what is the best game you have played all year?

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
inFAMOUS 2 and Batman: Arkham City absolutely FLOORED me with awesomeness. So I guess both games win my award of GOTY.

elilupe

Jun 1, 2009
This year was such a fantastic time for games...
My favorites that I played for the first time this year are Yakuza 4, Europa Universalis 3, Portal 2, El Shaddai, Deus Ex, Mount and Blade, and Batman Arkham City.

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
IngloriousPony89 said:
While it's a close tie between Portal 2 and Bulletstorm, I'd have to pick Portal 2. No other game brought me so much joy in the 8-10 hour long campaign. Skyrim is my third favorite, however.
Eight to ten hours? How the heck did you get it to last that long?

I'd go with Bastion myself. Skyrim would be a close second.

st0pnsw0p

Nov 23, 2009
I played Mario Galaxy twice to completion (once with Mario and again with Luigi) and I was beginning to play it again before the disk got scratched beyond repair. It's definitely the best game I played this year and maybe the best game I've ever played. As for games that came out this year, I only played Skyward Sword(which is very good). All the other games I played are older games that I couldn't play until I got my Wii late last year.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny i put over 90h in this games and never got bored. yeh it's beats skyrim in my book.

Flailing Escapist

Apr 13, 2011
Resident Evil 4 HD

Disreguarding the fact that its not HD at all its still one of the best. Considering that I only ever owned the Gamecube version the Separate Ways and costume additions to the classic definately makes it the top of the list this year.

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
I have to give a top ten, it was that good a year.
1. Batman: Arkham City
2. Skyrim
3. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
4. Portal 2
5. The Witcher 2
6. Dead Space 2
7. Bulletstorm
8. Dead Island
9. Bastion
(last spot is a place holder for TOR as I need to upgrade my pc to handle it, had a tough enough time on single player Witcher, can't have it stuttering in a mp situation)
Personal letdowns of the year:
1. Dragon Age 2, this just killed me. I was excited for another DA:O-like experience and I get... a huge frown on my face instead
2. Dark Souls, the toughness I could handle, but combine SNES tough with PS2 at best ugly, and it makes me ask what this was doing in the seventh generation(Flame Shields activated)
Edit: I really enjoyed both of my "letdown games". That's why I listed them here with the others.

Inglorious891

Dec 17, 2011
TheMadDoctorsCat said:
IngloriousPony89 said:
While it's a close tie between Portal 2 and Bulletstorm, I'd have to pick Portal 2. No other game brought me so much joy in the 8-10 hour long campaign. Skyrim is my third favorite, however.
Eight to ten hours? How the heck did you get it to last that long?

I'd go with Bastion myself. Skyrim would be a close second.
Well I didn't time myself or anything, but I heard the main story was 8 hours long or so.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Probably The 3rd Birthday. Not a new game, but to me, an enjoyable one! Though its characters are kinda paper thin, I just enjoyed the gameplay and music~

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
Arqus_Zed said:
Scarim Coral said:
To me that had got to be Xenoblade Chroncile for this year. It has got to be one of the best RPG I have ever played (before you asked I haven't play Mass Effect or Dragon Age yet).
I'm going with this guy.

Xenoblade Chronicles was the first game in my library that actually made me think: "Yes, this game justifies me having bought a Wii." And in case you're wondering, other games I have for my Wii include: Mario Galaxy, Zelda Twilight Princess, Madworld and No More Heroes 1 & 2.

I'd go as far as saying it is probably the best JRPG of the 7th generation.
Yep Xenoblade here as well actually dug out the wii to play it and was not dissapointed, all other games got put on hold until I finished it which dosent happen often. It is easily the best game I have played in 5 years and I IMO the best RPG of this and last generation it really is that impressive and along with Mario Galaxy finally justified the purchasing of a wii to myself.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
I have been slow in getting games this year so probably Skyrim. There hasn't been much on my too play or too get lists recently.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Every game released this year has been really awesome, but the last one I played was Uncharted 3(on my new... HUGE TV), so I'll go with that one.
Don't know why fans have complained over Uncharted 3. It's not as great as the first two games, but it's by no means bad. It feels like an Uncharted game should. They finally made the puzzles a little bit challenging as well!

Gazmania

Oct 30, 2011
I would have to say either Bastion, Warhammer 40K Space Marine or Saints Row: The Third >.< So hard to choose!
But I have completed Bastion multiple times, so that must mean it would be my 2011 winner ^^

Gali

Nov 19, 2009
As a big BTAS fan, it's Arkham City (PC) for me. I'm close to 200 hours played and still not sick of it. I really like the Elder Scrolls games, too, but I didn't play as much Skyrim as Arkham City and that probably won't change. I just love the gameplay of AC and for me, playing Batman is much cooler than my Dovahkiin. :)

Omega07

Sep 1, 2010
well... i`ll go with dungeons of dredmor... still can`t stop playing it (yes, apparently i`m a masochist)
Skyrim also qualifies, but it didn`t make me laugh that much...

if we add old games then my undisputed champion will be Prince of Persia: Sands of Time... reaplayed it this year... and it never ever will be boring for me...

nothing can beat that... atleast for the closest year or so, i don`t see anything beaing able to beat PoP out of my top 3...