What happened to Extra Credits?

kiltmanfortywo

Jul 14, 2008
I was looking around the website and cannot find any reference to the show extra credits; it isn't in the archived video series list and isn't in the current features either. Does any body know what happened to it?

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
Money issues with the Escapist. They've still been putting up new videos on Youtube and they just announced they're moving to PATV.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
They got in a fight with the Escapist and have left the site for YouTube.

I swear I see three of these threads a day...

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
kiltmanfortywo said:
I was looking around the website and cannot find any reference to the show extra credits; it isn't in the archived video series list and isn't in the current features either. Does any body know what happened to it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl4cNQXsSvA&feature=feedu something happened behind the scenes between them and the site so they are no long on here but They have made a few episodes on youtube while waiting on finding a more networked site to host them.

SnowyGamester

Tech Head
Oct 18, 2009
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.305970-Extra-Credits-leaves-the-Escapist-NEW-Extra-Credits-Presents-The-MMORTS?page=1

That's pretty much it.

Ammutseba

Sep 24, 2010
Disagreement with the Escapist (the Escapist owed them some money and after a fundraiser for the drawer's arm surgery the Escapist supposedly claimed that they wanted some of the money). They have been uploading videos to their YouTube channel but are about to move to PA tv.

/Thread

Harkonnen64

Jul 14, 2010
Been away for a while, have we? Extra Credits left a few weeks back after they were told by the Escapist that the majority of excess donations for Allison's surgery were owed to them. There's a little more to the story than that, but it's pretty hard to defend yourself when you demand donation money as payment from a show that was only pays one person of their staff (Allison), and the Escapist was already behind on paying her as it was. Extra Credits is currently on Youtube, which does not demand payment from someone they already owe money to, ESPECIALLY when that money is donations.

kiltmanfortywo

Jul 14, 2008
Ah, I see. I thought they might have missed a couple weeks or I missed a few shows, but when I started digging around and couldn't find them, I started to question my sanity a bit in a M. Night Shamalayan sorta way.

Thanks for the quick responses, though.