What Has Your Week Consisted Of? A helpful Distraction.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Mostly work...lemme see if I can compartmentalize this...today is Wednesday the 10th so from the 10th to the 3rd...

From the 3rd to the 5th I worked. I work in the back room of a Target and it takes me about 25-30 minutes to get there so I leave an hour before my shift just in case I hit traffic. When I inevitably get to work early, I spend my extra time in the break-room, playing on my 3DS. This past week, I've played Summer Arcade 92' Rekka and, The Mysterious Murasame Castle from the eShop. I tried to start a new Link Between Worlds campaign after beating NSMB2 again but hey...bullet Hell is calling to me. Anyway, work...ya know what, lets say that Work takes up a huge chunk of my day on the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 8th, 9th and, 10th. So with that out of the way, there was gaming. This weekend, I played through Hatsune Miku's Project Diva F on the PS3. I beat the game on normal, unlocking a bunch of trophies on the way. I still have to play through again on Hard and probably on Easy for even more trophies. I had to watch my nephew a bit on Sunday too which I would have rather not done.

In between my work hours this week, I didn't do much of anything exciting. A local book store had a sale on graphic novels so I got Kick-Ass volume 1 and, Marvel Universe vs The Avengers (which reads like 28 Days Later and focuses on Hawkeye). I finished the one but haven't started on Kick-Ass yet.

Last night I stayed up a bit late and caught up with a couple of my friends from back home. It was a really good time and help alleviate some stress and tension that I didn't realize had been building up within me. I miss my friends...otherwise that's about it. Work, food, sleep...gaming.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
Work, work, and more work. I'm over 60 hours again this week. I got called in on what was supposed to be my one day off. Late summer/fall is the busy season so not only do I work more, I'm running my fucking ass off the whole time. By the time I get home I don't even have the energy to play games. I browse the forum here while listening to music until I get sleepy. It's a good thing I don't try to have a life because there's no way I ever could.

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
I'm just going to focus on the positives, since I really don't feel like discussing anything else:

- I've played Killing Floor and Majora's Mask again lately, along with the usual Hearthstone.

- I've reinstalled Fallout: New Vegas, and am preparing to begin work again on an old, yet extensive mod that I was working on a couple years back iirc. I'm most likely going to have to start the whole thing from scratch, but I did get permission from Josh Sawyer (a dev of the game who made his own mod after development ended) to mimic parts of his mod for compatibility purposes. Definitely makes things more encouraging, especially for it being my first mod. Even without that though, New Vegas is a fantastic game and I look forwards to playing it again.

- Been listening to a lot of music on Youtube lately, especially those from Metal Gear Rising. I want that game so fucking badly...

That's about it for me lately, at least in terms of the positives. Yeah, I haven't been in the best state of mind lately. Here's to hoping I can snap myself out of it sometime soon. Now back to browsing the Interwebz with Sweet Child of Mine playing in the background. XD

EDIT: Also have been watching Gurren Lagann off and on again lately. Really good show actually, and - along with Attack on Titan - pretty much brought me back into anime less than a year ago. Too bad Kill la Kill isn't anywhere near as good. >:p

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
I've been pretty busy this past week and past couple of weeks suprisingly. (Being unemployed, my weeks normally go by quick and all I do is job search and play games.

This week I've been packing as me and my boyfriend are moving into our own flat. I've been calling estate agent, calling up about referencing, calling up all sorts of places about jobs, about benefits that will give a boost until I do have a job. Been helping my boyfriend's dad pack up and been sorting through a load of his stuff since he is moving too.

I got a job interview (WOO FINALLY!) that's set for the 23rd though. I'm really excited about that. I'm sure I can get it! I finished work experience at a hospital in town. More and more packing happened. Then a movie night at my boyfriend's sisters house and that was a lot of fun.

Had food poisoning the other day, that was horridly nasty. Then my boyfriend had a friend over last night so we stayed up all night watching films and playing PS3 and random youtube videos and we had a takeaway and that was delicious. Had breakfast out with boyfriend's sister and that was nice.

Today... going out today and completing forms for moving. Should be a decent day I hope!

Forrestfield

Sep 10, 2014
The corporation I rent my apartment from is doing maintenance and is planning to redo my toilet, bathroom and kitchen. At the same time. So, if I'm not at work I'm either picking out tiles, etcetera or packing up personal artifacts so that the before mentioned parts of my apartment are empty. Just when I was done moving in. Wish they considered this all a few months earlier.

The little bit of spare time left is devoted to Destiny and selling my console game collection. The last is turn out to be way too much of a hassle, but as it is, I've got way too little time to play on every platform, so selling it while its worth a reasonable penny seems like the best option. As for Destiny, only a few hours in and I still feel semi clueless on how a lot of it works. Did roll the wrong class though. Should've gone with Hunter, rather than Titan. Invisibility cloaks and swords. Yes, please.

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
I had a kendo session where I busted my left sole on. Is to be expected this early into practice.
Watched the new season of Sword Art Online from 1 to 10 while having pizza. This is a very fun thing.
I also went back and forth trying to create good routines for studying and not being overwhelmed by assignments and deadlines.

My past 7 days were pretty good! I'm at a point in life where I wanted to be since a very long time ago.

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
Partied on the weekend, rested on the Monday, cleaned my apartment on the Tuesday, spent the rest of the week worrying I've given myself brain damage* and working.

* - I didn't, I just got out of a chair too quickly.

The day after tomorrow I am going to learn about washing machines. It is like being in Van Halen.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Im on leave so my week consists of getting drunk. Sleeping. Being hungover then working up the courage to get some food

Then loop until no longer on leave