What have you learned today?

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011

You've heard of Beyond Meat, now hold on to your bums and prepare your headholes for Beyond Fish.

In fairness I actually welcome this revelation more than beef alternatives. If it can be safer to keep longer than Fish Classic then it could be a huge help in reducing poaching, off season netting and overfishing. My main complaint about Beyond Meat: Impossible was that it wasn't any healthier than the real thing and didn't do a lot to help the issue of mass ranching. If this New Fish (tm) can set up as a viable alternative even if only in fish sticks, frozen meals, and back alley sushi then it'll still make a real difference in helping fish populations.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
That being nice, helpful and selfless can really REALLY surprisingly violently bite you in the ass later down the road.

I believed it was merely a myth invented by assholes to rationalise assholery.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
That being nice, helpful and selfless can really REALLY surprisingly violently bite you in the ass later down the road.

I believed it was merely a myth invented by assholes to rationalise assholery.
It's an unfortunate reality that despite the virtues of kindness and selflessness, we are but intelligent animals with "self" at the center of everything. Take our core instincts and remove the human capability to empathize, sympathize and rationalize that we don't need it all for ourselves, and you've got the animal kingdom with money and power being deciding factors in how our lives play out. Long story short, we're no better than the animals we've domesticated, trained, caged, eaten, and observed. Selfishness drives 99% of what we do, and that often means stepping on or over those who value/display humanity over instinct. Welcome to right now and always.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016

You've heard of Beyond Meat, now hold on to your bums and prepare your headholes for Beyond Fish.

In fairness I actually welcome this revelation more than beef alternatives. If it can be safer to keep longer than Fish Classic then it could be a huge help in reducing poaching, off season netting and overfishing. My main complaint about Beyond Meat: Impossible was that it wasn't any healthier than the real thing and didn't do a lot to help the issue of mass ranching. If this New Fish (tm) can set up as a viable alternative even if only in fish sticks, frozen meals, and back alley sushi then it'll still make a real difference in helping fish populations.
I've (accidentally) had vegetarian 'fish' goujons (I thought they were 'chicken') and they're gross. But I would never have eaten real fish goujons either as tuna is the only fish I'd say I enjoy.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Mounth Everest is named after Sir George Everest, who not only did not "discover" the mountain, he never even saw it in his lifetime, and never wanted it to be named after him in the first place.
The guy who wrote the book Metro 2033 is wanted by the Russian Government for "Discrediting the Armed Forces" and condemning the Ukraine war.
I'd ask why, but then I remember I read the book and I'm all "oh right, that's why"

Reactions: Dalisclock

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Halloumi, when opened and left in the fridge for a couple of days starts to smell like ass. Literally ass. Grilling it just makes your kitchen smell like ass for the next few hours. Tastes ok though.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Well 'Mount Frozen Wankerpile' didn't have a good mouthfeel.
Also not very fair towards the sherpas trying to make a living getting the wankers up and down, and who make up the majority of the frozen corpses littering its flanks.