What gives you the most pleasure when gaming?

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Well what things just make you smile the most while sitting there with your controller/keyboard/mobile device?

Two things come up for me. Beating a Gym Leader or Champion's toughest Pokemon during the climax of the music track is one. The other is winning a grueling, skill testing fight with a friend and winning by a close margin. I recall being in a battle in SSBM with a close friend of mine where we were down to our last lives and were both beyond 300% damage. It was Hyrule, in the cave portion and we kept dodging and smashing each other relentlessly. Winning in a close match like that really makes the entire experience amazing for me.

Anyway, your turn to go on :p

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Easy, my girlfriend.

Just kidding!
...I don't have one.

I probably get a good amount of pleasure out of the simple handing in quests. I also get pleasure from beating a challenging opponent or task. Challenging, not hard. Like in TimeSplitters Future Perfect I kept dying from spider drones and running out of ammo. I realised I had nglected my grenades, and utilising them felt good as I finally got passed a bit I was stuck on.

HellbirdIV

May 21, 2009
Lengthy kill streaks in online shooters.

Winning an RTS match fair and square - I love RTSes but I suck horribly at them.

Winning a straight up toe-to-toe fight in any game where multiplayer is about fighting as opposed to surprising your enemy and killing him with two shots from your assault rifle. World of WarCraft PvP is a good example.

It's the simple things in life :3

NotSoLoneWanderer

Jul 5, 2011
Long range sniping sprees. Not running into the middle of the match quick scoping people or doing trick shots, I mean getting long range kills where people are walking along and yelling "wtf killed me!?!?!". Makes me feel like a ninja sniperzzz pro. Also being stealthy in any multiplayer fps game.

Zeetchmen

Aug 17, 2009
Winning.

Doesn't matter if I'm having fun and kicking ass, no one just ruins it for me.

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
Watching my opponents have absolutely no way to stop me as I steamroll all their defenses in an RTS. Nothing more satisfying than that. (Except that time i almost got a Pentakill in LoL... so damn close, but i guess a quadrakill is better than nothing)

Sam_Winchester

Sep 24, 2009
Shooting Saddler in RE4 when the music climaxes...
Killing a boss in Demon's/Dark Souls...
Successfully stealth killing a target in Assassin's Creed...
Emptying 10 shells into a Tank with the Auto-Shotgun in L4D 1 or 2...
Beating Mass Effect 2 with my whole party still surviving...

y'know, those kinds of things...

Korilas

Aug 22, 2011
Any stealth kill is always satisfying.

It's the reason why i love Hitman games.
and playing spy in TF.
Backstabbing half of the enemy team under 15sec is just so satisfying

Redweaver

Apr 1, 2009
Gaining a level in an RPG.
A win streak in an old-school fighter like SFII earned through skill, not cheese.
Solving a puzzle that's been kicking my ass without any sort of help.
Any show of pure-skill awesome, ie. a hole-in-one in golf, a headshot in an FPS, a 99 yard kickoff return for a TD, etc.

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
Mine will always be shooting someone I really, really don't like in an FPS. Surprisingly, almost everymatch I'm in has one of them. And it's doesn't matter if it's a hacker or just another asshole, it just always gives me a sense of triumph.

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
It depends on the game, but generally speaking it depends on what has the most satisfying sound effects/visceral effects. (GOW Headshots anyone?).

werty10089

Aug 14, 2011
Cronq said:
Vibration: High
This. So much this.

On a more serious note, depth. No, not realism. Screw realism. I want personality. I want an antagonist I can justify, and feel sorry for at times. I want humorous, witty characters that are clear satire of a stock character. I want references to outside things. I want critical thinking moments. I want imperfection in the main characters, and god damn it, I want decent swimming mechanics.

Smithburg

May 21, 2009
So many dirty things i could say... MUST... RESIST... But on topic, Nabbing peoples dogtags in Battlefield, and crushing a zombie's head with a baseball bat in dead island just feel satisfying to do lol

Miles000

is most likly drunk righyt noiw!
Apr 18, 2010
Pulling off something amazingly epic and surviving.

Like a backflip, while piloting a Havoc, in BC2, while narrowly missing the wind turbines, and dodging a tracking rocket, and firing your rockets, mid flip, killing a tank below you.
Then your gunner wrecks everything else on the ground, while you dodge incoming fire.

Then when some dick wad on the VADS finally takes you down. Your heart can begin to recover XD

Ninjat_126

Nov 19, 2010
Zeetchmen said:
Winning.

Doesn't matter if I'm having fun and kicking ass, no one just ruins it for me.
This. Whether it's dragging the last survivor off a building to his doom, gunning/swording down the final boss on the hardest difficulty or tearing down every opponent with an obscenely high KDR,it always feels good to be doing well. It doesn't hurt that it happens rather rarely for me.

Failing that, mindless stupidity. Suicide grenade runs! Constantly blocking every attack thrown at me! Playing Gran Turismo like it's Burnout!

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
When one of my lowly minions in an RTS survives against the odds, repeatedly in multiple maps/levels. Think of Myth: The Fallen Lords; when your lowly guardsman survives through a dozen missions - facing down Thrall, Trow, and even a Fallen Lord of two in person; his friends from the first missions long dead on some far away battlefield; his new friends watching the sure movements of a veteran cutting down another Thrall.

And then, at the end of it all, the 'victory' of the Legion probably sees him dead as well.