What have you purchased recently?

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Not really my purchase. Daughter got this today and her brother and I helped set it up. I get to use it as long as she lives with me as she saves to buy a home in this crazy economy. I'm old so it is hard to lift half this stuff, but I'll do what I can.

1712366283690.png

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
PXL_20240406_031630423.jpg

Im a little mad at myself this was not an end of the world need, but oddly work related so I may end up doing some tax deduction this year

I brought down and bought an i7 14700 and board. Im actually only maybe 3 years behind but Im running into some issues, not with gaming but desktop.

For work I run

* multiple chrome browses with 5+ tabs, also Firefox
* slack, teams, outlook
* pulse, global protect
* postman, putty, securecrt
* Microsoft office excel, PowerPoint
* bunch of other rando applications
* triple monitors

I reeeally wanted to go amd but the problem is amd only makes good gaming cpus or good productivity cpus. So I finally broke down and went to intel because while pricing isn't competitive their procs do both balanced. Idk building the new pc tomorrow.

As for the mouse its to replace my aging rival 650 whos battery dies like every other day.

( yes thats a vewlix L running Project Justice, yes I am show boating.)

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
The remaining components needed to build a PC after a friend said he could gift me a case and RTX 2060 for free. I can't believe I'm back to doing this after swearing off Windows and building rigs, but I'm missing out on titles I want to play and games to play with friends, and the PS5 doesn't justify itself even slightly compared to a PC.
In the end I spent maybe the cost of a PS5 itself getting all of this together, so it balances out the same way. But oh, to be back into this world again... God help me.
But hey, I got it to post without any problems on my first try, which was a surprise

Last edited:
Reactions: Piscian and gorfias

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
A circular saw, electric planer, battery and charger plus a couple of 6x2 MDF. Going to be building some shelves into odd corners in my kitchen and making sure my doors finally shut properly.

Reactions: gorfias