What if 9/11 happened in another country?

Crazy_Dude

Nov 3, 2010
It wouldnt be an overblown drama every year.

Yes it was a very tragic event. But people should move on instead of constantly reminding us how awful it was.

SQN Leader 095

May 8, 2011
im of the opinion that if 9/11 happened anywhere else on the same date it would be reffered to as 11/9 and america would do sweet F@#$% all but maybe send some food or something.

YesIPlayTheBagpipes

Oct 27, 2009
not strictly true. britain and france got involved cause germany attacked belguim and we had signed a little piece of paper saying we would defend belgium, Austria got angry at Serbia cause that's where the black hand trained... basically Europe was a continent of empires, and the world was just too small. add to that the burgeoning movement towards nationhood felt by many different parts of these empires, and *BOOM*.

lemby117

Apr 16, 2009
The-Epicly-Named-Man said:
El Poncho said:
El Poncho said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_London#Irish_republican_attacks_during_.22the_Troubles.22

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Manchester_bombing

Just some examples...
Fair enough, I knew there were some but not that many. I still find it hard to sympathise when I actually come from an area that had a high rate of bombings, though.
The point is though that America didn't care for Britain, they were all for the IRA. No sympathy is expected.
Yeah, I think that's bullocks. The ignorant may have sympathised with them, but I find hard to believe more than a few Americans thought that the IRA, a group that killed as many Catholics from the Republic as it did Anglicans form the North, were a noble group of freedom fighters.
There were some americans who helped arm the IRA.

OT. yeah I

Dec 27, 2010
lemby117 said:
El Poncho said:
Fair enough, I knew there were some but not that many. I still find it hard to sympathise when I actually come from an area that had a high rate of bombings, though.
The point is though that America didn't care for Britain, they were all for the IRA. No sympathy is expected.
Yeah, I think that's bullocks. The ignorant may have sympathised with them, but I find hard to believe more than a few Americans thought that the IRA, a group that killed as many Catholics from the Republic as it did Anglicans form the North, were a noble group of freedom fighters.
There were some americans who helped arm the IRA.
So did Ghadaffi, however I doubt he personally supported them.