What Games Scare you?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
For me it was Resident Evil 4 when the Regenerator pops up. They keep making this creepy sound was so unnerving. The worst part is that the sound was everywhere nor can I simply mute it since the sounds means they were close!

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
The first thief game was this during any of the undead levels. Especially the Old Quarter and Cathedral levels. I played it when I was much younger and it unnerved the crap out of me at the time. I suspect it wouldn't be bad now and once I realized the undead abide by the same perception rules as human guards, it got a bit better.

Ironically, the Cradle in 3 didn't bother me nearly as much as it apparently did everyone else. Probably because people had talked so much about it that I kinda of already knew something of what to expect by the time I reached it. Thanks Internet.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
heartily24 said:
I know this is not a horror game but ME3 scares me every time i think about what's out there. Knowing someday, Reapers will go to Earth for total destruction of human population and the shepard we know is just a game character out of fiction.
I'm going to suggest you steer clear of lovecraft's fiction.

Though you do bring up a good point, that even within ME the only reason the Reapers were defeated was because of a giant deus ex machina and a star brat who just told you "Oh, you reached me. You win. Pick your method of victory because reasons".

Omniponent

Nov 19, 2009
Special Thanks to everyone who contributed. Even if I didn't include a quote from you in the article, I enjoyed reading everyone's stories!
Seems like the winners for scariest games are:
Fatal Frame
Alien Isolation
and F.E.A.R (this one surprised me)

But I guess everyone is different!

Let me know what you think of the article, any comments or critiques are welcome, preferably leave them on my site and not on the forum. Thanks so much!

http://www.discussking.com/the-spill/why-are-games-scary