What Games Would You Like To See On GOG?

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
So, since GOG is basically 'killing it' with all the LucasArts stuff, I was wonder if there were any games you'd like to see add to them.

For me?

Captain Claw:
Can't get it to run on Win8, even with the fan hacks.
:(

Star Wars - Episode 1 - Racer:
One of the better racing games I've played, it's basically weaponless Wipeout in the Star Wars universe.
And, like Captain Claw, I can't get the bloody thing to run on Win8.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Any game should be there but if we are into specifics then

Swat 4 (they have Swat 3, how can they not have 4)
Hidden And Dangerous 1 and 2
Freedom Fighters
Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2
Second Sight

EDIT: Saints Row 2 since they actually did the terrible port (or atleast are part of the same parent company, CD Projekt Black did the port and CD Projekt runs GOG, CD Projekt Red does the game development stuff), maybe by putting it in the GOG store they could tweak it up a little.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Warhammer 40k: Chaos Gate!

I still have the original disk, but oh man! Every time I try to play it, it takes longer and longer to load. One of these days, its just gonna stop.

Also Warhammer: Mark Of Chaos
Apparently that game can't work on Windows 7. Just straight up, even in compatibility mode. It only only works on a PC running Windows XP. Checked all over the web. Known bug, oops. No fix. Thanks for buying it!

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
I really want to see the old microprose Magic the Gathering game with all its expansions I still have the original game and one expansion but its a pain to run on modern systems if I could get a version that ran easily and with all the content I would buy it straightaway.

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
Silentpony said:
Apparently that game can't work on Windows 7. Just straight up, even in compatibility mode. It only only works on a PC running Windows XP. Checked all over the web. Known bug, oops. No fix. Thanks for buying it!
That is odd, mine is working perfectly and I didn't have to do anything o_O

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
The Neverhood Chronicles. GOG wouldn't even have to optimize it, as the physical disk still runs without a hitch on modern operating systems. Yes the game sold abysmally poor back in the day (only 42,000 copies), but it's since gained a rabid cult following over the years. I guarantee it would turn a profit.

Also, Tie Fighter. Yes I know it's already available on GOG, but they don't offer what fans consider the definitive version of the game. I'm talking about the 1995 Collector's Edition CD-ROM that contained all the add-on content and upped the resolution while keeping the iMUSE dynamic soundtrack instead of the canned Red Book audio of the 1998 release. While they're at it they should release the 1994 Collector's Edition for X-Wing as well for the same reasons.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Boris Goodenough said:
Silentpony said:
That is odd, mine is working perfectly and I didn't have to do anything o_O
Wait, really?! Every time I try to play it, it won't run. Shuts itself down! I checked all over the web, even contacted Bandi Namco customer support. They told me, yes, its a known bug. Can't be fixed. How very unfortunate. No returns allowed.

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
Silentpony said:
Wait, really?! Every time I try to play it, it won't run. Shuts itself down! I checked all over the web, even contacted Bandi Namco customer support. They told me, yes, its a known bug. Can't be fixed. How very unfortunate. No returns allowed.
Sooo have you tried reinstalling windows? Sorry, it's the only thing I can think of o_O What GPU do you have and what CPU?

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
I'd like to see ZeniMax start selling games they own the licences to on GOG. They own Bethesda and ID. I honestly think they're really stupid for not doing so. A significant number of the people who use GOG are interested in playing old PC games, you have a tonne of old PC games. And GOG tends to handle anything on the technical end to make sure the games run on modern systems.

If they did make a deal we could see Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, Doom, etc on GOG. Heck you could even get older games you can't get anywhere else like those Terminator games that Bethesda made in the 90's. If someone wants to play those old Terminator games they'd have to pay a crazy amount for a 2nd hand boxed copy or pirate it, either way Zenimax doesn't make anything.

If they ever do make a deal I think they should give away Arena and Daggerfall to all users. I mean they're already freeware.

Prime_Hunter_H01

Dec 20, 2011
The Mechwarrior Series

I have only ever seen videos of the games but I can tell I would have a fun time with them. The bit I played of Mechwarrior Online was fun but I'm a more singleplayer/coop person.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
I would love to pick up a digital version of the original Black and White, more so if it also came as the deluxe edition with the Creature Isle expansion.

Those games are nye impossible to find nowadays, Amazon and eBay notwithstanding.

Bombiz

Apr 12, 2010
We've had a thread like this before and since one of the 2 things I wanted got one (Star wars Galactic battle grounds) I'm hoping for the other.
Prime_Hunter_H01 said:
The Mechwarrior Series

I have only ever seen videos of the games but I can tell I would have a fun time with them. The bit I played of Mechwarrior Online was fun but I'm a more singleplayer/coop person.
this. this is the other game. more specifically Mech Warrior 4.

PPB

May 25, 2009
I was really happy with the recent Star Wars releases but they're still missing a few important games. Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Academy are obvious ones, but I'd also like to see Shadows of the Empire. If they got around releasing Dark Forces, Rogue Squadron and Rebellion, I don't see why they can't have Shadows, Battle for Naboo and Racer. Hopefully they're planned for another wave.

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
I'd like to see Mech Warrior 3 over 4 to be honest, also Sentinel: Returns. I have a boxed copy of it but it's just impossible to get running.

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
Advent rising
Mechwarrior franchise
Heavy gear franchise
The entire final fantasy series (not just the super popular ones but all of them from the original to tactics)
Grandia
Dragon quest franchise
Secret of mana
Shadowman
Kingsfield series (along with demons souls)
Armored core series
Legend of Dragoon

I know many of these were never officially released on PC but I would like to see them revived on PC and let the younger generations play the great games of the past