What if X was made by Y?

JJDWilson

Feb 25, 2008
Namely what would happen if a company bought someone elses IP?

Par éxample: Mario being made by epic games. Imagine what Yoshi would look like!
He'd have some attitude... and teeth!

Or maybe the Duke Nukem series being produced by Lionhead. Here we've got Mr. Balls of steel with a scouse accent.

defcon 1

Jan 3, 2008
I'm a bit confused. Does IP mean something other than Internet Protocol?

Sometimes it's good and sometimes bad. Yahtzee said Guitar Hero III is made by a new company and it gives him a feeling of unease. On the other hand, I'm sure Yoshi would look awesome if he had the Epic Game's touch. I guess it depends

Another

Mar 19, 2008
I would like to see a Final Fantasy produced by Atlus. Hand-drawn characters and Atlus' repuation for trying new battle systems and stories just to mix things up a little.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
The obvious wonder:

Halo made by Nintendo, just to get it out of the way.

Master Cheif would be shorter, stubby, and all around cute-r-er. His guns would make squeaky noises too!

REDPill357

Jan 5, 2008
Jumplion said:
Master Cheif would be shorter, stubby, and all around cute-r-er. His guns would make squeaky noises too!
But he'd have big feet so he could squash his opponents. Then they'd have "Super Warthog Kart," and "Covenant Tennis," "Cortana Golf," et cetera.

Mar 25, 2008
if epic made a yoshi game then yoshi would be 12 feet tall and have shoulders as wide as a house...

i sorta wish that square-enix made pokemon for the DS......

the way they handled Dragon quest joker was nice with the polygons....... but nooo

haxer

Mar 25, 2008
how about Crysis made by Valve... that would be sweet. Think of it, amazing graphics... that actually don't crash your computer on low, because the engine wouldn't blow... proper handling vehicles, and intuitive level design. Infact, why don't we just have Valve make all games?

SlayerGhede

Jan 13, 2008
Capcom made SSBB.

On one hand, I am pleased. Fan-servicey characters AND an excellent fighting system?

... Then I remember everything after Street Fighter 3.

REDPill357

Jan 5, 2008
If Epic made Yoshi, he would be a cyber-Yoshi, with ugly eyes, wrist blades, and pipes all over. And if you gave him weapons dated past 1999, they wouldn't be very good. But if they gave him weapons made in 1999, they'd be awesome.

Strafe Mcgee

Jan 25, 2008
REDPill357 said:
If Epic made Yoshi, he would be a cyber-Yoshi, with ugly eyes, wrist blades, and pipes all over. And if you gave him weapons dated past 1999, they wouldn't be very good. But if they gave him weapons made in 1999, they'd be awesome.
...is that an unreal tournament reference? You've lost me.

brenflood

Jan 27, 2008
Oh I got a good one:
What if Square-enix made a first person shooter without RPG Elements? It'd be absolutely gorgeous to the point that I'd likely die because another soldier shot me while I was checking out the texture on the enemy I just killed. Squre-enix would find a way to make blood gushing out of a bullet wound truly gorgeous. It may also have a decent but remarkably cliche story.

Keet

Jan 24, 2008
For my first trick, I'm going to theoretically resurrect <font color=green>Clover and finish off by having them make the next Starfox game. I miss the days when a terrible script and questionable voice actors weren't something you ever really had to worry about. For all I care they could even put land missions in it if it was Clover doing it. They'd find a way to make it not quite blow as much.

I don't think that anyone would mind too much if capcom and atlas produced Skies of Arcadia 2.

Also, atlas doing a decent sequel to Brave Fencer Musashi. None of that silly bargain bin nonsense we were served on the PS2 by Squeenix.

MilitantFurry

Mar 25, 2008
What if...

Mario was made by Rockstar?

I dunno how it would turn out, but it'd be hilarious. I can just see Mario in shades bullet-time-leaping against suited Goomba goons, lamenting the death of Princess Peach and popping Mushrooms to heal himself.

Keet

Jan 24, 2008
MilitantFurry said:
What if...

Mario was made by Rockstar?

I dunno how it would turn out, but it'd be hilarious. I can just see Mario in shades bullet-time-leaping against suited Goomba goons, lamenting the death of Princess Peach and popping Mushrooms to heal himself.
You know, say what you will about Rockstar, but you've got to hand it to them that they make for an excellent contribution to satire, usually prevalent in the background of the game rather than the underlying theme.

Saskwach

Nov 4, 2007
Warhammer or 40k made by Blizzard. To settle that godforsaken argument once and for all.
Joeshie said:
What if a Fallout game was made by Bethesda?

Oh wait...
I see what you did there. :)

Nettacki

Feb 25, 2008
Namco making DOA5. It would be the ultimate spit in the face to creator Itagaki and his fans, since he has publicly stated that "Tekken sucks, I don't know what you're talking about." But at the same time, it would set the series on a better direction that is not totally reliant on boobs, boobs, counters, and more boobs.

Bioware making Final Fantasy. Or Square Enix making a Star Wars JRPG. Your call...