What if Anime Humans were a real Species?

Ih8pkmn

Apr 20, 2010
If anime people were real, then octopi would become a new favorite pet, for obvious reasons.

Also, the second amendment would have to be expanded to allow them to carry around huge-ass swords and guns in public areas, just in case Cthulhu or Heartless or whatever came out of nowhere and attacked them.

JRPG sales would plummet, as you could just see the real thing.

GiantSpiderGoat

Nov 19, 2009
My hair already sticks up naturally, It also sometimes forms into a horn like mannor which has creeped people out. So I may be safe from all this. There is a certain ladyman though that I would beat the hell out of. I'm looking at you Griffith.

Mutant_Fox

Jul 17, 2010
zombiejoe said:
Hannan4mitch said:
zombiejoe said:
HUMAN ANIME WAR!

I like this idea
But what would we fight them with? They have all sorts of weapons that would make the most stoic soldier flee in complete terror!
Oh you silly little boy, don't you see, we simply fight with every weapon we got, planes, tanks, and everything else we have. But you say "What, they can still destroy us." You would be wrong. All of are tec should be able to kill the "Fantisy people" as they only have magic and swords. And the giant robots? EMPs duhh. And we can animate a even stronger weapon for are side. We made them, and we can destroy them.
Correct me if I'm wrong sir, but don't EMPs work both ways? I'm reasonably certain that we'd have units in the field as well, like helicopters and maybe even fighter jets.
And even without any such vehicles, if any at all, won't communication between soldiers go down as well?
I'm probably just nitpicking, we'd totally get our asses handed to us either way *coughNaruto*

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
Mutant_Fox said:
zombiejoe said:
Hannan4mitch said:
zombiejoe said:
HUMAN ANIME WAR!

I like this idea
But what would we fight them with? They have all sorts of weapons that would make the most stoic soldier flee in complete terror!
Oh you silly little boy, don't you see, we simply fight with every weapon we got, planes, tanks, and everything else we have. But you say "What, they can still destroy us." You would be wrong. All of are tec should be able to kill the "Fantisy people" as they only have magic and swords. And the giant robots? EMPs duhh. And we can animate a even stronger weapon for are side. We made them, and we can destroy them.
Correct me if I'm wrong sir, but don't EMPs work both ways? I'm reasonably certain that we'd have units in the field as well, like helicopters and maybe even fighter jets.
And even without any such vehicles, if any at all, won't communication between soldiers go down as well?
I'm probably just nitpicking, we'd totally get our asses handed to us either way *coughNaruto*
Well, if that dosen't work, we use our secret weapon...BAD FAN FICTION...yea, humanity wins again.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
That would be awesome and horrible at the same time. Politicians would talk about removing them, then people would call it racism. Eventually, saying the word anime would be like saying the "n" word for black people.

Raikov

Mar 1, 2010
zombiejoe said:
Choppaduel said:
2D beings couldn't survive in the third dimension, no more than we could survive in th 5th dimension.
There is a 5th dimension?
There is supposed to be 11 dimensions, and it hurts my head just thinking about it.

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:
...Dude...Roger rabbit esque world?

Fucking A.

And to kill a anime chracter...Paint thinner!
Like Roger Rabbit, I was just thinking that. Man oh man would that be fun!

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Normally I'd go on a rant about anime stereotypes and our communities problem with them, but I'll play along.

UberNoodle said:
What if Western comic and animation characters were a real species?
I actually kinda-sorta have an elaborate universe where those, anime, and video game characters exist alongside us. It's kinda like some weird yet awesome mixture of Kingdom Hearts, several shonen series, 80's cartoons, and at times Family Guy (there would be a lot of comedic hi-jinx with super-powered characters co-existing alongside normal people).

On topic, as with a lot of things, conventional military forces would fall before the might of the main characters. Also, much more interesting career options would open up, and supermodels from both genders would be out of jobs.
ddon said:
We would have to be very careful with Haruhi Suzumiya around.
Yes, yes we would.

Edit: Since what they'd look like is a legitimate issue, I just imagine them looking like they already do but within our universe, i.e Roger Rabbit. It would work...somehow.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Be insanely happy, find a nice catgirl as a wife and have tons of kids...

Axzarious

Feb 18, 2010
It would be interesting. Im picturing it like rodger rabbit. Then again, there are alotta art styles for anime, so, there would also be a wide selection of said 'people'. Some artists actually draw them more realistically than others, so not all would have those freakishly large eyes.

Then again, if one is thinking something more realistic in terms of if they looked like people, take a look at some of square enix's CGI scenes, like Advent children. They would probably end up looking similar to that.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
NAAAP: National Association for the Advancement of Anime People. Though to be honest, I think I would date a number of Anime Chicks.

Apr 29, 2010
Mr.Mattress said:
NAAAP: National Association for the Advancement of Anime People. Though to be honest, I think I would date a number of Anime Chicks.
I think I would too. The dating of the Anime Chicks, that is. But, I think if this were to happen, I would think someone drugged me with some LSD or something.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Axzarious said:
It would be interesting. Im picturing it like rodger rabbit. Then again, there are alotta art styles for anime, so, there would also be a wide selection of said 'people'. Some artists actually draw them more realistically than others, so not all would have those freakishly large eyes.
Actually, when you look at a lot of western cartoon characters, anime eyes aren't all that huge outside of shojo or some cutsier works (i.e Nanoha, Negima). Part of this could be attributed to our use of cartoon animals, but just look at The Simpsons. Anime characters are normal compared to those abominations (disclaimer: I actually like The Simpsons, but my point still stands).

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
They would basically rule the world, for one very simple reason. About half of them would be basically immune to our weaponry. Yeah, they have to explain everything they do, giving you ample time to line up a shot, but for many of them, it'll be like shooting Superman. Useless.