What if Skyrim is awful?

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
retyopy said:
Seriously, what if? What if it sucks? What if it's all been hype? WHAT WILL WE DO?
The way life has been kicking my ass lately, I may lose cellular cohesion and simply become a pasty stain on the floor

Bordersane

Aug 25, 2011
My Life would go to hell if Skyrim sucks.
I'll go into a depression over the fact that it sucks, and therefore become a social recluse. My parents will worry about me and suggest a shrink, I'll refuse to go because I'd feel stupid talking to my shrink over why I hated the finer mechanics of this fantasy universe, and she'll put me on heavy medication.
The medication would render me into a psychotic mad man and I'd have to be sent to a mental asylum. My little chameleon, Mephisto, would die because I wouldn't be around to feed him crickets, and his dead carcass would attract maggots and flies into the abandoned house...thus creating a toxic disease-infested house that would spread infestations to nearby animals that would eventually infect humans and some sort of a zombie apocalypse would begin.

Lets hope, for humanity's sake, that Skyrim doesn't suck!

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
There's still Assassin's Creed, Batman, Diablo 3 within months after Skyrim, or just not buy it.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
The world as we know it will collapse.

Come on, seriously, what do you expect? People will complain, time will pass, and in a few months, it'll all be forgotten. Business as usual on the Internets.

WonderWillard

Feb 4, 2010
I'll be like FUCK ME. Probably try and sell my dragon statue, weep uncontrollably. Then just play the Halo remake and the new Asssassin's Creed. And hope that the latest omgwtfbbq story developments in Revelations makes me forget about Skyrim.

But, Skyrim will be glorious. I have faith.

socialmenace42

May 8, 2010
well if skyrim sucks...

... i'm a' RAGE!

but apprt from that, there are enough at least above par titles coming out this coming month to keep ,e occupied. it won't bothr me all that much.

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
Than I want you to know that i fucking called it. Now, I seriously doubt game will be bad. I'm just worried it will be poorly optimized and loaded with bugs. Combine that with one or two (what I would call) stupid design decisions that are bound to happen in large scale game like this one and I'll consider it disappointment. And I know modders will fix any potential shortcomings, but fuck that, I'm expecting (paying) Bethesda to deliver a finished game not them. You can't rely on other people to do your work for you. But at least I'm not bitter or anything :p

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Then golly gee willickers, that sure is unfortunate (and highly doubtful) and I will exchange it for Saints Row.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I probably would laugh. I'm not getting it, so seeing everyone's expectations in it be destroyed just sounds so cruelly hilarious.

Mar 30, 2010
Ralphfromdk said:
Play MW3 and BF3 even more, with all the time I don't have to put into Skyrim.
Pretty much this. I have MW3, BF3 and Skyrim all landing on my doormat within the space of a few weeks, and if one of them sucks I'll just play the other two.

Even if Skyrim sucks I don't foresee any major problems for the franchise. Compared to previous Elder Scrolls titles Oblivion sucked, but that didn't stop it gaining a massive fanbase who were drawn to the vast, tepid puddle of generic that was Cyrodiil.

Denariax

Nov 3, 2010
I'm pretty sure the only game looking forward to for the rest of this year is Saints Row 3.

What? Call of Duty? Sorry, I don't like hiding behind walls. I like sandboxes that allow just utter nonsense. Dead Rising 2 Off the Record was a good start.

Skyrim isn't so much of a sandbox as DR2 Off the Record. Fallout and Oblivion just had 'stuff'. The Fable 3 explanation; 'stuff'. Stuff that makes sense, yes, but I buy games to have fun, not simulate what I can do in real life anyways. This is kind of why I'm against sports games but now we're going too far.

If games focus on story, thats great. Focus too much on the story and no one will play it because its too much story and no gameplay. Extending gameplay over story is good, too, but I'm no doubting that the best game of all time can balance both story and gameplay into a masterpiece.

inFamous 2 was close to that, but buggy. Alice Madness Returns had the best story this year for me, but sadly had bad gameplay. Skyrim will be all about story with not much gameplay.

I'm actually fairly certain that, without created mods, Skyrim will just be another game to set to the side while I wait for Saints 3.

>Rant end

Continuity

May 20, 2010
If any of you are dumb enough to play it in the first few months before the major bugs have been patched out then you deserve everything you get. After all, its not like it will be a surprise, Bethesda have over a decade of form.

I imagine I'll be picking it up next summer.

captainwolfos

Feb 14, 2009
Then I will mod the shit out of it to make it better. Simple.

Hell, I'm probably going to do that, anyway. Good thing BethSoft make their games easily moddable. (And if that's not a word, it is now)

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
If it really it awful, then I guess I could go play Battlefield 3, MW3, Gears of War 3, or Saints Row 3. My reaction would originally be something along the lines of: