What is the greatest stealth game you have ever played?

Delta1

Apr 25, 2009
Okay, this topic is open to interpretation.

When I say stealth game I'm not going to be super strict on the whole stealth side of things. But, that said, the game must involve you killing some sorry ass' soul out of sight of the public eye. This must be the key idea of the game.

Also, for your game to count it must not be the easiest thing in the world to escape from the unfriendly A.I.
Also i would like to add that I will take the top 4 most common game/series mentioned and start a poll. The winning game will be crowned greatest stealth game EVER!!!
For this my vote goes to the entire Hitman series. Fantastic tactical, cloak and dagger game.

Havok985

May 21, 2009
Splinter Cell: Double Agent, simply because the multi-player mode is what set it apart from the rest.

Terrik

Mar 21, 2009
The game that really made things going for the genre, Thief The Dark Project.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Metal Gear Solid 2 was great, but my vote is for Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

Avida

Oct 17, 2008
MGS3, i'll admit i've stayed rather shy of the stealth genre outside of MGS but still thats one of my favorite games of all time.

Insallah

Apr 16, 2009
the first Splinter Cell on PS2 backintheday, as a purely "stealthy" game it takes the first price tho MGS2: Sons of Liberty is alot better game as a whole.
I played Hitman like a regular shooter mostly cos I enjoyed the rag-doll effect so much :)
also, it was hellishly hard.

Fingerprint

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2008
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, yes it had its faults but I loved it.

Honourable mention should go to Thief 2 - my second favourite stealth game.

Delta1

Apr 25, 2009
Tenmar said:
Was always a fan of the original Tenchu. Rating and score was rated on kills and stealth but also had competant combat where if you were caught you had the option of running away or taking them head on. Great free roaming 3-d environment that did not have linear paths.
Yes I agree on what you have said about Tenchu but the A.I was never hard to fight off if you were caught.

Delta1

Apr 25, 2009
xmetatr0nx said:
You know i managed to make Fallout 3 into a really fun stealth game. Just me in my Rangers armor, my reservist rifle, and very high stealth rating on my chracter. I would clear our rooms and leave everyone dead in their seats.
odubya23 said:
I really enjoy the silenced weapons in FarCry 2. If you nail someone with the silenced pistol, for example, his buddies only know if they were either real close, or looking at him when you did it.
Okay, I don't think you two get the idea behind this thread. The choesen game must be specifically orientated around stealth. Yes, I know you can make a fair job at playing through Fallout3 as a stealth game but you did not adhere to my rules, the A.I must be virtually imposible to escape from. And as for Farcry2, WTF????!