What is frowned upon in the Escapist Forums?

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
Vs. thread are looked down on because they usually end in flames wars.

Besides BonsaiK's Relationship thread, you should go to actually dating sites for advice instead of making thread on a gaming website.

Also, don't post religion/ politic thread in another section besides the Religion and Politics section, or the wrong crowd will be attracted to it and flame wars will ensue.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
Harkonnen64 said:
You. Also trolling and "posting anything that doesn't add to a thread," whatever the hell that means.
What else could it mean. Don't hop into a relationship thread and start talking about your favorite console.

Actually discussing the topic at hand is a great start. The "I don't know about that, cause I never saw it before, sorry" posts are pretty damned annoying. Well if you don't know then why in the world are you bothering to post anything?

OP: As has been mentioned before take a look at the sticky threads, you will see the forum posting guidlines, read and take those to heart and you won't have any problems here.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Don't be a douche bag, I find that to be a good rule to follow unless the person's just asking for it.

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
Well, i believe these things aren't allowed here.

Trolling
Flaming
Low content posts
Versus threads
Bad spelling and grammar
Going into the basement

That's all i can think of right now.

wolf92

Aug 13, 2008
Usually bad grammar( Although not always)
and Trolling. Don't do it.
Otherwise have fun

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Vs Threads, Chuck Norris jokes, Repeating threads made by me, putting joke options in your poll, internet memes in general, and not acknowledging the superiority of Souplex to all other things.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Personally, I earned my probations/suspensions for being overly confrontational. Don't do that. Even if it's not specifically mentioned you're not allowed to be confrontational in the rules, it will fall under the umbrella of "trolling/harassment" no matter how justified you think your reasons are or how intentionally stubborn you think the other guy is being. Let em' be stubborn, walk away or risk moderator wrath. Vitriol on my part may have been a contributing factor, but I've seen people hit with punitive measures for less.