What has pissed you off the most when you game online?

Jinx_Dragon

Jan 19, 2009
This is a problem with a wide range of games... I believe CAD did a comic on it too. I don't understand the mentality of these people, so I can't answer why they are unwilling to stick around long enough to play, but your not alone. One of the few things I am not looking forward to when I get a computer up and running again.

Jinx_Dragon

Jan 19, 2009
Magnalian said:
Happens to me occasionally on TF2. Not that I´m a great player, but it should be obvious that 3 sentries on the same spot aren´t going to help our cause a lot.
As a professional engineer I have to say nothing pisses me off more then a novice building right next to my gun. Even if your going to defend the same location, something I don't mind, move the gun to a position 45 degrees to mine at least! That creates a nice kill zone without making it so a single tag team of soldiers with the direct hitter doesn't take you down. Is it really that hard to understand basic machine gun tactics? Hell without FF a circular firing squad is possible, so why the hell do you think my Level 3 needs your little level 1 right beside it... as cute as that tends to look.

Luckily... as much trouble as I have getting other engineers to work with me soldiers have getting other soldiers to work with them. So it isn't common you come across demomen or soldiers coordinating their attacks with each other.

Moosebomber

Nov 4, 2009
Basically when people yell at each other to shut up instead of using the mute button. Or when people pull off some ninja moves and leave you clueless on how you died.

SpiderHam666

Apr 17, 2009
wow, i was going to say something then someone said it. Then I wasgong to say somethine els and someone beat me to it. Over and over so thank you for saving me from wasting my time post..... ah dang. I still posted!

prinxess

Feb 28, 2009
Lol @ OP.

Just bad connection with me, fanboys who sing down the mic and people who try to protect me or others and end up getting us all killed. > . <

Jinx_Dragon

Jan 19, 2009
I'll balanced teams is my pet hate.

Sure, I understand the need to be kicking someone's arse but when they can't fight back? Well, where is the fun in that?! The best games I find are those which neither side seems able to get a leg up on the other and it comes down to the very last second before one side, or the other, manages to punch through to a victory.

I rather lose on a close game then win with a landslide.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
People who consider themselves superior to everyone else, just because they are 40 levels higher than you. Congrats! You have no life, AND your a dick!

Guitar Gamer

Apr 12, 2009
my Wi fi is just pants so LAG happes on a hourley (sometimes minutely) basis

making it impossible to actually have strategy at the worst of times

it is really annoying

The Austin said:
People who consider themselves superior to everyone else, just because they are 40 levels higher than you. Congrats! You have no life, AND your a dick!
problem being is that the make a connection that

if
your level................that guy's level

7..........<.........40

is the same as
you.........<.........that guy

the-darkness

Mar 10, 2009
Morons who shout into their microphones really loud. I know you can mute 'em but it's really fucking annoying before you do. And the worst part is, either they're 7 year olds who swear cos they think it's cool, or it's when there's really loud background noise. Sometimes I'm like 'WTF is going on over there?!'

DominicxD

Dec 28, 2009
The M203 Grenade Launcher. >_<

I also can't stand the squeaky voice people on MW2 with mics who don't shut up. Seriously, half of them must be about the same age as the game they're playing.

Kuhkren

Apr 22, 2009
I don't like admins who ban you if you say one word against them and who abuse their power. I know, tough s*** right?

THEMILKMAN

Jun 16, 2009
95% of people on online FPSs... not to mention the games are just plain tedious and boring.

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
Jinx_Dragon said:
Magnalian said:
Happens to me occasionally on TF2. Not that I´m a great player, but it should be obvious that 3 sentries on the same spot aren´t going to help our cause a lot.
As a professional engineer I have to say nothing pisses me off more then a novice building right next to my gun. Even if your going to defend the same location, something I don't mind, move the gun to a position 45 degrees to mine at least! That creates a nice kill zone without making it so a single tag team of soldiers with the direct hitter doesn't take you down. Is it really that hard to understand basic machine gun tactics? Hell without FF a circular firing squad is possible, so why the hell do you think my Level 3 needs your little level 1 right beside it... as cute as that tends to look.

Luckily... as much trouble as I have getting other engineers to work with me soldiers have getting other soldiers to work with them. So it isn't common you come across demomen or soldiers coordinating their attacks with each other.
Myes, but I´ve seen it happen on more than one occasion that a couple of engies put up sentries and dispensers and lounge chairs in the hayloft of 2Fort, while the courtyard was completely unguarded. It´s at those times I wish the pyro was capable of friendly fire.

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
Cajt said:
Cheaters, hackers, glitchers and so on. Thor shall smite them with his lasers and pee on their ashes.
Thor´s still at the barbeque, may I help you?

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
Booted for no real reason. My previous gamertag got me kicked from countless games. I got booted from a game in Halo 3 because a got a triple kill with a grenade (territories) and a betrayal. The guy that kicked me was complaining for the whole match how no one was helping him capture a territory next to where the other team respawns rather than the ones we can actually get. I think he kicked 2 other before me because I saw betrayals pop up on the screens before people got kicked.

theironbat46

Aug 19, 2009
Dude, I was playing L4D2, just got into survival mode. I look around, press "play as Nick" I hear giggles, I get kicked.

apanton06

Dec 27, 2009
Stewie Plisken said:
Usually it's assholes you end up playing with. I don't mind vulgarity (I'm no saint either) and I'll even take racist/homophobic/sexist remarks with a grain of salt, but what pisses me off, what really irks me to no end is the fucking spamming. They talk all the time about insubstantial things and not only does it take up a good portion the screen (Metal Gear Online is particularly guilty of this), but there is also that nibbling little thought at the back of your head that you might miss a comment you actually want to read and you end up inadvertantly splitting your vision between the chat box and what actually goes on in the bloody game. And these idiots won't shut up at any point in the game. Surely if you're able to spray down half the enemy team with your MP5 and type five messages at the same time, you've had far too much time in your hands to develop this somewhat impressive, but entirely insubstantial skill!

Oh and AWPs. I hate AWPs.
Good point there when I take a break from PC gaming and go on xbox live and end up on a shooter lets say Modern Warfare 2, there is always some blatent 10 year old or lonely ****** with a headset in who thinks its funny to try to take the piss (and fail) because they spend hours on end and don't take their eyes off the screen whereas you have a lower level or less kills because you have a life
Can't they just leave everybody to play the game and take there fucking headsets out???

Martymer

Mar 17, 2009
I'm gonna go with... *drumroll*... the people. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that 90% of the people I've run into online (in a game or otherwise) are assholes with no respect for absolutely anyone. They're the kind of people who think: "No one here will ever find out who I am and where I live, so I won't get in trouble for being a dick. Since the only reason I ever try to act in a socially acceptable manner is out of fear of punishment, I'll be a dick, then."

Now, I understand if a kid thinks that way. But a lot of people I've met online, who clearly think like this, are adults. That's just scary. Regardless of whether they're kids or adults, they're making it impossible for me enjoy online gaming.