What historical event would you like to relive?

A_Parked_Car

Oct 30, 2009
Hmmm. I'm at a bit of a quandary with this question. I study military history, so there are lots of things I find absolutely fascinating, particularly in regards to the Pacific War. However, I'm not crazy enough to want to go back in time to the late 1930s through to 1945 as a male of conscription age. XD

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
Marching with Marshal Stalin's druzhina to the lair of the fascist beast and raising the red banner over Berlin would be soul-nourishing like nothing else. I don't think I would ever measure up to the heroes of the great patriotic war though. I am a softie who likes his CK2 DLC and doughnuts.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
I think I'd want to follow Jesus the historical figure around for a while to document it all. It's the ex-Catholic in me I'm afraid. I'd also like to go back to the building of the pyramids and the Sphinx, to see exactly how they did it.

Not exactly events as much as long periods of time but still.

higgs20

Feb 16, 2010
Almost none of them, by all accounts history was a horrible, horrible place, just in general.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Woodstock, 1969

Hell yeah! Peace, love, and rock and roll! I wanna be front and center to watch Michael Shrieve from Santana play that insane drum solo in" Soul Sacrifice." Or to witness Richie Havens sing "Freedom" with all of his power and soul. Or to watch Joe Cocker cry out "With A Little Help From My Friends" to the audience. Or to observe that absurd energy and guitar work in Ten Years After's "I'm Going Home."

Last but not least, ending it all with Jimi Hendrix's classic rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner." Just think. To be a part of such an important cultural event... Amazing.

Yes, I do think my music taste is better than yours.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Some point when it was actually affordable to engage in world travel maybe? I dunno... got my University Degree in History... I love to study it... wouldn't want to live too far outside the now as modern medicine, plumbing and general public safety can't be beat by the past.

Vandenberg1

May 26, 2011
Shoot Jesus. I'd like to see what the Western world would of looked like under the Germanic Gods. Woden and the Aesir were being spread around as the Germanic tribes took over previously Roman Europe during the migration period.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Vandenberg1 said:
Shoot Jesus. I'd like to see what the Western world would of looked like under the Germanic Gods. Woden and the Aesir were being spread around as the Germanic tribes took over previously Roman Europe during the migration period.
More options than just that... what if the cult of Mithras took off instead of Christianity? There is some evidence to suggest that elements of Christianity were... softened or reinterpreted to appeal to the followers of Mithras.

Or perhaps Constantine would have just found another god to worship and that would have become the key religion of the Roman Empire. Hell it might have been Zoroastrianism from Persia or something equally weird.

keniakittykat

Aug 9, 2012
Eleuthera said:
A single event? I guess one of the great triumphs of Rome, preferably one by Ceasar, Augustus or TiberiusTraianus.
That's funny, I was gonna say I wanted to see a Gaul victory, since that's what I'm descended from. I would love to see my ancestors kick ass. And the greatest gaul, Ambiorix, is the biggest bad-ass in European history and kicked Caesar's pasty ass.