What Games Should Be Remade or Have A Sequal?

Captain Ninja

May 9, 2009
i would love metal gear solid to be bundled like god of war,
All 3 of the original MGS with upgraded graphics put on one disc for the PS3 man i would buy that in a second.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
chozo_hybrid said:
Sonicron said:
chozo_hybrid said:
Sonicron said:
I wouldn't mind seeing remakes of the Legacy of Kain series in today's shiny new graphics.

I would have loved to see a sequel to Transformers Armada (PS2), but sadly it got scrapped about 8 months into development.
Agreed to both of these, still there's War for Cybertron coming, and it looks awesome.

Also, if I see someone come in and say FF7 I'll kill someone...
FF7! Ha! Come and get me. :p

About War for Cybertron... I can't wait for that game. I feel like a little boy waiting for his birthday or Christmas, and not even Arkham Asylum managed to get me this excited. I hope they release a demo soon or else my head might explode. :)
I'm just sick of seeing FF7 on lists like this, we get it. People want it remade.

Arkham got me pretty excited, but not to this extent! I'm always looking for stuff online just because I can't wait.
Well, there's always the slight chance one or more company bigshots browse forums like this one out of boredom and see people prostrating themselves in front of the FFVII devotion shrine, which might make them actually consider remaking the fucking game. Don't they realize what kind of money they could make with this...?!

Need to calm down.

Yeah, I'm checking google every two days for news about a demo release for War for Cybertron, but as of now it doesn't look like it'll happen. For Christ's sake, I've actually marked the release date in my calendar, something I haven't done in years!

Randomologist

Aug 6, 2008
I'd like to see BLACK 2, with:
More than one bloody pathway through the levels;
The ability to go backwards throughout the level;
Checkpoints! Y'know, like the ones we've had since the fucking Nineties. So you don't start over if you die.

Oh, and fix the shotgun heavies. You can't kill them while they're getting up, thus they will nearly always score a hit on you.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Sonicron said:
I wouldn't mind seeing remakes of the Legacy of Kain series in today's shiny new graphics.

I would have loved to see a sequel to Transformers Armada (PS2), but sadly it got scrapped about 8 months into development.
YES! Soul Reaver was awesome! :D But the Transeformers game that came out on PS2 by Melbourne House was pretty awesome and had great graphics for the time.

I wanna also see a remake of Future-Cop L.A.P.D and a PSN release of Shadow of the Colossus.

Dart DeathClaw

Sep 22, 2009
Holy shizno, a remake of Super Mario RPG Legend Of The Seven Stars would be the best. I would love another Republic Commando, I mean really... I WANNA SAVE SEV DAMMIT! I know sev lives because of the awesome Karren Travis books about Delta, but I wanna be Boss shoutin the orders and gettin' the squad back to full! Also, I want Call Of Duty 1 to come back. I didn't like COD2 and the health regen, and they just ran with it into the craptastic they spew now. Don't get me wrong! I love the games and story lines, but they had it pat in the first one. Besides, why go realistic and all that shit if you throw in HEALTH REGENERATION? honestly...

kingcom

Jan 14, 2009
Deus Ex..it hasn't got one...nope, doesnt have a sequel yet, though a prequel is being made.

That-Ginger-Kid

Mar 16, 2010
personally, i'd like to see a remake of wacky racers for the ps2,
because that game was so good when i used to play it.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Sonicron said:
chozo_hybrid said:
Sonicron said:
chozo_hybrid said:
Sonicron said:

Agreed to both of these, still there's War for Cybertron coming, and it looks awesome.

Also, if I see someone come in and say FF7 I'll kill someone...
FF7! Ha! Come and get me. :p

About War for Cybertron... I can't wait for that game. I feel like a little boy waiting for his birthday or Christmas, and not even Arkham Asylum managed to get me this excited. I hope they release a demo soon or else my head might explode. :)
I'm just sick of seeing FF7 on lists like this, we get it. People want it remade.

Arkham got me pretty excited, but not to this extent! I'm always looking for stuff online just because I can't wait.
I've actually marked the release date in my calendar, something I haven't done in years!
Same here, that's not something I do often. I even have it on my cell with an alarm.

Kyuubi Fanatic said:
Final Fantasy VII. It's just cruel to tease us with that technical demo and then NOT make the game!!
Someone just had to say it didn't they...

Remaking it, means they will change it. Because they will have to link it to everything! And do you want voices in it? I mean really, I hated the english voice cast and I normally go with dubs.

The plot holes from all the other spin offs will have to have links put in and not only that, I don't want to have to put up with them making them all girly mean like in Advent children and the like.

GothWolf117

Apr 27, 2010
Randomologist said:
I'd like to see BLACK 2, with:
More than one bloody pathway through the levels;
The ability to go backwards throughout the level;
Checkpoints! Y'know, like the ones we've had since the fucking Nineties. So you don't start over if you die.

Oh, and fix the shotgun heavies. You can't kill them while they're getting up, thus they will nearly always score a hit on you.
they do have checkpoints in Black, just they were annoyingly spread out. i agree fully with every one of your points, no backtracking was irritating and even more so was the lack of a jump option. the Blackmail objectives were awesome though, i actually felt bad every time i destroyed the one labeled "evidence of Flight 800 cover-up", man i'd want to see what it was.

another bug was glitched sound effects on silver weapons, the Uzi and Mac-10 would have a silenced effect even when they were clearly unsilenced, plus i hated that you couldn't choose to have silver weapons on or off (like Goldeneye's optional cheats).

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
chozo_hybrid said:
Same here, that's not something I do often. I even have it on my cell with an alarm.
This game might actually get me to (partially) break my dictum of never playing online. I want to see how the 3-player online co-op holds up!
In that regard, which is actually better (considering player base and especially connection stability), PSN or XBL?

WitherVoice

Sep 17, 2008
Too many to count. My favourite pets would be:
KotOR 2 - To be FINISHED. They bloody well cut the entire bloody ending, the bastards!
V:tM Bloodlines - this game is two things: good and unique. There's nothing like it, and it's awesome. Want more. Want MOOORE!
Final Fantasy 6 - for remake... new graphics. Just don't tack several-minute-long animations onto the attacks... keep it simple, quick and effective.
Syndicate - Syndicate was deligtfully amoral and thoroughly amusing. Sequel or remake matters only slightly if they manage to capture that ESSENCE. (Shut up, there was no sequel. SHUT UP I say!)

GreatVladmir

May 25, 2008
I want to see Daikatana 2, becuase we all know it wasn't a broken pile of garbage and it deserves a sequel.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Sonicron said:
chozo_hybrid said:
This game might actually get me to (partially) break my dictum of never playing online. I want to see how the 3-player online co-op holds up!
In that regard, which is actually better (considering player base and especially connection stability), PSN or XBL?
In my experience, XBL. While I do not own a PS3 (I plan on it soon though) I think their online service sucks, you get what you pay for, and when it's free... Well, you can't expect much.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
jwien001 said:
Baneat said:
Also another Pokemon stadium would be great.
katsumoto03 said:
Another Pokemon Staduim would be awesome.
Have you guys heard of/checked out Pokemon Battle Revolution for the Wii? It's essentially Pokemon Stadium, and if all you want is to see your D/P team duke it out in 3D, it delivers.
Unfortunately, I'm gonna assume it is incompatible with HG/SS. Does it have the minigames like the first two?

wolf thing

Nov 18, 2009
holographicman said:
+1 to a Republic commando sequel
plus another one.
also timesplitters 3 or let me play timesplitter futcer perfect on my 360. why not. WHY THE HELL NOT.

UltimateHorseradish

Apr 27, 2010
So I pretty much just signed up to post in this thread, m'kay.
Conker's Bad Fur Day, or even Live and Reloaded, cause I nver got to play Live and Reloaded online. :B
Even though I think if they incorporated an online multiplayer in BFD, they'd probably screw it up, but hey nothing like killing three of your friends on the same tv...