What Is A Movie That Made You Cry?

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan is the first movie to make me cry. The part at the end "I am and always shall be your friend" and the bagpipes at the funeral. I am not Irish but I would like bagpipes at my funeral because of the almost mournful way they play Amazing Grace.

Plim

Feb 3, 2010
The Green Mile has to be the best tear-jerker. Shame you have to book a whole day off work to watch it though.

I'm going to confess, I did cry a little at the end of Titanic, but I was young when I saw it ok?!

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Wim Wenders' Der Himmel uber Berlin.

Wong Kar-wai's In the Mood for Love.

David Lynch's Mulholland Drive.

Kim Ki-duk's Bin-jip.

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.

From the Ride of the Rohirrim onwards, I'm a wreck. I pretty much don't stop crying until the end of the film.

The Root Beer Guy

Apr 1, 2010
A lot of movies make me cry, but the ones that get me every time are the end of The Return of the King and the duel between Vader and Luke in Return of the Jedi.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Saving Private Ryan made me sad.
Bridge to Terribethea made me cry. It was so sad.

I don't usually cry in even the most saddest of movies.

Manbro

Oct 23, 2008
I don't cry cause I'm not a *****. (Just kidding :p)

Green Mile gets me sometimes, as well as I Am Legend where he strangles Sam. Those are the only two ones I can think of but there are a couple more that make me shed a few tears.

Smallells

Feb 18, 2010
I've never cried at a movie. I just find it hard to become THAT attached to the characters. However, the movie that nearly made me cry the most.....
I am Legend.
To avoid spoilers, those of you who've watched the movie can guess what I'm getting at. That scene is so heart-wrenching and the rest of the story afterwards really magnify it.

Hellgate

Mar 10, 2009
Grave of the Fireflies :] I watched this movie in a young age and it just scared me for life xD Every time i see this movie i tear up (First time i saw it cried like a beaver xD )

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. Every single time the horn goes at the Ride of the Rohirrim I well up totally suddenly and can't help it. It's like a reflex.

Grave Of The Fireflies. The whole thing is pretty oppressive but the end always gets me.

Up. First 15 minutes and then at about the 3/4 mark with the Adventure Book. You know the scene.

In other media: Red Dead Redemption brought me VERY close not once but twice, for polar opposite reasons. I don't wanna spoil anything so I'll just say that both scenes had a song, rather than an orchestral score, playing over actual gameplay.

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
viralshag said:
The Green Mile.

FieryTrainwreck said:
The Fountain. When he's tattooing the ring around his finger. I love that film.
That is one amazing movie. Didn't make me cry but it is just so good. I would also like to make note of the music, that too is truely awesome too. Clint Mansell / Kronos Quartet, find it and love it too.
Pretty sure you don't exist. I'm confident I'm the only person in the world who loves The Fountain.

Angryman101

Aug 7, 2009
FieryTrainwreck said:
viralshag said:
The Green Mile.

FieryTrainwreck said:
The Fountain. When he's tattooing the ring around his finger. I love that film.
That is one amazing movie. Didn't make me cry but it is just so good. I would also like to make note of the music, that too is truely awesome too. Clint Mansell / Kronos Quartet, find it and love it too.
Pretty sure you don't exist. I'm confident I'm the only person in the world who loves The Fountain.
You'd be wrong, sir, as it is one of my favorite movies.
Forrest Gump's ending makes me cry every time I see it.
(Forrest, now breaking down and crying)'Ah miss you, Jennay!'
(Me, now breaking down and crying, too) 'BOU HOO HOOOOO *snurkkk* buhhhh huh huhhh'
Saving Private Ryan and Titanic and (embarrassingly enough) Pearl Harbor made me cry the first times I saw them when I was young, specifically the parts where a lot of people died, as I was and am a very empathetic person and it made me feel sad.
Up almost had me going...Grave of the Fireflies...there have been a few others that have made me almost break down. Over the years it's been harder for them to affect me as much as they used to, though, which is unfortunate.
OH. Biggest emotional hit by far is the play/HBO exclusive movie WIT, about a college professor who has stage four ovarian cancer and her struggles with the disease. I've never cried so much during the middle of a college class in my life. It was mind-bogglingly emotional, as the character was so smart and likable and it had a large number of English literature references that I genuinely loved. God, it was so hard to watch and it said so much about the human condition. Bou hoo hooo :'''[