What happened to Caramel Frappe?

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

He didn't say anything to me at least so...

It's the only reasonable explanation

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Last time I spoke with him he was really disillusioned with the community and clearly having been the community manager caused him a lot of stress to the point that he stopped interacting with the community, I think he was just done with this place which is a shame because he was a really nice guy but now you know the consequences of being such huge jerks.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Kaleion said:
Last time I spoke with him he was really disillusioned with the community and clearly having been the community manager caused him a lot of stress to the point that he stopped interacting with the community, I think he was just done with this place which is a shame because he was a really nice guy but now you know the consequences of being such huge jerks.
The Wild West was a mistake. Always was, always will be. Its a drag on the site and the users. The sooner its closed for good, the better.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I was wondering that as well. A damn shame that he's gone, but understandable as to the probable reasons why.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Oh my, that's a darn shame, he was a good chap 😞

I do hope he comes back.

Silentpony said:
Kaleion said:
The Wild West was a mistake. Always was, always will be. Its a drag on the site and the users. The sooner its closed for good, the better.
Enough other places to also lay blame on if you want to go and play that game 🙄

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Silentpony said:
Kaleion said:
And yet we voted to keep it.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Redlin5 said:
Silentpony said:
Kaleion said:
Who is we?

We is not plenty of people outside the WW, nor is we even a majority of the WW, based on the WW poll that was fairly close. (I wasnt honestly expecting the anti-WW option to win, but it was a slimmer margin than I think many expected)

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
I used to be a regular here, made friends with quite a few people, then did some stupid shit and got myself banned. Only recently just came back because I remembered liking it here. Caramel was one of the few people I remember, alongside Daystar Clarion and Redlin.
Are they still around?

Saelune said:
Redlin5 said:
Silentpony said:
Kaleion said:
Who is we?

We is not plenty of people outside the WW, nor is we even a majority of the WW, based on the WW poll that was fairly close. (I wasnt honestly expecting the anti-WW option to win, but it was a slimmer margin than I think many expected)
What is this Wild West thing?

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
Sean Hollyman said:
What is this Wild West thing?
It's a "no rules" subforum for people with an active subscription. Which is surprisingly many, but that's because apparently a severely disgruntled tech team gave a permanent subscription for free to most active users upon being suddenly laid off.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
I wiped his profile and stole his mod powers. I am Caramel Frappe now and anyone who wipes me and steals my powers will become him too.

EscapistAccount

Aug 18, 2017
I assume he left for personal reasons, probably through stress at not being able to deliver on stuff he felt he promised in status updates.

EDIT: Which is understandable but, pardon me for saying it, unfair on him if it's the case. He had zero power and was desperately trying to represent peoples interests. Sure, he gave unrealistic estimates and such but I take it he's not trained on project management and in this case he had no power to enforce those estimates and schedules.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I was wondering that myself. He was really great to have around and one of those that seemed dedicated to holding the site together. I can't blame him if the stress finally got to him though.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Well shit, this place is DEFINITELY has gond downhill and beyond saving if even him had bailed out!

Granted I'm not suprised however.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Saelune said:
Redlin5 said:
Silentpony said:
Kaleion said:
Who is we?

And people voted for Donald Trump. Does that make it the right decision?
And what is the Wild West if not the Donald Trump of the Escapist? Loud, obnoxious, unfiltered, deliberately antagonistic and toxic and playing by a completely new set of rules most users find disgusting and damaging.

But at least you guys can post shitty memes, eh?

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Redlin5 said:
WW has nothing to do with this.

Fischgopf said:
This place is beyond saving anyway.
This. Even the best people can only take so much mismanagement before they wash their hands of everything. It doesn't exactly feel nice to have all your hard work invalidated because some execs keep taking a big crap on it and even sometimes make you into a supposed liar because they were too lazy to do anything.

Now, did the community get on his back way too much? Yeah, they did, but I'm pretty sure seeing the complete lack of help from Defy was the final nail in the coffin.

Regardless of all that, I'll definitely miss him. See ya', space cowboy.