What Has Your Country Ever Done For Us?!

Hawkmoon269

Apr 14, 2011
Dakinks said:
Hawkmoon269 said:
The Beatles, and consequently, most of all modern music.
Noooo, Rock is an American thing before it's British. Sorry ;P
Oh sure, America had Elvis, who pretty much gave birth to rock n roll, but it was the Beatles who created the concept of a rock band, as well as the various different genre's that fall within the musical umbrella of "rock", such as pop, alternative and psychedelic.

Dakinks

Jul 27, 2011
Hawkmoon269 said:
Oh sure, America had Elvis, who pretty much gave birth to rock n roll, but it was the Beatles who created the concept of a rock band, as well as the various different genre's that fall within the musical umbrella of "rock", such as pop, alternative and psychedelic.
Yeah, but we're talking about invention, right? If Britain gets rock cause the brits had more influence on it as art form, then America gets movies :p sucks for Australia

Feb 16, 2010
India ousting the british inspired the American civil rights movement.

we also invented a shitload of stuff

the button (like on clothes)
Calico
Chess
single roller cotton gin
playing cards
The first iron-cased and metal-cylinder rockets
rulers
snakes and ladders (which was americanized as chutes and ladders)
the stirrup
Damascus Steel (which was ironically from india)
plumbing
Goddamn sugar
cotton
the number 0
pi
Black pepper
various spices
lemons
ropes
indigo dye
plastic and cataract surgery (though they used wood instead of plastic)
celestial globe (like of the sun, the moon, the planets)
first mining and use of zinc and diamonds
prefabricated (premade and moveable) homes
ammonium nitrate
carbon pigment ink
one half of the bose-einstein statistics (the bose part) and the boson
docks
and iron working
Buddhism
Hinduism
Jainism
Sikhism

we also gave you curry and spices and fueled the european discovery in the Americas.

So Your fucking welcome :D

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Witty Name Here said:
Well we helped make the movie business big, then there was the whole lightbulb thing... Also, we helped in our own way to bring an end to imperialism... Although our "Parent Country", Britain, would probably like to talk to us about that one.
We would like a word with you, America. Stop playing with Iraq, and come talk to us.

Warforger

Apr 24, 2010
ImmortalDrifter said:
PhreakyDee said:
And then Hiroshima and Nagasaki was blown to bits and pieces by the Americans with a weapon the Nazis found too evil to use.....

(This is very broad and loose as it's taken directly from memory but the point is still there >>)
Indeed, and if we and the Soviets had decided to invaded the Japanese mainland, and cause a conflict that could have very well led to the extermination of the Japanese people, that would have been the ethical option.
Wait what? Before anything it's against the Soviet ideology to wipe out ethnic groups. At best you'll find it with the Cossacks during the Civil War. But to begin with that's not a good idea for the Soviets, right off the bat the Americans and British would turn hostile, cutting them off from a great supply of resources as well as having to continue fighting the war. That and in Russia WWII is called "The Great Patriotic war", when they captured East Germany they didn't start up a genocide of the Germans did they? Sure they had an ethnic cleansing of Eastern European Germans, but that was more to get rid of nationalistic pride that would lead to more conflicts, THAT was in line with the Marxist ideology, you see the same with Josip Tito but he was unsuccessful in the long run so the Bosnian genocide happened. Surely if they would do that to the Jap's they would do that to the Germans? After all they DID capture Berlin, and the Eastern front took up much more resources then any other nation with the possible exception of China.

ImmortalDrifter said:
EDIT: Oh and according to the wiki article, the first nukes were developed by a co-op of U.S., British, and Canadian scientists. (Codenamed "big jims" totally serious)
Yah wasn't it like some bubble that rapidly expanded? It got to like 12 feet.

THE_NAMSU

Jan 1, 2011
Pakistan has brought you taxi drivers, doctors, some engineers, but most of all...
Fuck yeah! Cheap take aways!

Hawkmoon269

Apr 14, 2011
Dakinks said:
Hawkmoon269 said:
Yeah, but we're talking about invention, right? If Britain gets rock cause the brits had more influence on it as art form, then America gets movies :p sucks for Australia
Yeh, i guess thats what i was getting at! And yeh, you guys can have movies. After watching MovieBob's Hollywood Big Picture, Im perfectly happy to concede that!

In fairness, Australia did give us the Lord of the Rings movies. Oh, wait...

Hawkmoon269

Apr 14, 2011
THE_NAMSU said:
Pakistan has brought you taxi drivers, doctors, some engineers, but most of all...
Fuck yeah! Cheap take aways!
Aah, many a drunken night out would not have been so good were it not for cheap take away places such as this.

So thank you Pakistan, thank you :)

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
Hawkmoon269 said:
Dakinks said:
Hawkmoon269 said:
Yeh, i guess thats what i was getting at! And yeh, you guys can have movies. After watching MovieBob's Hollywood Big Picture, Im perfectly happy to concede that!

well they might as well be the same country. It's not like there is any difference or anything.

Britain gave the world football violence.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Well Australia didn't start any wars and kill everyone... Oh and we have Yahtzee I guess.

EDIT: Could be wrong but didn't we invent the plane?

Hawkmoon269

Apr 14, 2011
Amphoteric said:
Hawkmoon269 said:
Dakinks said:
Hawkmoon269 said:

well they might as well be the same country. It's not like there is any difference or anything.

Britain gave the world football violence.
I think any New Zealanders who see that post are going to be rather offended...

thebreadbinman

Jan 24, 2010
lol okay then
with bands like the beatles and rolling stones?
progressing to led zeppelin and the who to black sabbath and judas priest to diamond head and napalm death?
oh not wait, they're all english...

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Kinguendo said:
Arnoxthe1 said:
What has the USA given the world? A taste of true freedom.
Ah freedom, free to... not make a decision on your national debt that will cause you to default and become the financial equivalent of a drug addict. No America, we will not give you another fix. You hurt Chinas feelings and vomited on Europes shoes!

Quite frankly, we find your right-wing rhetoric to be distasteful and we can all plainly see that its the reason you are going down the tubes... enjoy your "freedom" which you claimed to have the entire time it was being taken away from you, "god" forbid you stop saying "USA #1" long enough to realise you are being brainwashed into thinking what you have is the best and you couldnt possibly be better or that the rest of the civilized world passed you by years ago.
Bad troll is bad.

Feb 16, 2010
Arnoxthe1 said:
Kinguendo said:
Arnoxthe1 said:
What has the USA given the world? A taste of true freedom.
Ah freedom, free to... not make a decision on your national debt that will cause you to default and become the financial equivalent of a drug addict. No America, we will not give you another fix. You hurt Chinas feelings and vomited on Europes shoes!

Quite frankly, we find your right-wing rhetoric to be distasteful and we can all plainly see that its the reason you are going down the tubes... enjoy your "freedom" which you claimed to have the entire time it was being taken away from you, "god" forbid you stop saying "USA #1" long enough to realise you are being brainwashed into thinking what you have is the best and you couldnt possibly be better or that the rest of the civilized world passed you by years ago.
Bad troll is bad.
he is not trolling, he is telling the truth. so good for you kinguendo! spread sanity!

Feb 16, 2010
Vishnu Namboodiripad said:
India ousting the british inspired the American civil rights movement.

we also invented a shitload of stuff

the button (like on clothes)
Calico
Chess
single roller cotton gin
playing cards
The first iron-cased and metal-cylinder rockets
rulers
snakes and ladders (which was americanized as chutes and ladders)
the stirrup
Damascus Steel (which was ironically from india)
plumbing
Goddamn sugar
cotton
the number 0
pi
Black pepper
various spices
lemons
ropes
indigo dye
plastic and cataract surgery (though they used wood instead of plastic)
celestial globe (like of the sun, the moon, the planets)
first mining and use of zinc and diamonds
prefabricated (premade and moveable) homes
ammonium nitrate
carbon pigment ink
one half of the bose-einstein statistics (the bose part) and the boson
docks
and iron working
Buddhism
Hinduism
Jainism
Sikhism

we also gave you curry and spices and fueled the european discovery in the Americas.

So Your fucking welcome :D
seriously, no ones seeing this? i mean, a lot of the things your countries gave the world was built off of the things by India. WE GAVE YOU SUGAR.

miketehmage

Jul 22, 2009
The telephone (which allowed the americans to make the internet), the television, penicillin, the steam engine, radar, insulin, and tarmac, to name a few, Scotland here.

Maleval

Feb 2, 2011
Well, back when we were part of the Soviet Union, we built the first computer on mainland Europe, or so my professors would have me believe. We also invented cossacs, chicken kiev (supposedly) and Milla Jovovich.
Oh, also the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series.
(btw, it's Ukraine)

EDIT: Also we make Zenit carrier rockets

EDIT2: the An-225 [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonov_An-225]

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
Warforger said:
Firstly, that entire statement of mine was sarcasm. Second, I wasn't saying they would commit racial genocide. The battle of Okinawa showed that the Japanese (at that time) would often coerce people into committing suicide or outright kill them before the Americans would get to them. I wasn't accusing the Soviets of anything, they agreed to help America fight Japan in return for American support in Europe. A ground battle in Japan would have been long bloody war in its own right, that's all I'm saying.