What is the best game you have bought that you knew nothing about

StigmataDiaboli

May 18, 2009
Mine would probably be Fahrenheit/Indigo Prohecy. I liked it despite having no clue about it. Another would be the FPS Black. Bought it in a so-many-games-for-a-tenner deal. Loved that. And going back to my childhood, Zelda: Link's Awakening on the Game Boy...yeah I wasn't aware of games back when I was 6/7...Zelda? Never heard of it...

Dragonrabbit

Nov 15, 2008
Either the Orange Box or Fallout 3. Two of my favorite titles, and I picked up both simply because they were both heavily talked about on the interweb.

Ultrasnail

Feb 3, 2009
i'd say fallout 3, my friend brought it up in conversation one day and i was like "yeah okay i gess i'll get it."
i thought it would suck i was pleasently suprised.

AllHailTheAltmer

Jan 25, 2009
I have a good history of buying great games that I knew nothing about, such as Star Fox 64/Lylat Wars, Age of Empires 2, Half-Life 2, Advance Wars 2, Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I would count all of those games as being among my all-time favourites, and Oblivion is my absolute favourite game of all-time. And I had no idea what Elder Scrolls meant before I received that game for Christmas.

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
Honestly, Left 4 Dead, i wasn't really following it religiously like a lot of other people, i had heard tid-bits about it, and one day i saw it on sale on Steam, and i purchased it for $35, best buy ever!

lukemdizzle

Jul 7, 2008
probably halo 1, I had never bought a game without reasserting it before and I haven't since but Xbox was the first consul I owned and everybody said that it was the must have game

pieeater911

Jun 27, 2008
Oddworld: Munches Oddyssey. Had bought it back before I read reviews to see how good a game was and I got really lucky. This game is awesome.

Arehexes

Jun 27, 2008
lets see.....I blindly bought the Elder Scrolls 4 GOTY version and Disgaea on the psp.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Jak 2 and SSX. I always research a bit on games nowdays, so I know what I'm buyin'

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
Gonna have to go with Grandia. The original, for PS1. I just spotted that box sitting on a shelf in a tiny game store.

At the time, I had never even heard of the game. It looked just good enough that I felt like giving it a try, and cost the same amount of money as I had in my pocket at the time.

At first it struck me as "decent", but it sort of grew on me, and eventually I found myself still playing nothing but Grandia for a month after I bought a PS2!

I've played Final Fantasy VI - XII, the first Jak and Daxter and every GTA ever, to name a few, and to this day, Grandia remains my all - time favourite.

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
Tokobot, ironically one of the best games I've ever played.
A word to the wise though, don't buy Tokobot Plus.

the protaginist

Jul 4, 2008
I picked up Fable: The Lost Chapters as soon as I bought my 360 with little known about it, and I had a wonderful time with it. It rests happily as #9 in my top 10.

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
Has to be Skies of Arcadia: Legends. I had never heard of it and just impulse bought it because there was a pirate (I was younger okay and pirates are awesome). It became one of my favourite games. Period.

Agrajagged

Nov 14, 2008
The only game I've ever bought blindly was Burnout. The promise on the back of the box to be encouraged to drive dangerously sold me on it. Great decision.

DrTrevelyan

Aug 14, 2009
Back in the day I bought this game called Nitrous Oxide for PS1. It was five bucks in the bin at walmart. It turned out to be frenetic fun, then again this was also the time I began smoking a lot of weed, so that could have been blurring my judgement.

Also Toejam & Earl on Genesis. I liked the art, that's all I knew about it. Turned out to be one of the best games of the 16-bit era.