What is...or what makes an 'Alpha 2.0' existence?

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Every now and then online I see a person bring up "living an Alpha 2.0 life." But finding information on what that is seems a bit tricky for me, perhaps due to my inept skills at interwebbing or fear of delving further into depressing sections of the web. I found a book called Man 2.0 or something, though it doesn't appear to mention "Alpha 2.0." So maybe others here have experienced what this is, how we can benefit from understanding it, and if it's any threat to western culture and the future of humanity as we know it.

So, pray, tell...

What is an Alpha 2.0 life/existence?

Sweet damn...I'm not sure about parting with these anymore.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013

Its just another of those self-help life affirming 'be the best you you can be' horseshit scams. Follow our diet plan, run twice a week, mediate on what it means to be you, and try to be the you you know you can you.
Basically the men's version of Eat, Pray, Love

Order now and receive one free Life-Affirming handshake from a Father!*

Call within the next ten minutes and we'll cut the price in half to only nine easy payments of $29.99 plus s/h

[small]* Offer good while supplies last, offer void in Canada, Mexico and central South America. The Father shaking your had may not necessarily be your father[/small]

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I seeeeee... so it was the man ver 2.0 after all. That is mildly disappointing. Was hoping to uncover some mysterious subculture to explore. Nevertheless, salmon shall be dispensed thusly!

Whaddya mean they're not the advertised reward?? I'm insulted that anyone would claim such a thing! This is a damn witch hunt, I tells ya!

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Xsjadoblayde said:
See that looks life affirming! If I can cook that, then I'm an Alpha. Don't need some 'professional fitness' guru telling me to medicate on my true self.
My True Self cooks and eats good food!

TrulyBritish

Jan 23, 2013
Got to admit, when I say this thread i thought it was some kind of red-pill type "You should be a manly alpha and not some dweeby beta-male" thing. It's sad that that's what I think of when I hear "alpha" and "man" in the same sentence structure.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Y'all know the funny thing..

The whole concept of "alphas" as the dominant organism of a group comes from studies of captive wolves in the mid-20th century, when it was very difficult to study wolves in the wild. The thing is, it turns out it's a behaviour only exhibited by wolves in captivity. Wolf packs in the wild consist of a single family group (a breeding pair and their children) and the parents are dominant not because they're the biggest and strongest wolves but because they are parents teaching their immature children how to hunt and survive.

So yeah, technically if you have kids you are an "alpha" human already. The concept is meaningless. But it is funny to see these people comparing themselves to caged animals as a symbol of power and dominance..

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
evilthecat said:

The whole concept of "alphas" as the dominant organism of a group comes from studies of captive wolves in the mid-20th century, when it was very difficult to study wolves in the wild. The thing is, it turns out it's a behaviour only exhibited by wolves in captivity. Wolf packs in the wild consist of a single family group (a breeding pair and their children) and the parents are dominant not because they're the biggest and strongest wolves but because they are parents teaching their immature children how to hunt and survive.

So yeah, technically if you have kids you are an "alpha" human already. The concept is meaningless. But it is funny to see these people comparing themselves to caged animals as a symbol of power and dominance..
Goddamnit, I was going to say that. Or at least how endless rubbish werewolf shows and movies should have Alphas who go round telling the rest of the pack to dress warmly and remember their umbrellas.

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
I dunno. I picture one of those "pick up artists" on YouTube in a rent-a-Lamborghini hitting on girls at the beach. He probably starts his videos with a lot of hand gestures and a lot of Hey what's up guys it's your man Doucheatron2069 or something.

TheSlothOverlord

Mar 20, 2013
Smithnikov said:
Is this some more /pol/ buzzword stuff, like being redpilled, cucks, ect? If it is, I reccomend simply ignoring it.
Surprisingly enough it isn't. The guys in the video distance themselves from the whole toxic machismo thing right from the get go. Alpha 2.0 is basically just another self-help "be the best you you can possibly be" thing, with a diet and fitness plan and all that stuff.

DrownedAmmet

Apr 13, 2015
Ehh, being a Beta Male isn't that bad, you're still the second best male out there. There's no shame in taking home a silver medal.
But those gamma males are total dorks!

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Thaluikhain said:
evilthecat said:

Goddamnit, I was going to say that. Or at least how endless rubbish werewolf shows and movies should have Alphas who go round telling the rest of the pack to dress warmly and remember their umbrellas.
I didn't know this. But it still could kinda work for werewolves, at least? I mean, with traditional werewolves (being cursed), it's not like they can exist in any natural state. Something about the shackles of society, or remembered civilization before the curse, or something like that? But yeah, it feels like it has no real place in discussions about masculinity.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
the December King said:
But it still could kinda work for werewolves, at least?
They are fictional, so more or less literally anything could work. But we've always got to have manly alphas who rule by virtue of being manly and anyone who disagrees deserves to be beaten up. I own a lot of bad fantasy books, and they are often bad in the exact same way.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Thaluikhain said:
the December King said:
They are fictional, so more or less literally anything could work. But we've always got to have manly alphas who rule by virtue of being manly and anyone who disagrees deserves to be beaten up. I own a lot of bad fantasy books, and they are often bad in the exact same way.
When it's just men that act this way in stories, it can get a bit tedious, unless there is a deeper message or theme. On the other hand, there are a lot of characters in fiction that rule by force(weapons) or virtue of being bigger/stronger than the rest. And not all of those fantasy books are bad.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
the December King said:
Thaluikhain said:
the December King said:
When it's just men that act this way in stories, it can get a bit tedious, unless there is a deeper message or theme. On the other hand, there are a lot of characters in fiction that rule by force(weapons) or virtue of being bigger/stronger than the rest. And not all of those fantasy books are bad.
Eh, really bugs me when it's not the men in general, just the werewolves. Other people can have other systems of government, but werewolves seemingly must always be run by someone called an Alpha who is in charge due to being largest.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Thaluikhain said:
the December King said:
Thaluikhain said:
the December King said:
Eh, really bugs me when it's not the men in general, just the werewolves. Other people can have other systems of government, but werewolves seemingly must always be run by someone called an Alpha who is in charge due to being largest.
Ah. Fair enough.

wulf3n

Mar 12, 2012
evilthecat said:

I'm no biologist but aren't there examples of "alpha" males in other species, like Gorillas, lions etc?