What I find wrong with Jim Sterling

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
I am really just busting at the seems with the opposite opinion than everyone today, aren't I?

I have not found him annoying at all. Granted, I haven't watched more than 4 or 5, but I have yet to see one where he legitimately deserves this outrage that I've been seeing.

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
The Hostility is part of the satire. He's acting like he has an incredibly high-opinion of himself for laughs. He's doing a parody. You might not like the fake hostility, but be aware that it IS fake, and done for laughs.

I like Sterling's show somewhat. He usually has something interesting to say. What I wish is that he'd buy a better camera.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I don't really like the show. I have nothing against the persona or the narcissism, It's just that in general, I don't like the subjects of the show. He's just repeating things we all were saying long before and he doesn't add anything of value or insight, It's like someone on IGN got up on a soapbox and wanted everyone to pay attention.
And people, please keep this civilised or I'll be forced to lock this thread.

minkr1

May 18, 2011
i feel as if the time for this debate has past.

my problem is summed up on his video for duke nukem where he said the problem with duke is that were supposed to find him cool rather than cool in an ironic way both of which the game fails to do. i left a comment saying something along the lines of 'were supposed to find Jim's whole v for vendeta dictator thing funny when it is neither funny nor ironic'.

BUT NOW i am drawn to an article from this site by JP Sherman (first person marketer) on the marketing of duke nukem, where he says the debate over the game as strengthening its core fans who where the only ones who where ever going to pay for it anyway. relating it back to jim, the longer we ask, cry, jabber on about how bad jim is or why we wish he would stop, the stronger his defence will become. if we leave him be either he will go away or we will stop caring and leave him to his fans.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
poundingmetal74 said:
Love Jim's show. Entertaining, makes pretty decent arguments. If I want a purely intellectual show on gaming, I'll watch extra credits. If I want an egomaniac reviewer and commentator to put forth his opinion, I'll watch Jim.
People always assume Jim is a reviewer, but he isn't. From a linear, nonsubjective viewpoint, he's more a ball, a ball of wibbly-wobbly, Jimey-whiney... stuff.