What games did you finish, and then immediately start again?

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
I try very hard not to be a Square Enix fanboy, but the storytelling alone in this one deserves some kind of award.

Infamous
Only because I was forced to do this during my "Trophy Hunter" phase. I ended up giving up halway though my third playthrough. I found it really hard to enjoy this game. I'm glad I only borrowed it. If I got this for free during the PSN meltdown, I would have felt cheated. I'm glad I picked up WipEout HD instead.

Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, 3, 4, Portable Ops and Peace Walker
It's no secret that I'm a huge MGS fanboy. I still replay these. Yes, even MGS2.

Dead Space
One of the few "Trophy Run" games that I actually enjoyed running multiple playthroughs of. When my first PS3 crashed (water damage) I was halfway through my first trophy run. I was not upset that I had to start this one over.

Portal
Screw looking up the new ending on YouTube, this game deserved another playthrough for it.

Half-Life
I'm trying to do a Half-Life marathon now that I own every game in the series except for ]Decay [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-Life:_Decay]. Personal reasons haven't allowed me to finish this feat, but have allowed me to play through this one over and over again. Mostly because the story is completely forgettable. I have high hopes for Half-Life 2, but I need to play Blue Shift and Opposing Force.

Fallout 3
I have wasted months on this game, and I regret nothing.

Folklore
Probably one of the most underrated PS3 exclusives next to Valkyria Chronicles.

Batman: Arkham Asylum
I am the Batman.

Modern Warfare 2
This game disappointed the shit out of me, but it made for some fun times with my friends, so I suppose it was worth retail price for me. Not really into online multiplayer, though. Not nearly as good as...

Call of Duty: World at War
I was so sick and fucking tired of WWII shooters by the time this game into my life. This game proved that it could squeeze a final good nugget out of the setting. This game was delicious.

Resident Evil 1, 2, 3 and 4
It took me years to warm up to 4, but I ended up replaying this one almost as much as the first three. It'll probably take me forever to warm up to RE5, though. I've done so many ridiculous playthroughs of the first three that it scares me how much time I've spent on these (pistol-only runs, no healing runs, alternate endings, etc). RE4 has been replayed more so on the PC port due to a surprising amount of mod support.

Assassin's Creed 1, 2 and Brotherhood
I've played the first two more times to count. I didn't get to replay Brotherhood as much due to my friend borrowing this and taking half a fucking year to play it, and even longer to finish AC2.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
This one took me about 2-3 months on my first playthrough. Second one took me a couple of weeks. Since then I've made this game my *****.

Prince of Persia (2008)
Fucking fanboys ruined this one. They whined and bitched and complained so hard that they killed this one and gave us another fucking installment of the overrated Sands of Time series. This game is horribly underrated and absolutely gorgeous to look at.

Wanted: Weapons of Fate
I don't know what it is about this game that compelled me to replay it so much (other than my "Trophy Hunter" phase). I think at the time my PS3 collection consisted of mostly First-Person Shooters, so it was refreshing to see something different come along. It's really only half-decent, but the bullet-bending mechanic is really fun.

God of War 3
I've played the first two many times, but this one has been replayed so much that I think I'm wearing out the disk.

Dante's Inferno
See GoW3

Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy
This is pretty much the Star Wars game you are looking for. Just turn on the "realistic combat" cheat and you're good to go.

Alien Trilogy
I loved the shit out of this game until it was stolen out of my garage when I was younger. I've had it emulated since then, but I wouldn't mind seeing it show up on the PSN Store. This is another one I've done crazy runs with (again, pistols only; I made the alien queen my *****).

Curse of Monkey Island
This is, was, and always will be my favorite of the series. I own and enjoyed the entire series, including Tales of Monkey Island, but this one is superior to all.

There are a few exceptions, but pretty much all of these were replayed immediately.

I'm a bit late to the game, but I'm currently involved in my very first playthrough of The Longest Journey. I'm only a few chapters in, but so far I do believe I will immediately play it again as soon as it's over. I'm actually rather disappointed in myself for not picking this one up earlier.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
Mass Effect, within 3 days of completing my paragon/fem playthrough I jumped into a renegade/dude playthrough.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Every Zelda, Portal 1 and 2, Bastion, Mass Effect 1, Trin and many RPG games since I wanted a different path/ending.

I like to win a game as fast as possible during the first try, after that I try to get everything there is or try other solutions if there are some.

blizzaradragon

Mar 15, 2010
Hmm...there's a ton of games that I've done that for. To name just a few:
Mass Effect 1 & 2
KotOR 1 & 2
inFamous(and once I finish 2 I'll probably do the same)
Dark Cloud 2
Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, and 3
Super Mario 64
Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie
Final Fantasy IV, VI, VIII, X, XIII
Almost every single Zelda game(minus the original, Adventure of Link, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks. Going through the original and Adventure of Link right now, then they'll get added to that list)
Paper Mario, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, and Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros Brawl for the Subspace Emmisary
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Mario Party 3
Digimon World 1, 2, 3, and Data Squad
Pokemon Blue, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Emerald, Firered, Leafgreen, Diamond, Platinum, Heartgold, Soulsilver, Black

Yeah, I've only done it for a couple games :p

Bovver

Jul 31, 2008
Fable all 4
Mass Effect 1&2
Oblivion
Halo: CE
Fallout 3& New Vegas
Dragonage Origins
Borderlands
The First Spyro
Every Crash Bandicoot I have ever played
All Gta's
and Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver.
and im sure there is more..

FuzzyRaccoon

Sep 4, 2010
Dead Space 2, I thought the boss fight at the end was kinda lame, but everything else was really great. Also I couldn't wait to start over again with everything and just mess shit up a slightly greater difficulty.
:D.

Ahhhh, and Mass Effect the first time, because I wanted to play it on Insanity. Ended up playing it on Hardcore for some reason, but yeah.
Benezia was so easy to kill on the second playthrough. That first time though, MY GOD.
Also Mass Effect 2, also for the extra stuff you'd get.

And Zelda:Windwaker because you get your seaside outfit.

And KotOR because I wanted to be a Consular that time.

I know there are a few others but I can't remember.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
- Mass Effect 1&2
- Dragon Age 1&2 (I'm one of those crazy people who somewhat liked the second one.)
- Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, Oblivion, and soon to be Skyrim (and by start over after finishing, I mean play the hell out of one character and make another at some point.)
- A bunch of Fire Emblem games.
- Most of the Pokemon games(I stopped at Ruby in getting them I do believe.)
- inFamous
- Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, and 3.
- Fallout 3 and NV (The first time wasn't exactly an option, as Broken Steel wasn't out yet.)
- Most of the Zelda games(OoT, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, all of the gameboy versions aside from anything on the DS and beyond.)
- I guess Super Smash Bros Melee counts, I lost all my save information randomly after having nearly everything unlocked and proceeded to go, "Oh well, time to get it all again!"
- Dark Cloud
- KotOR

There are plenty more, but I can't think of them.

Dranae

Apr 19, 2011
Prototype, Dragon Age: Origins, Okami (I love the skin changers), Shadow of the Colossus, all the Assassin's Creeds.

But most definitely Prototype. I love the New Game + for it.

Heeman89

Jul 20, 2009
I never had this experience until I picked up a copy of Mass Effect 2, don' t know what it is about that game but I just love it! Played every class, Paragon/Renegade, and all the DLC. Game is so much fun

SangRahl

Feb 11, 2009
MGS3:Subsistance - I loved this game so much, I just had to go back in and play with the new armors earned from my perfect tranq playthrough. (And to find the rest of those bloody frogs...)

Uncharted 2 - Mostly to clear up some of the "Kill X number with Y gun" trophies, but it was so much fun the first time, I actually did just start over after the credits rolled.

Red Dead Redemption - Played as a perfect citizen with a dark past, who could pluck the wings off a dragonfly from 20yds with a Winchester, the first time through. The second, I was a full-on bad*ss gunslinger who would ventilate someone rather than ask them to step aside. (And I'd exchanged my Golden Guns code for the Assassin Outfit with someone on CheapAssGamer, but they hadn't patched the bugs for acquiring it.) I love how they changed Marston's responses to random dialogue depending on your notoriety.

inFamous - Played through 100% Good and restarted immediately to play through as 100% Evil. Its one of the few games that I've taken all the way to Platinum, and my only regret is that it was only a rental, so I can't load it up whenever I get the itch.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
Bulletstorm, finished it and started on hardest right away
mostly because when I finished I was like "that's it?" so yeah =P
then Bioshock 2, Crysis 2and yeah, that's about it so far

AT God

Dec 24, 2008
Duke Nukem Forever. Played through it on every difficulty before I played anything else. Only game I can think of restarted after beating it, except Binding of Isaac, but that game is meant to be played over and over.

Alexias_Sandar

Nov 8, 2010
Let's see, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Planescape: Torment, KotOR 1, KotOR 2, Mass Effect 1, Mass Effect 2, NeverWinter Nights 1, Jade Empire, Master of Orion 2, Warcraft 1, Warcraft 2, Chess, The Blue and the Grey, Riders of Rohan, Red Baron, Wolfenstein 3D, Soul Calibur 1, Soul Calibur 2, Phantasy Star Online...many more. Actually, I'm sure I've missed quite a lot in my list, just putting a few of those that I remember paying a lot of attention to that way. The RPG ones where I create various highly different characters being some of the more common, though Turn Based Strategy and Fighting games similarly, often playing them from alternative perspectives. Often with Red Baron I'd fly as a British ace, then once I completed the war switch and play a German ace. Assuming I didn't die horribly in a suicide run on a Zepplin after running out of ammunition trying to shoot it down solo. No bombing factories under my protection, even if I have to suicide into the thing to ensure it.

Marmalade

Mar 23, 2009
lacktheknack said:
Mirror's Edge... four times.

And thus it became my favorite game of all time.
I got ninja'd. I am surprised. My other game I did this with was InFamous.

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
Basically any game I want to beat on the hardest difficulty like CoD games, Halo, Gears of War, Prototype, etc. One of a few exceptions to this would be Saints Row 2. I just had so much fun with it that I had to play it again.

EDIT: Oh, another exception is Red Dead Redemption. That game is golden.