What game?

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
So, my birthday is coming up and i can get 1 game from a certain relative. But i don't know what i want. The three i am thinking of are

-Saints Row the Third
-Sonic Generations
-Skyrim

I've been anticipating Saints row 3 for quite a while now, and i was looking up the Big pre-order pack (The one that comes with the headphones/soundtrack/Genki DLC) and i still do want to get it. I have however been watching gameplay of both Sonic Generations and Skyrim; both of which look great.

However, i haven't played an elder scrolls game before. I have watched my friend play Oblivion on many, MANY occasions, so i've gotten the idea of how it works. I've been looking into finding a good fantasy game, and this looks to be the best one out. But i'm not really into all the time thats spent surfing the menu screen/inventory/items, i really love the action. Is it still going to be very inventory study heavy as Oblivion, or will it be different?

And lastly Sonic Generations. This i've seen more of than Oblivion, and it looks genuinely fun, but i don't want to buy it and let it sit on the shelf like Sonic Colours did.

So which game should i get? Also keep in mind that this is for Xbox360, as my PC is dead.

If there's any other good games out, please feel free to suggest them.

Fusioncode9

Sep 23, 2010
Skyrim would be my recommendation if you want a game to sink hundreds of hours into. And that's without mods. Get Saints Row if you want some wacky fun. I don't care for Sonic anymore.

lovest harding

Dec 6, 2009
Fusioncode9 said:
Skyrim would be my recommendation if you want a game to sink hundreds of hours into. And that's without mods. Get Saints Row if you want some wacky fun. I don't care for Sonic anymore.
Saints Row can give you a ton of time too (if you enjoy just roaming around a town being completely silly or like co-op, online or system link, messing around).
Never cared for Sonic myself. xD
Otherwise, what I quoted is pretty much the truth.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Depending on their interests, the sandbox might be the easy game to default to. People who don't like RPG's do exist :O

edens_shadow

May 18, 2011
I'd just flip a coin between Skyrim and Saints Row the Third. Go with whatever you feel like at the time, serious Dragon fighting fun or city wide chaos.

Rapamaha

Dec 6, 2010
from those 3 options I would go for Skyrim, I have no idea how Sonic games are nowdays but i've heard alot of bad stuff about the last few Sonic games so I wouldnt trust this one to be any diffrent, Saints row 1 & 2 were fun for like 30minutes for me but it seemed like the game was completly focused on ridicilous comedy & fun and actual gameplay felt clumsy and abit too arcade'ish, dont know how SR3 handles gameplay, I never played the elder scrolls series but I am very familiar with the "new" Fallout series and those games had shitloads of content and stuff to do, Skyrim should be somehow similiar that it has a big world, lots of hidden secrets and stuff to explore, for some people open world RPG's can be abit overwhelming where you have no idea what you should do, where you should go and what's good for your character, if you are unsure about all those games then there are alot of older games that are very good too like:
Mass Effect Series, Dragon Age Series, Fable Series, L.A Noire, Batman Arkham Asylym/City, Red Dead Redemption & GTA4

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
Guess which one I'd suggest. Go on, guess.

<----hint

(Also, the menus are streamlined and the inventory/equipping system is much more fluid. It should cut down on micro-managing inventory greatly.)