what is the funniest way i could exchange about 218 coins?

Circusfreak

Mar 12, 2009
I recently won about 218 Swedish crowns from a slot machine. however, being a slot machine it only dispenses 1-crown coins (about 10 euro cents) which is the least valuable type of coin here in Sweden. I've noticed that my local grocery store has a sign on the counter saying "we need 1- crown coins" so I'm going to go exchange my little fortune there. now pouring over 200 coins onto the counter of a small grocery store has the potential for some funny scenarios.

so. what do you think would be the funniest way for me to do this?

as soon as i find a satisfying answer i will go down there and then report back to you guys.

Luftwaffles

Apr 24, 2010
Get a burlap sack with an oversized $ sign on it. Then try to convince them that its all there by weighing it.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
Say they're only allowed it if you get to flick every coin at the cashiers face.
If they say no, do it anyway.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Wait until there is a lot of people in and join the queue.

Get to the checkout and count them out one at a time in the style of Count from Sesame Street.

"One hahahaha"

"Two hahahaha"

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Well; I know that around here, the law obliges you to accept any payment made in up to 50 coins, more than that and you can choose whether you take it or not. So you'd have to go four times (and sneak a few extra into every time).

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Disguise yourself as a pensioner and pick out every coin very slowly. When you're about halfway lose count and start again.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
Rawne1980 said:

Get to the checkout and count them out one at a time in the style of Count from Sesame Street.

"One hahahaha"

"Two hahahaha"
do this and lose count a few times hahaha!

Unsilenced

Oct 19, 2009
Luftwaffles said:
Get a burlap sack with an oversized $ sign on it. Then try to convince them that its all there by weighing it.
I second this notion, but dress like you just robbed a bank. Wear a ratty suit and have a clown mask in your hand.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
teqrevisited said:
Disguise yourself as a pensioner and pick out every coin very slowly. When you're about halfway lose count and start again.
Bugs Bunny did this once I think. Or it was the old lady who owns Tweety. But yeah, she had a shitload of pennies to deposit at the bank, and she counted each one real slow.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
Unsilenced said:
Luftwaffles said:
I second this notion, but dress like you just robbed a bank. Wear a ratty suit and have a clown mask in your hand.
Be funnier if he went for the more traditional striped shirt small mask combo

tokae

Mar 21, 2011
Rawne1980 said:

"One hahahaha"

"Two hahahaha"
Sadly this would be wasted on almost every person in Sweden. Sesame Street never was that big over here.

Unsilenced said:
Luftwaffles said:

Do this! Then I will have something funny to read about in the morning-paper if nothing else.
:)

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
I read a story a couple of days ago about a guy who paid the last bit of his mortgage with 60000 (yes, sixty thousand) 1 cent coins. Keep saving for a good occasion. :p

farscythe

Dec 8, 2010
1 a day for 218 days. have a lil chat with whoevers behind the counter while your at it to.

now i think about it...thats actually just giving away your money very slowly...i may have failed to think this one through. but still

arkwright

Apr 1, 2009
laminate them in strips of ten and then make them into a dress.

pull one strip off at at time and watch the shopkeepers face.

Galaktia

Jul 4, 2010
Take them in to convert them, as for the converstion all in the next up coin size (2 or 5 crowns I assume)

Take your newly converted 108, or 23 coins to the next cashier and have them converted up again, continue to do this till you're left with a single note, or as close to as possible.