plasma is a joke, and the game overall is not memorable.

I don't want to hear about how the third installment of the generation (Grey version) is going to fix all the problems or make the generation better. We just need to move on to the next generation and try again.

Also, bring back Megaman Legends 3 into production.

Kallindril

Apr 22, 2010
Crusader: No Remorse and Crusader: No Regret.

Always wanted to see where the Resistance would get...

Tahaneira

Social Justice Rogue
Feb 1, 2011
Age of Mythology. It remains one of my most beloved games. That may have something to do with the fact that it was the first game I played that didn't have LEGO in the title, but it still stands. I was devastated when Ensemble went out of business with only an expansion released. I still hold out hope that someone bought the IP and will eventually release a worthy sequel. It's probably hollow, but I have to try.

Kiju

Apr 20, 2009
Breath of Fire.

Ended with the Gods-awful fifth story in the series, the fourth one being the last (and in my opinion, best) of the lot of them.

My other choice would be Freespace.

Best space flight sim of it's time, and in my opinion still the best ever. Period. :|

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Star Wars Republic Commandos, but seeing how that's a SW's IP it's probably impossible for anyone other than George Lucas to get to.

EDIT:
The Megaman Battlenet series.
and I'd love to have a Pokemon Ultimate edition, which finds some way to weave all the games and stories together in one playable game.

Treeinthewoods

May 14, 2010
A new Strider, I loved that game!

One of my first gaming memories is logging gratuitous time at a nearby Dairy Queen plugging quarters into Strider and being amazed by his speed. Sonic with a sword FTW!

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
Vigormortis said:
It's funny, I was literally just thinking on this today. Point for point.

I came to four primary conclusions/choices, one of them being Psychonauts. The other three were as follows:

It would be amazing to get a true HD remake of this game as well as real, solid, contemporary sequels. Look at Rayman Origins. If there were any evidence that quality, 2D side-scrollers can still be amazing, that was it. A new Earthworm Jim would be phenomenal.

I'm a sucker for both well-made RTS games and mech-based combat. Couple that with my undying love of the Battletech story universe and the MechCommander series has been a personal favorite for years. I'd love to see a new entry.

Homeworld was, and in some ways still is, one of the greatest RTS games ever crafted. The story, the setting, the pacing, the graphics, the art, the music...all were astoundingly high quality. I still assert it had one of the finest sci-fi stories ever put to a game. Relic Studios still exists, and is quite successful at this point too. And, they still own the rights to this series. (I believe) So it would be a dream come true to see them rebirth this series. Either with a real sequel (HW2 wasn't that great) or an HD remake of the original. But unlike my other choices, this one is technically possible.
HW2 was still better from a multiplier perspective as the two races were diffident(Vaygr for life) rather then having 2frigs and one strike craft differences between them.
The game play movement commands were also an improvement I enjoyed greatly.

The journey man

Webcomic Aficionado
Jun 18, 2011
Starwars: Republic Commando is easily the number one game I want a sequel to.

I'd also like to see a new classic style Syndicate. I am interested in the shooter but a new Syndicate with old school gameplay would be the bomb!

FoAmY99

Dec 8, 2009
Wing Commander and Republic Commando. Mark muthafuckin Hamill being a space pilot without the force and the most badass characters in the entire Star Wars franchise.

teh_v

Jun 29, 2008
AetherWolf said:
Terranigma in particular is a game I always wanted a sequel to. Or at least a remake...

You sir I tip my hat to. I feel this is the most underrated game I've ever played. I think the ending is sadder then any other game I've ever played. We need more games like it, so remake remake remake...

teh_v

Jun 29, 2008
I'd also like a remake of Xenogears or a new Parasite Eve that didn't suck.

Mayamellissa

Dec 3, 2011
teh_v said:
I'd also like a remake of Xenogears or a new Parasite Eve that didn't suck.
Agree with you on the Parasite Eve front but undoubtedly it would have to be Chrono Cross. I love that game with a fiery passion but desperately wish for a happy final third end to complete the puzzle.