What happened to Critical Miss?

Fleischmann

Jul 15, 2022
Country
Italy
Hey, so as you likely can figure, I am new here. I used to read one of the webcomics on the Escapist back when I was still in school and I recently started trying to find it again to find it was more or less scrubbed from the internet. Does anyone know what happened with Critical Miss and its spin-offs?

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Cory Lydell and Grey Carter were laid off, briefly came back when the Escapist came under new management, then got fired again. Then the site came under the current management, whom rebooted it as the Escapist V2, tho in the transition a lot of the old v1 content did not transfer over for various reasons. Anyway, by that time Cory and Grey had already moved on, like basically all of the old content creators, save for Yathzee.

That's about the gist of it.

Fleischmann

Jul 15, 2022
Country
Italy
Cory Lydell and Grey Carter were laid off, briefly came back when the Escapist came under new management, then got fired again. Then the site came under the current management, whom rebooted it as the Escapist V2, tho in the transition a lot of the old v1 content did not transfer over for various reasons. Anyway, by that time Cory and Grey had already moved on, like basically all of the old content creators, save for Yathzee.

That's about the gist of it.
Man, that is a shame. I was afraid it was an ownership dispute, but this is somehow worse. I hope someone has it all archived somewhere, since I know the Wayback Machine has gaps in its archive of the comic. Thank you for answering though.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Man, that is a shame. I was afraid it was an ownership dispute, but this is somehow worse. I hope someone has it all archived somewhere, since I know the Wayback Machine has gaps in its archive of the comic. Thank you for answering though.
Actually, rights issues is probably one of the major reasons, unfortunately. Don't remember any details tho.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Hey, so as you likely can figure, I am new here. I used to read one of the webcomics on the Escapist back when I was still in school and I recently started trying to find it again to find it was more or less scrubbed from the internet. Does anyone know what happened with Critical Miss and its spin-offs?
Grey got deported from Canada back to Britain and now works for the NHS.