What game should I play before GTA 5 comes out?

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
Burnout Paradise
Batman: Arkham City
Tomb Raider
The Skyrim DLC
Battlefield 3
Dead Space 3
The Sims 3
Red Alert 3 - Uprising
Binding of Isaac
Deus Ex: HR
The Walking Dead
Crysis 2
Crackdown
Dead Rising 2

I seriously can't decide. Suggestions?

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
When in doubt, play Batman.

I would recommend Deus Ex. But I would also recommend waiting for the Director's Cut of Deus Ex: Human Revolution which should come out on PC, Xbox 360 and the PS3 sometime in September. It contains all the updates, DLC and boss fight improvements etc.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Just going on my own personal choice, I'd be running through Crackdown again.
Been around 4-5 years since I played it last.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
My three suggestions would be:- Deus Ex: HR, Batman: Arkham City and The Skyrim DLC.

In any order, if your playing on the PC Hearthfire is probably skippable in the Skyrim DLC. Unless you want one of the player mods that need it obviously, some of the best home/mansion/lair related mods ironically need you to buy the lukewarm official homebuilding DLC because they use assets from it.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
imahobbit4062 said:
Now they release the Directors Cut for other consoles? In the same month as GTAV? That's absolute bollocks.
Yes. If I was in the gaming industry, I'd stay away from releasing anything in the same month as GTA.

BlackJimmy

Jun 13, 2013
I'm currently replaying GTAIV again. So, I reccomend that. Mostly so, if uyou bump into ant returning Characters, you'll definately recognise them :)
I have Crackdown and Dead Rising 2 ready in case I complete GTAIV, The Lost and the Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony by September 17 though.
If these are games you haven't play though, I say go with Walking Dead.
Then after that Tomb Raider and Batman. Though I'd play Arkham asylum before you start Arkham City.

dillinger88

Jan 6, 2010
You'll probably be able to get through most of those before it comes out on PC.

C'mon Rockstar, hurry up with the PC version!

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
To be honest Crackdown if a very nice game to play when not knowing what to play since the orb collecting quickly becomes addicting and the game itself is very fun (if somewhat brief).

Dead Rising 2 is also quite short so depending on how much you play you may be able to complete both before GTA V comes out.

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
You could probably play Binding of Isaac alongside any other game you're playing. Just pull it out for one or two rounds while you're taking a break from some other game. Although, if it hooks you, you might not want to play any other game.

Or you could just play Human Revolution. That's a pretty good game, too.