What has made you smile today?

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
A friend of mine told me a story about a game of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare that he was in. The game mode was Last Team Standing. For those of you who've never played it, it's basically a team death-match, but with no respawns (extra exciting in a game with friendly fire always on).

Anyway, my friend, along with everyone else on his team except for one archer, had died. They were spectating the rest of the match, and the archer didn't even have his bow out. He just pulled out his tiny dagger that he had as a sub-weapon. The lone archer and the rest of the enemy team (consisting of about five or six guys, if I remember correctly) ran into each other on the map. Rather than the complete slaughter one might expect, the enemy team lined up, and everyone in the chat bar, or with microphones, started chanting "1 v 1, 1v1!".

Then, one guy from the enemy lineup came forward and dueled the archer (who, I remind you, was armed only with a tiny dagger). The archer won, surprisingly. There was a short pause, and then they continued to chant "1 v 1, 1 v 1!". The match continued on in one-on-one duels like that until the archer had beaten them all, with the chant of "1 v 1, 1 v 1" being repeated each time someone died. Needless to say, the archer was considered the MVP.

Sorry for such a long story. I don't know why I find it so funny, but I do. I guess it's just the thought of those guys watching their teammate get killed, then just resuming the chant for a one-on-one match, that gets me.

sylekage

Dec 24, 2008
The National Anthem at the Bruins/ Chicago game today.

If it's done well, it always gives me goosebumps

alphamalet

Nov 29, 2011
The thread in this very forum where someone was claiming that the Escapist used to be awesome, but went to shit. That user has been here for 13 days! LMAO!

Jinxzy

Jul 2, 2008
I caught not one but two sharks in Animal Crossing:New Leaf.........Boo-ya!

Mocmocman

Dec 4, 2012
I woke up and BOTH of my cats were on the bed with me, which is unusual, it's normally just one.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
I received another message about my avatar causing someone to hit their screen, I love those messages.

Dirge Eterna

Apr 13, 2013
Two things. 1. I finally after about 20 golden keys got a SMG that I can actually use in Borderlands 2. 2. I saw a jaywalker get caught by the cops in my town. The guy was crossing a 4 lane street and was barely moseying across the street backing up everyone, it was especially irritating because there was a cross walk at the intersection less than 100 feet from him. There have been 3 people hit by cars on this street in the last 4 months because they were jaywalking and there is a blind curve at the top of a hill that they all seem to like to walk across. I almost took out a guy myself last week at 6:30am in the morning, it was foggy and the guy was crossing the street in a very random/drunk shuffle. The liquor stores open at 6am around here so I am sure that was where he was going or coming from.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Finding out Troy Baker was voicing Ocelot in Metal Gear Solid V. I love Troy Baker, so I was so excite I started giggling. Also, Square Enix posting the plot synopsis for Kingdom Hearts III.

Cap; Piping Hot. Why thank you, yes I am~

A.A.K

Mar 7, 2009
I got to see my woman, who I haven't seen in 9 days.
I got plenty of new music, particularly this one song that has a violin piece playing behind the rappers the entire song that's just beautiful.

...and my scotch. Scotch is good.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Just today? This.

I've been neither awake nor on the internet long enough today to have found anything else.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
Walking in the rain for the first time since cutting my dreadlocks off the other week. Felt nice to not have to worry about getting my hair wet for once.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
I work as an English teacher in a small private school for Japanese kids between 2-8. Every day these kids make me smile. The things they do and say - so intelligent, and loveable. Greatest job in the world.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Watching the Deep Space Nine episode 'Trials and Tribble-ations'.
As a fan, it made me squee for minutes on end.

Oh, and I listened to the new Black Sabbath album, 13.
It's awesome, go get it.

Miyenne

May 16, 2013
What makes me happy? The view out my back door. Every few hours when I need a break from writing I go and sit and just look while soaking in the sun.

Miyenne

May 16, 2013
wombat_of_war said:
for me. a pretty average day but just got to watch 30 seconds to mars at rock am ring with my best friend so thats made my day :D
What I wouldn't give to see them live. I'm envious.

JLML

Feb 18, 2010
lRookiel said:
On dark souls I let all 4 kings (Well 5 actually) spawn so I could waste them all in one with my giantdad today. It was close but I still did it, that was 20 minutes ago and I still have a big stupid grin on my face :3

Had a similarly fun experience with a brand new character, fire bombs and an undead dragon. Got the loot, rolled under its arm and stood there throwing fire bombs at it. . . not enough to kill it (ran out of them, but it was quite low), but still. FUN!

Speaking of which! Why aren't we playing it together (READ: constant invades with primary goal being the causing of as much grief as possible)? <.<

If interested in that, or any variation thereof (like, you know, ACTUALLY help or stuff), just say so.

EDIT: Went back there and started poking it with a spear. Taking time, but will kill it eventually, 48 damage at a time.

ShipofFools

Apr 21, 2013
Today I am happy, for the trees are dancing through the garden, and the clouds are swirling and look like giant, floating fractals.
Everything is so bright today, and this music I am listening to is really, really great! Also there's flowers all over the pavement...

great day, great day.