What is the dumbest case of fandom infighting you have ever seen?

DaWaffledude

Apr 23, 2011
RatherDull said:
GamerMage said:
RatherDull said:
Light Side Sith

You've never seen an argument until you've seen THAT argument.
Dare I ask? Is it like saying somebody's alignment is Sith but he's a Noble Demon?
Basically the noble take on Sith yeah. But many fans insist that Sith by their very nature are supposed to be evil.
Well, they kinda are. Star Wars isn't exactly known for it's subtle, complex view on morality. The Sith use the Dark Side of the Force. They, themselves, call it "The Dark Side of the Force". They are willingly and knowingly trading their morals for power. If one were to cease using the Dark Side, then one would probably also cease to accept the evilness of other Sith, and defect.

OP: Regarding shipping, someone here needs to mention the Glee fandom. I haven't seen that corner of the internet in a while, but last I heard they were taking shipping wars to a whole new level. They had spies and alliances and leaders.

Though I think it died down a bit once people realised the show wasn't going to pull out of its slump.

DaWaffledude

Apr 23, 2011
RatherDull said:
DaWaffledude said:
RatherDull said:
GamerMage said:
RatherDull said:
Light Side Sith

You've never seen an argument until you've seen THAT argument.
Dare I ask? Is it like saying somebody's alignment is Sith but he's a Noble Demon?
Basically the noble take on Sith yeah. But many fans insist that Sith by their very nature are supposed to be evil.
Well, they kinda are. Star Wars isn't exactly known for it's subtle, complex view on morality. The Sith use the Dark Side of the Force. They, themselves, call it "The Dark Side of the Force". They are willingly and knowingly trading their morals for power. If one were to cease using the Dark Side, then one would probably also cease to accept the evilness of other Sith, and defect.
What pro-Light Side Jedi say is that the Sith's method and code can be used in good ways. And following the Sith code doesn't inherently mean you are evil.

Though, I think a better term might be Gray Sith, similar to Gray Jedi, who are Sith but they distance themselves from other Sith because they disagree with them.
The Sith's method is inflicting pain and suffering for entertainment and the pursuit of power. Their code encourages the abandonment of self-control for the same. There is nothing good about it. If one wishes to distance oneself from the evils of other Sith, a good place to start might be abandoning the omnipresent force of evil you've enslaved yourself to.

EDIT: You know what, I'm just going to leave it there. I'm not going to get into a petty forum debate in a thread making fun of petty forum debates. (Even if I seem to already have. Bother)

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Meriatressia said:
One of the stupidest in fandom arguments is the pokemon Geewunners.
This is a game that is about a ever expanding ammount of pokemon. That's the point.
But geewunners always complain about anything beyond G1. They actually would want a expanding monster catching game to stay at just one generation.
I think this is more of a nostalgia thing. "Geewunners" like myself played gen 1 when it was new and grew out of it. Know that pokemon is popular again its not the same as it was back then

I dont have a problem with the other gens its just that im familiar with gen 1