What games from this generation do you think you'll still be replaying in 10 years?

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
Hard to say... I've got Skyrim, Shogun2, Amalur, Saints Row3, The Witcher2 all waiting on my hdd... and what do I do? I scrounge up my Jagged Alliance 2 disk and play that.

To be honest, I doubt any current gen games can make that list. Except maybe Skyrim.

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
Definitely STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl (with mods), maybe Portal 2 (but probably not), maybe BioShock 1 and probably Fallout 3 GOTY.

Yeah, clearly this is the shooter generation.

moostar

Nov 26, 2010
the mass effect, and demon's soul series, best games ever, i can all ready picture many gamers playing these two games, and many more, under the next ten years or so if your looking for a grand escape from reality. :]

Skin

Dec 28, 2011
Bhaalspawn said:
You say that now, but wait until TES VI comes out.
This. Your not going to be playing Skyrim in 10 years.

As for me, its got to be Halo:CE and Dark Souls.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Fallout 3 and New Vegas... the mod combinations seem endless, and can change the dynamics of the gameplay completely.

The Mass Effect series, it's a fun ride I'll want to relive at some point.

Batman Arkham Asylum & City, same reason as Mass Effect.

Supreme Commander & Forged Alliance, one for the balance, the other for the staggering amount of modded units. I think I'll be playing SupCom multiplayer in my grave.

...and that's about it from this generation. I'll probably still be re-playing the same games from the 90s that I do now as well... Such as Mechwarrior 2 DOSboxed under Windows 18 or Wine/DOSboxed under some version of KDE Linux 44.1. Only time will tell.

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
Valkyria Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles as these are two of my favourite games ever made I am sure I will be sporadically replaying them for many years in the future not just 10 but there will be probably a few years gap between each playthrough.

Cant really think of many others I will be still playing but I will probably still play rockband on the odd occasion when we all gather together for a few beers.

DeltaEdge

May 21, 2010
None. But I will probably still be playing some 90s games 10 years from now. I just started playing Earthbound a few weeks ago. Maybe in 10 years I'll be playing pokemone yellow version.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I doubt I would play any of my current games ten years later but I guessing it could be-

Pokemon White or the sucessor after that.
Phantasy Star Zero.
Guild Wars? (Unlikely due to it becoming uncompatible.)

Or pretty much any games that got replay valve in term of collecting items or level grinding.

Ryank1908

Oct 18, 2009
Interesting question. I'd probably have to go with one of the recent Total War games, Dark Soul's (how can I not keep coming back to that? I still haven't finished the damn thing,) and I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard haven't released a Diablo 4 or a Starcraft 3 in ten years time, so D3 and SC2 as well.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I don't know if I'll be playing them in 10 years' time, but if I had to pick some future-classics, I think I'd go with:

Portal (2)
The Witcher 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
BioShock (although I personally didn't particularly love it)

Maybe Mass Effect, and possibly the Batman: Arkham games.

Hopefully Call of Duty will be recognised for the rubbish that it is in 10 years.

Volkov

Dec 4, 2010
Obviously depends on what you mean by "this generation". But like, past 5 years - Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect (at least 1 and 2), probably Portal 2. Certainly none of the FPSs except maybe TF2, if it's still going. Maybe Arkham Asylum. The Witcher 2, definitely. StarCraft II, unless StarCraft III comes out by then.

I think these are most of them. I think most modern games are pretty awful, because it is absolutely impossible to make a good story about war without recognizing the actual value of human life/attempt to reason why enemies do what they do (i.e., all modern shooters completely fail to do that), and it's impossible to make a good multiplayer FPS without rocket jumps. Which, again, means most modern shooters completely fail to do that.

darkcalling

Sep 29, 2011
I could definitely see myself playing Amalur again. maybe Skyrim or Oblivion. Though I haven't actually BEATEN any of these atm. Might be the same save file. rofl

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
Given I still hop back to the old n64 from time to time to play Mario 64, Banjo and Kazooie and so on, good old platformers, coupled with how much I enjoyed them I can see myself dusting off the Wii and playing the Mario Galaxy games again 10+ years down the line

iLazy

Aug 6, 2011
I'm probably going to still be the first three pokemon generations, GTA and Okami. God damn I love those games.

And Mario for the Nintendo 64. I will keep playing with my N64 until it breaks, then I will cry. And cry. And cry.

And any games I have for my Gamecube, because I love my Gamecube. So perfect that little cube.

Shavon513

Apr 5, 2010
Probably the Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Witcher and Elder scroll games. I can;t get sick of them :)

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Most of them , if my predictions are right . I predict that , in 10 years all games will be digital download and i will stop gaming thus i will have no choice but to play the games i currently have. Honorabl mention goes to :

Catherine
Dragon age origin
Dark souls
Lost oddesey
Resonance of fate
Star ocean TLH
CoD black ops
Bayonetta