What glitches have you experienced in Skyrim so far

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
I got Skyrim last night and I'm enjoying it.

But I just saw a dragon on top of this mountain, so I went up to fight it. But then all of a sudden, it started flying backwards :s It did that for a few minutes until it just dissappeared all together.

So yeah what glitches have you experienced so far?

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Just two:
-Meridia's beacon didn't show up on my map when it should have.

-Aela won't use any bow I give her, but instead uses her crappy hunting bow.

Estocavio

Aug 5, 2009
None, personally.
Its actually more stable for me. Prior to the Update, Alt+Tabbing led to lag and crashes after about 15 minutes. It doesn't any more. But hey - lots of people are having glitches :p

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
One guy being stuck in the ground ouside of Whiterun.
I think Shadowmere killed him in the battle for Whiterun...

And crashes to desktop.
I also had crahses to desktop constantly in 2 places for a while.

And the sound of the wind like it is on high snowy mountains, possibly in combination of the sound of Nirnroot constantly playing, no matter where I go.
It got solved when my laptop didn't start up anymore and I had to use a save from my desktop PC to go further. Oh well, only 1 day of progress lost. And my lapop mysteriously started working again later...

EDIT: Pantea won't take her flute, so I can't finish that quest, nor gcan I get rid of the flute because it's a quest item.
I also can't get rid of Gallus' encoded journal, even though the questline is finished.

Fwee

Sep 23, 2009
Haven't played much yet, but had a lady at a bar rapid-firing "Can I get you a drink?"
Just for fun I almost turned around and punched her.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
Just common things :

- Whiterun Jarl's advisor disappearance after selling house
- My horse disappearance - i don't know, maybe he was killed in the battle, maybe run away
- Texture glitches
- My character climbing on almost vertical stone wall

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I've come across a few here and there. I loved how yesterday there was the article they had about the patch making things worse. I ran across all three of those things in one sitting BEFORE I read the article. None of it really mattered to me.

Then I fought an Elder Dragon and an Ancient Dragon. At the same time. Both breathed fire. And my 50% flame resistance boots no longer worked because of that patch. I won, but only because I had Shadowmare and Jordis with me. I spent more time healing in that fight than actually attacking. Now I'm actually annoyed. They better fix that glitch, or this game just became insanely hard. On the plus side, Dragons now strike fear into again like they did when I first started playing the game...

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Mainly just a few pop ins, and occasionaly I can wlak through rocks on mountain sides. And someone started playing the moving logs onto the saw mill animation in the middle of the street.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
Sometimes, rarely, when I try to take something out of a chest, the game offers to put that item into the chest instead, also happens if I press R to take everything. If I go through with it, the game crashes, if I close the chest and open it again it is fixed.
That is the only glitch I've experienced in 110 hours.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I cant pick up books
If it says "Press 'R' to ..." what it really means is "Press 'E' to..." (Doesn't work with books)

Narfo

May 26, 2009
Sean Hollyman said:
I got Skyrim last night and I'm enjoying it.

But I just saw a dragon on top of this mountain, so I went up to fight it. But then all of a sudden, it started flying backwards :s It did that for a few minutes until it just dissappeared all together.

So yeah what glitches have you experienced so far?
That glitch has been confirmed to come from the recent patch Bathesda sent out. One that was supposed to fix other glitches and bugs.
When you installed Skyrim, did you have to download anything? Cause I think you can choose not to download the patch.

On Topic: for me I saw a floating steel sword pointing to the sky; a corpse disappearing into the ground; another corpse floating in the air; and a dragon momentarily getting stuck on a tree (I think: I was too focused on killing it at the time.)

Exerzet

Sep 6, 2010
Basicly the same as your dragon, just with a bear. A big bear. One that I was aiming my bow at when it decided to say "Fuck you gravity"

conflictofinterests

Apr 6, 2010
Mostly to do with mammoths for some strange reason. These mammoths and a giant were fighting this dragon, and all of a sudden, one of the mammoths started floating up and backwards away from the fight. I was like .____.

Then I was wandering past a giant encampment, and a mammoth just randomly fell out of the sky. I wonder if the giant hit it for some reason... .____.

Kyle Meadows

Jan 2, 2011
I found a dragon. It was having seizures in Mid-air. Poor thing. I couldn't hit it with arrows or thu'ums because it was jumping around constantly.

Heat149

Mar 12, 2011
Most F you moment to top you all. My girlfriend asked me to show her the intro that I told her about where the dragon comes in and wrecks shit in helgen, so I made 3 files of my lvl 41 nord before I started a new one, just to be safe.

Started a new file, played through the intro, got through the cave and killed a dragon. She said she waqs satisfied and wanted to see where I had gotten with 75 hrs of play. Went to the load menu, and looked for my nord files, but they werent there...

Went to my game utilities, not there either...

Spend 30 minutes searching for my files to find it was gone for good. What happened? Im not positive, but i think it has something to do with the 5 auto save files containing my lvl 1 imperial...

RAGE!

doomspore98

May 24, 2011
A guy walking in a wall
A man walking up to me, talking to me while I'm talking with someone else and slowly sinking into the ground.
And a person who just disappeared during a fight with him

luclin92

Apr 22, 2009
book i pun into bookshelf`s disappear and i cant interact with it anymore. and my character does not have a face when i use a mask with the arc-mage robe.