What have you made lately?

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
And if you're not shy about walking up to random people at loading docks, many can be had for the lost cost of making their disposal your problem.
Had a friend that lived in a caravan in a farmer's field, he built an "extension" that was about twice the size of the caravan out of those things. He called it Buckingham Pallets.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I sketched my girlfriend's fanfiction OTP in the style of that picture of Tom Holland getting assfucked in that new show.
I don't art so good on a tablet but this is the closest thing to pencil and paper quality I've been able to do.
tdbk.jpg

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I bought some art that was very large and couldn't find a frame for it at a reasonable price, so I decided to 3D print some brackets to attach it to my wall instead. The brackets are a pretty simple construction, the bottom one which is longer and holds all the weight has a single screw hole and attaches to a drywall anchor with a screw. The top one is shorter and just gets slapped onto the wall with 3M tape. There's basically no weight on it as i just keeps the painting from falling forward.

Because the brackets are so small, and because I color matched them to the painting pretty well it creates a cool floating painting effect that I think I actually like a lot better than having a frame.

So instead of buying a $150 custom frame I spent $0.20 in plastic and another $0.30 on a screw, drywall anchor, and washer. 3D printing is so cool.

My dad likes to make fun of me (and millennials in general) because I don't make anything with my hands (not that he ever taught me since he doesn't know how to make anything with his hands either, his DIY skills are somehow even worse than mine), but I just have a robot to do it for me.

Reactions: bunniesandrainbows

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Paint one up and post it! Physical challenge!
Well, it's taken me about a year to get round to it, they're not quite finished yet.

One thing I will say is, good lord my eyesight has got so much worse in the last ten years, this was really a strain, I can't see the miniatures well enough to paint them like I used to.

Also, why is it my 30+ year old paints still work ok but the ones from 10-15 years ago are fucking dry?
IMG_20240120_220000328.jpg

Reactions: SilentPony