What I would do if I were a video game developer

Dr.Sean

Apr 5, 2009
I would make games that are controversial, IE, games where you aren't a space marine mowing down legions of aliens or zombies, or an Allied one-man army mowing down an army of Nazis/Japs without remorse. I would make a game wherein the main character is a Jew that must stealth his way out of a concentration camp in Nazi Germany. He wouldn't know that much about how to fire guns, so the kick-back from the guns would be a major pain in the ass if he decides to pick up the guns. He would have to bandage his wounds in a similar fashion to the main character from Farcry2. Everyone would speak German and would have subtitles complacent with the language of the country that the person bought the game in. It would be one of the few first-person shooters where you can see your body when you look down.

Milkatron

Jul 18, 2008
You want controversy, make Auschwitz: the game. A Sim-city...ish game from the Nazi perspective. That would turn a few heads.

Subzerowings

May 1, 2009
If I would make a game, it would be about normal people, being captured and set free on an island. The only way to get off the island is to kill all the other people. That would be an awesome multi-player game.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
i would let the general public decide what the games story, gameplay, backstory, setting etc. be like and then sell it to them.

EDIT: also i would create the FPS that everyone (i tihnk) wants.. playing as a member of the Axis forces in WW2.

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
I would be like the path and confuse people with metaphores.

Plus people would love me!

theonecookie

Apr 14, 2009
Subzerowings said:
If I would make a game, it would be about normal people, being captured and set free on an island. The only way to get off the island is to kill all the other people. That would be an awesome multi-player game.
i think i herd of an anime like that

RedDiablo

Nov 8, 2008
A true life simulator, which has a full world for you to explore. You can go anywhere, you can go to Africa, Asia, Europe, etc. You can choose from thousands of jobs, from cook, garbage man, astronaut, professor, etc. You can choose to have children or not, you can choose to be a soldier or a terrorist. I want it to be a real life simulator, and give you true freedom.

zahr

Mar 26, 2009
Two kinds of games:

One, an advanced alien fighting against human aggressors. Gameplay would probably be in the vein of Halo but with a bit more support for cover (like Gears of War).

Two, a game that's basically Thief 2 with improved graphics, a remake of the original levels, and a new campaign.

Milkatron said:
You want controversy, make Auschwitz: the game. A Sim-city...ish game from the Nazi perspective. That would turn a few heads.
I'd play that.

ArcWinter

May 9, 2009
I would probably donate all my budget to Bethesda to get TES 5 coming along faster.

Or make a game that resembles pure insanity.

jonnopon3000

Feb 25, 2009
I would pick this up for a play...but for some ratings companies and publishers and consumers it would simply be too controversial. you probably couldn't get it onto the market, unfortunately

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
i would remake Heroes of Might and Magic 3 with more campaigns, better graphics (but the 2d should stay!), etc etc.

secondly, a full game about Nazi Zombies.

Subzerowings

May 1, 2009
theonecookie said:
Subzerowings said:
Do you mean this one: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/manga.php?id=68 ?
That's basically where I stole my idea from.

theonecookie

Apr 14, 2009
Subzerowings said:
theonecookie said:
Subzerowings said:
Do you mean this one: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/manga.php?id=68 ?
yes that would be it

Iampringles

Dec 13, 2008
theonecookie said:
Subzerowings said:
There is a Japanese film called Battle Royale that is very similar to what you are saying.

Subzerowings

May 1, 2009
Iampringles said:
theonecookie said:
Subzerowings said:
There is a Japanese film called Battle Royale that is very similar to what you are saying.
Actually there are three Battle Royals.