What games are worth a replay?

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
1.) Civ 3
2.) Morrowind
3.) MOO 2
4.) MOO 3

Pretty much every strategy game out there, but they are kinda made for replay, so I don't even know if that counts for being "good enough for a replay".

Doctor Panda

Apr 17, 2008
I heart you

Micah Weil said:
Games that I have found to be a good replay:
-The Exile Series (Escape from the Pit, Crystal Souls, and Ruined World)...especially if you're going "all magic" or "no magic".
and you

mastertang said:
Fallout 2 I still play it. A game just needs to have alot for me to do plus multiple endings.
and hell you too, though the voice acting never bothered me too much

Locastus said:
If you can put up with the terrible voice acting then replay Deus Ex.
I've replayed all of those games in the last 12 months. And in the vein of Micah's suggestion i would also have to advocate the entire Escape Velocity series. That and Exile took so, so many of my younger days. Oh! And diablo 2, stupid D3 announcement put me in the mood so to speak. And dungeon keeper 2, played through that just a few months back... wow, i like a lot of the people on this forum.

Skruff

Mar 19, 2009
drummersbangharder said:
I always loved Oddworld Strangers Wrath...although I never really got the ending...actually I don't even remember what happened but I just remember being really irritated.
I loved that game, too... Just for the world itself, it's probably one of my favorite FPS games!

(And now that you mention it, I don't really remember the ending either.... I remember the twist, but I don't remember how it ended)

AlphaOmega

Oct 10, 2008
Skruff said:
Pyromania192 said:
OP could you really play through Mass Effect again? I was so bored of that game by the ending. Unless it would be for achievements :p
Actually, yeah, I could. Granted, I wouldn't spend nearly as much time planetside as I did the first time through. Still, I really enjoyed the overall plot and gameplay of the game. Plus, since I played it through as a good guy the first time through, I could play as the bad not-nearly-as-good guy on the 2nd pass.

And shiny new achievements are never a bad thing! *grin*
Being the mean bastard is awsome :) and I want to beat every game I have on highest difficulty so.

Nickflip

Mar 27, 2009
TIMESWORDSMAN said:
Nickflip said:
Mega Man 2,
Super Mario Bros. 3,
Sonic and Knuckles,
Super Mario 64,
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time,
Wario Land 4,
Gunstar Heroes,
Viewtiful Joe.

I have gone through all of these multiple times, and loved every minute of them.
No love for NMH?
I loved no more heroes! but my wii died on the fifth boss, so I could never go and replay, or even finish it.

drummersbangharder

Feb 23, 2009
i dunno, i downloaded Super Mario 64 and Super Mario 3 and I don't play them at all, never really did. I played the crap out of those games when I was younger..I also have Mario Galaxy and that game has collected dust, haven't played it in a couple years...But, I did play Super Paper Mario and really liked it, too much dialog though, but it was a pretty good game. I rented it and HAD to beat it for the week it was rented out. I did, and I think I would like to play it again sometime. For me, mario games are the funnest game at the moment when you first play them through, but I rarely (besides the NES ones) replay them.

Cylem

Feb 27, 2009
I've played the first Tales of Symphonia from start to finish, sidequests included, three times. I've almost got my monster book filled. :D

I also picked up my old copy of Pokemon Crystal. It's a nice way to pass the time, but I'd forgotten how fast my old Gameboy Advance would go through batteries...

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
Mask of 1000 Faces said:
The first Tales of Symphonia. Once you finish, you take all the "Grade" (another category of points) and pour it into cool things like enhanced EXP Gain, keeping items and stats from your previous game, etc.

Wicked fun.
I've played through the first Tales of Symphonia three times.
Good times there...good times.
I recommend it for a replay.

SquirrelPants

Dec 22, 2008
Oblivion is worth a replay, simply due to the sheer amount of content. Sure, the speaking animations are stiff and all that, but there's so much to do that you begin to get past it.

quack35

Sep 1, 2008
Ehh... I didn't think Portal had much replay value.

Oddly enough, I agree with the guy who said Lego Star Wars. It had some fun stuff to collect.

I'd probably say Oblivion or Morrowind as my top, though.

Skruff

Mar 19, 2009
AlphaOmega said:
Skruff said:
Pyromania192 said:
OP could you really play through Mass Effect again? I was so bored of that game by the ending. Unless it would be for achievements :p
Actually, yeah, I could. Granted, I wouldn't spend nearly as much time planetside as I did the first time through. Still, I really enjoyed the overall plot and gameplay of the game. Plus, since I played it through as a good guy the first time through, I could play as the bad not-nearly-as-good guy on the 2nd pass.

And shiny new achievements are never a bad thing! *grin*
Being the mean bastard is awsome :) and I want to beat every game I have on highest difficulty so.
Yeah, there is that "hardcore" achievement to consider! That's reason enough for me to take a second swing at the game.

However, I figure if I play through a 2nd time, I'll keep my good guy character and carry him over into Mass Effect 2, since they've said we need to keep our save games for the 2nd game. My only fear is that if I do play my first character a 2nd time as a bastard, that'll be the personality that carries over into the new game.