What is some of the best trolling you have ever encounterd?

cgaWolf

Apr 16, 2009
steeple said:
this one right here! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ]

but seriously, I think there's only one that can be named the "best" trolling...
I opened this, then i closed it, then i opened it again...

NEVAR GONNA TELL A LIE AND HURT YOUUUUUUUUUU
lalala
NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP
NEVAR GONNA LET YOU DOWN
lalala /dance

i must be drunk ><

cgaWolf

Apr 16, 2009
That said, i remember a thread on the EU warlock forums, essentially a guy posting about how warlocks where overpowered. he brought all the usualy arguments, some correct ones, and some completely stupid ones... his language seemed a bit off, but that's not unusual on the EU forums. He also answered every now and then, responding to questions, flaming and counterflaming, etc... the whole thing went on for pages.

By page 7 (iirc), the first guy had caught on the supreme mastery of the trolling. not only was he trollling and taunting the class forum with the usual "ur overpowered" post, but he also drew on the whole catalogue of trolling tropes. Rickrolling if you took the first words of every line, all-your-base in the next post, hidden messages in the caps, etcetc... it was truly epic :)

BulletMagTrig

Nov 14, 2011
Have two moments where I've been truly trolled, but didn't record either. Should have in hindsight.

1.) Playing Warcraft 3: Night Elves(Me) vs. Humans(Friend): To be clear, I had two friends in the rooms during this lan. (Friend 1) was playing this game a lot longer than I, but was still receiving help from (Friend 2) who was pretty close to Korean level in this game.

The battle was short and sweet, but I decided to troll (Friend 1) since I beat his arse so hard he got up and ran to the bathroom to cry. My plan was to capture all the nodes on the map while he had only his one town in a corner, use all the resources and spawn a massive army and kill him when he came back from his crying session. After accomplishing my objectives he still wasn't out so I sent my forces in anyway from across the map.

I sent in hundreds of units since we were playing without popcaps to hit his lone base. I suddenly become aware that he was still there and all my forces were gone. I zoom down to his corner to get an explanation and find hundreds of Dwarven Riflemen surrounded by corpses.

(Friend 2) had taken over the hopeless situation and built an army with what was left of (Friend 1)'s unexploited resources. He knew my army's armor was mostly medium which to vulnerable to pierce damage from the riflemen.

"OH YOU SON OF A B!TCH!" was all I could yell as I saw him on the computer on the other side of the room smirking from cheek to cheek.

(Friend 1) returns and claims victory and proceeds to flaunt it even though he ran to the bathroom to cry. No forces left my cities were killed by hundreds of riflemen.

2.) Playing against my older brother in Empire Earth for his second time. I was building my little village when he comes in with an early zerg rush, runs past my defensive towers and proceeds to shoot at my town hall. I pop out my own military and flush him out, but the rush leaves me worried. He proceeds to peasant rush me causing little damage, but lots of frustration and mayhem. He then builds an entire village outside my main base and start to mount constant attacks.

Determined not to take the age/tech advantage I seal myself behind walls and return to collecting resources and building my army while being harassed. I thought he owned over 2/3s of the map so I expected a hard war were tactics and technology would be key.

I finally unleash my technologically superior force of units to find a wasteland were my brothers army was suppose to be. Nothing alive and all the buildings destroyed. I see a tower that had stood withing sight range of my walls and rushed to kill it since this was my first offensive action of the game. As I almost came to striking distance I see the tower fall and the "You Win" menu appear.

The bastard had griefed me the whole game and made me think he had all these forces, but he killed them off out of boredom. His constant weakling rushes kept me paranoid and on the defense for three hours, and three hours of pent up rage was stuck with no target to unleash it on. There was no final glory, no epic struggle for the map. Let just say I didn't sleep that night out of rage.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Westaway said:
A Satanic Panda said:
This guy [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view] is a huge troll and should be banned from the escapist.

No one can stand him anymore.
That blew my mind. I panicked for a couple seconds
Ugh, if you're in a troll thread; double check all links before clicking!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view

This right here is a non-specific http. If you're signed in it will take you to your own page, if not - it just won't load.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Westaway - however, is a specific profile http.

Nice to see so many falling for it; I though it was old enough to have done a fair few rounds of the internet, but clearly not.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
Riddle78 said:
I recently read a story about someone "winning" Call of Cthulhu,a Pen and Paper RPG where dying/losing all of your sanity isn't a matter of "If" but rather "When" and "how soon". He PERMANENTLY KILLED an Elder God,with a character that was specifically designed to be used as a Troll's Weapon against the GM,including a 360 page backstory.

It worked. Big time.
Ah yes, the tale of Old Man Henderson!

That's a great way to troll a lazy/incompetent DM. 'Whaddaya mean I don't speak Portugese?! You did read the backstory?

OT:
this isnt my name said:
This - don't forget the subsequent sequels! Truly priceless.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
this isnt my name said:
Luke3184 said:
I saw a pretty good one whereon Halloween some guy made a profile for an under aged girl then peado baited. He then arranged to meet said peado at a school play ground, he turned up dressed as Batman and started shouting, at said peado, things like his username. He filmed all of this. The peado then sent a message to the fake account saying 'You didn't turn up huh? If you were just late be careful there's a freak in a costume out".

I think it might be the best use of a batman costume ever.
I saw that, and it was glorious.

Volf99 said:
Luke3184 said:
I saw a pretty good one whereon Halloween some guy made a profile for an under aged girl then peado baited. He then arranged to meet said peado at a school play ground, he turned up dressed as Batman and started shouting, at said peado, things like his username. He filmed all of this. The peado then sent a message to the fake account saying 'You didn't turn up huh? If you were just late be careful there's a freak in a costume out".

I think it might be the best use of a batman costume ever.
wow, do you have the link to that?
thank you, lol wow. Did these guys get in trouble?

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
yookiwooki said:
I'm gonna go with Herman Cain's presidential campaign. I guarantee that in like 3-4 months he is gonna come out and say it was all a joke.

wow, just wow. Herman Cain is now officially king of the trolls. There can not be a bigger troll than somebody like him.

VincentR

Apr 17, 2011
A Satanic Panda said:
This guy [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view] is a huge troll and should be banned from the escapist.

No one can stand him anymore.
..Clever Girl. I, too, did not understand what was going on for a second - but I quickly understood. I feel even stupider since I read the url before clicking, and thought nothing of it.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
I like to think I'm a damn good troll, the Escapist mods can't even do anything about it.

[small]User was banned for this post. (Permanent)[/small]