What is the best game you have bought that you knew nothing about

Spaceman_Spiff

Apr 16, 2009
I don't think I have ever been that spontaneous about my purchases usually I research the hell out of it beforehand.

Smowy

May 19, 2009
The Orange Box. Couldn't have got much better (I didn't know anything about any of the games before lol)
On a sadder note I tried the same thing with a game called blacksite, and it's the worst xbox game I've ever played.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
Viva Pinata came with the Xbox 360 we bought and I had no idea what it was about and thought it was going to be utterly horrible. Turns out it was a great game that I throughly enjoyed.

dudeindrag93

Nov 12, 2008
mark eckos getting up

by far the most pleasently surprising game i played in a long while

also looking at this thread the godfather game also considering i hate the movies

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
I never buy a game any more without knowing at least SOMETHING about it, although I think the last time I did was when I bought Devil Kings on PS2. Boy, was THAT a mistake. The game was mediocre enough already before they Macekred it in the translation stage.

I do remember that long LONG ago I bought Secret of Mana for the SNES (for my brother's birthday, but we were both kids living at home back then) purely on the recommendation of my friend who merely mentioned the game's name and that he'd heard it was good. One of the BEST decisions of my life.

ThePeiceOfEden said:
Halo 3.

Only cuz it was the special edition and £20
You seriously knew nothing whatsoever about Halo 3 before you decided to buy it? I think that's a lie from your mouth.

HellbirdIV

May 21, 2009
Ground Control II, even though I recieved that as a gift rather than bought it for myself. Never played anything quite like it and I was more than pleasantly suprrised at how fantastic it turned out to be.

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
Well, it's not quite on topic, but I rather spontaneously illegally dl'ed an Earthbound rom after watching this by the YouTube alternative rappers Duane and Brand0, who are awesome.

Now Earthbound is pretty much my favourite game of all eternity. And this is a person who spent most of his gaming time with Timesplitters and Quake.

Custard_Angel

Aug 6, 2009
Oblivion...

I didn't even realise it was an Elder Scrolls game... I had no idea at all... I didn't even know there was anything after Morrowind...

Epic win.

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
Okami. I knew nothing of it other than the whole Japanese theme. Bought it, loved it, best game I ever played.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
I picked up Ratchet and clank in a bargin bin buy 2 get 1 free deal and it is nowe easily one of my favorite series even though I sold all three a while back with my PS2 to get a 360.

Also found Jade Empire at a Gamestop for $10 and load times aside it was the best $10 I 'd ever spent.

Varly knew anything about either game.

total crazy talk

Jul 16, 2009
for me its was second sight. i had no idea about that game but i liked the back of teh box so just payed for itand was plesently surprised at the game