what is the best rpg you have ever played?

downskitty

Jan 15, 2008
GenHellspawn said:
Fallout.

End of disscussion.
So let's not even have a forum called "Gaming Discussion" and just wrap up any given topic with your response.

Or how about you not be a twat and actually say something about it, instead?

You've said about as much worth reading as "lol first post," basically.

Moreover: "discussion." You have one "s" too many.

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
Final Fantasy X. I KNOW! SHUT UP! I don't play many RPG's, okay? If it's any help, I really want to play Eternal Sonata.

Weimdog

Nov 18, 2007
Secret of Mana
or Baldur's Gate 2

@ GenHellspawn: Fallout? I never knew much about it, if it's that good, I'll check it out.

MrSod

Oct 6, 2007
I'd agree with Fallout if it didn't have so much of the plot recycled from Wasteland.
Wasteland was also longer and had much better puzzles.

Jan 24, 2008
Though it isn't a particularly well known game, I would have to say Ogre Battle 64, for, you guessed it Nintendo 64!!

There weren't that many copies made apparently because the majority of people I've talked to simply haven't heard of it.

The story line did have a set number of paths, but it allowed you to decide how you wanted to act and it allowed for hundred's (maybe not that many, but still) of different ways to view and complete the game.
Lots of character classes, ranging from spear wielding tanks, to ninjas, and casters of all types. Character customization, with weapons, armor, basic, and advanced classes that required time spend in that class (example: Chief Ninja)and a sort of good/evil play style. Not just in the story which had several choices that were somewhere in the middle, but also in your character development. Ninjas were on the dark side while gladiators were just ever so slightly on the light side, and to become a chief ninja you had to put that character in a party that would push him farther over to the dark side. Even being "dark" your characters could still interact with those of the light side, and still help the "good" team.

It was my first real hardcore RPG that sucked me in and got me to care about my characters.

Truly, an amazing game.

tobyornottoby

Jan 2, 2008
downskitty said:
GenHellspawn said:
Fallout.

End of disscussion.
So let's not even have a forum called "Gaming Discussion" and just wrap up any given topic with your response.

Or how about you not be a twat and actually say something about it, instead?

You've said about as much worth reading as "lol first post," basically.

Moreover: "discussion." You have one "s" too many.
he means he done discussing with his shizo selfs. The topic is titled 'best you have played'. So he wasn't quite sure which 'you' would answer the question.

or he is a twat

Daegen

Jan 23, 2008
I would have to say that mine was Star Ocean: The Second Story for play on the ps1. The story was both serious and fun, and the added bonus of being able to have private actions with your party upon entering any previously visited town made this my favorite game of all time.

lightbulbthief

Jan 16, 2008
Dues ex hands down,

with fallout and system shock 2 in close joint second, as you can see i prefer western rpgs and even then only a few

sand0789

Jan 24, 2008
Chrono Trigger is probably my favorite since I borrowed it from a friend not even knowing what genre it was and ended up absolutely loving it.

Nowadays, I like Oblivion/MassEffect/etc. type action/rpg's or whatever they are called. Hearing good things about Fallout has me excited for Fallout III coming up.

mitzi

Jan 24, 2008
Copter400 said:
Final Fantasy X. I KNOW! SHUT UP! I don't play many RPG's, okay? If it's any help, I really want to play Eternal Sonata.
I can get behind FFX.

I like X so much that I wound up trying FFXI (the mmorpg) and got sucked in for about three months. Managed to get out before I got *too* addicted. Kinda scary, those MMOs.

But I loved Auron so!

XII was iffy for me - gameplay was nice and smooth, but it seemed almost soulless compared to X. I'm just starting IX; I hear it's a good one. It's weird to go backwards with the game's tech and design, but because RPGs are so story-driven it isn't as much of a problem as trying to play a really old FPS.