What is the greatest stealth game you have ever played?

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
odubya23 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
odubya23 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
odubya23 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
Delta1 said:
xmetatr0nx said:
You know i managed to make Fallout 3 into a really fun stealth game. Just me in my Rangers armor, my reservist rifle, and very high stealth rating on my chracter. I would clear our rooms and leave everyone dead in their seats.
odubya23 said:
I really enjoy the silenced weapons in FarCry 2. If you nail someone with the silenced pistol, for example, his buddies only know if they were either real close, or looking at him when you did it.
Okay, I don't think you two get the idea behind this thread. The choesen game must be specifically orientated around stealth. Yes, I know you can make a fair job at playing through Fallout3 as a stealth game but you did not adhere to my rules, the A.I must be virtually imposible to escape from. And as for Farcry2, WTF????!
I agree, far cry 2 was awful for stealth
Well, number one, it says plain as day at the top of the thread that 'stealth game' is open to interpretation. Number two, Far Cry 2 was pretty neat for stealth, it just wasn't easy to play that way, which also makes sense when you think about it. There is a togglable crouch button which reduces your visibility, improvable with the purchase of camoflage at the weapon store. Also the enemy's visibility is effected by darkness or alertness and audio cues. Use of silenced weapons actually has a noticable game effect.

So, let's sum up. Far Cry 2 has silenced weapons, a togglable 'stealth mode', and you can actually try to sneak around without making noise. Did you guys even try to play the game from a stealth approach?
Yes I did try it that way, but seeing as the developers themselves admitted that they threw in the stealth option last minute, I wouldn't call it a stealth game at all.
Well, I made it work on infamous level. Maybe I'm just better at playing videogames than you.
Or maybe your a self-righteous troll.
Self-righteous?!?
Yes, look it up, it means one who is convinced of his own beliefs, and is intolerant of the views of others.

Plauged1

Mar 6, 2009
The original MGS. The only stealth game where I found the stealth to be enjoyable. But I do want to try Assassins Creed. That game much good for stealth AND action?

AnimeOutlaw

Feb 26, 2009
I would have to say, Splinter cell games had the "sneak up and kill from the shadows" win, but Hitman was more tactical. I mean you kill a guy, drag him out of plain sight, and then take his clothes to pretend to be him till you find your target

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
AnimeOutlaw said:
I would have to say, Splinter cell games had the "sneak up and kill from the shadows" win, but Hitman was more tactical. I mean you kill a guy, drag him out of plain sight, and then take his clothes to pretend to be him till you find your target
I love 'em both, two of my favorite games are blood money and chaos theory

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
odubya23 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
odubya23 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
odubya23 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
odubya23 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
Delta1 said:
xmetatr0nx said:
You know i managed to make Fallout 3 into a really fun stealth game. Just me in my Rangers armor, my reservist rifle, and very high stealth rating on my chracter. I would clear our rooms and leave everyone dead in their seats.
odubya23 said:
I really enjoy the silenced weapons in FarCry 2. If you nail someone with the silenced pistol, for example, his buddies only know if they were either real close, or looking at him when you did it.
Okay, I don't think you two get the idea behind this thread. The choesen game must be specifically orientated around stealth. Yes, I know you can make a fair job at playing through Fallout3 as a stealth game but you did not adhere to my rules, the A.I must be virtually imposible to escape from. And as for Farcry2, WTF????!
Well, number one, it says plain as day at the top of the thread that 'stealth game' is open to interpretation. Number two, Far Cry 2 was pretty neat for stealth, it just wasn't easy to play that way, which also makes sense when you think about it. There is a togglable crouch button which reduces your visibility, improvable with the purchase of camoflage at the weapon store. Also the enemy's visibility is effected by darkness or alertness and audio cues. Use of silenced weapons actually has a noticable game effect.

So, let's sum up. Far Cry 2 has silenced weapons, a togglable 'stealth mode', and you can actually try to sneak around without making noise. Did you guys even try to play the game from a stealth approach?
Yes I did try it that way, but seeing as the developers themselves admitted that they threw in the stealth option last minute, I wouldn't call it a stealth game at all.
Well, I made it work on infamous level. Maybe I'm just better at playing videogames than you.
Self-righteous?!?
Yes, look it up, it means one who is convinced of his own beliefs, and is intolerant of the views of others.
I'm not intolerant, I just think you're wrong. I assure you, I can tolerate mistakes.
And wrong at what is the question?

TriggerUnhappy

Mar 4, 2009
Really loved Metal Gear Solid 3, but my favorite is Hitman: Blood Money just for the sheer flexibility in the ways you can kill your targets, I'm still discovering new ways to dispose of them. Plus, ragdoll physics makes everything more fun.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
The very first Tenchu game. I played that game to death.

Sad matter is, stealth games have barely improved since that game.

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
odubya23 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
odubya23 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
odubya23 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
odubya23 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
odubya23 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
Delta1 said:
xmetatr0nx said:
odubya23 said:

Self-righteous?!?
I'm not intolerant, I just think you're wrong. I assure you, I can tolerate mistakes.
What, with all this stuff written above you still can't keep track of your argument? I think that your incorrect about the abilty to play Far Cry 2 as a stealth game, whether or not it was meant to be played that way from the beginning of it's development or just thrown in at the end. It can be done, I had a great time with the extra difficulty. It just takes a little more patience that maybe you're ready to commit to a videogame.
Your very pretentious, this entire thread was devoted to stealth games, and seeing as far cry 2 is an open world fps, it should not have been mentioned to begin with. But if we are indeed considering it a stealth game, then it is a poorly conceived one, with awful AI. Now in regards to your comments about being better at games, and committing time to them, thats just plain trolling. In conclusion, far cry 2 is NOT a stealth game, it can be played as a poor rendition of a stealth game if so desired.

sgtshock

Feb 11, 2009
The Thief series (any of them) are definetly my #1 pick. It has everything you want in a stealth game: open-ended missions, fun stealth mechanics, and a few scare-your-pants-off missions.

Second place goes to Hitman Blood Money, simply for giving you so many choices. You can make subtle, stealthy kills, try to stage an accident, or if you're up to it, go in guns blazing, leaving no witness alive.

Smowy

May 19, 2009
All the splinter cell games wear down my quickload and quicksave buttons.
Trust me, double agent on 360 was hard because of the lack of the two magical buttons I just mentioned.

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
odubya23 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
odubya23 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
odubya23 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
odubya23 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
odubya23 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
odubya23 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
Delta1 said:
xmetatr0nx said:
odubya23 said:

Self-righteous?!?
What, with all this stuff written above you still can't keep track of your argument? I think that your incorrect about the abilty to play Far Cry 2 as a stealth game, whether or not it was meant to be played that way from the beginning of it's development or just thrown in at the end. It can be done, I had a great time with the extra difficulty. It just takes a little more patience that maybe you're ready to commit to a videogame.
Your very pretentious, this entire thread was devoted to stealth games, and seeing as far cry 2 is an open world fps, it should not have been mentioned to begin with. But if we are indeed considering it a stealth game, then it is a poorly conceived one, with awful AI. Now in regards to your comments about being better at games, and committing time to them, thats just plain trolling. In conclusion, far cry 2 is NOT a stealth game, it can be played as a poor rendition of a stealth game if so desired.
Well, why don't you enlighten me about what makes a stealth game? BTW, you may wish to look up pretension, I don't think it means what you think it means. After all, the thread IS about MY opinion of what the best stealth game I'VE played is. If you can't handle a little free-spirited debate where it belongs then I hardly think my comment about patience is out of line.
A stealth game dear friend, is a game that revolves around being stealthy, an open world Fps is not a stealth game, rather it has a stealth option to it. In referring to your comment about free-spirited debate, I thought that was what this is, and might I remind you, you initiated the debate after I said I thought the stealth in far cry 2 was awful, so your previous comment is both arrogant and misguided.

Delta1

Apr 25, 2009
VitalSigns said:
I Really liked Assassins creed, despite everyone saying its horrible.
I meant to say this, but, although the theme of Asassain's Creed is stealth they incorporated the close combat system so that the A.I could be beaten and escaped from. Beacause of this I do not count this as a classic stealth game.

Delta1

Apr 25, 2009
odubya23 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
odubya23 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
odubya23 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
odubya23 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
odubya23 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
odubya23 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
odubya23 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
Delta1 said:
xmetatr0nx said:
odubya23 said:

Arrogant, perhaps, misguided, I'm not so sure. I'm glad we can agree we're having a debate. While, it's true, Far Cry 2 didn't have "super stealth spectacular" written on it's box, one can play the game entirely in stealth mode and this will change the way the game is played.

Self-righteous?!?
Well, why don't you enlighten me about what makes a stealth game? BTW, you may wish to look up pretension, I don't think it means what you think it means. After all, the thread IS about MY opinion of what the best stealth game I'VE played is. If you can't handle a little free-spirited debate where it belongs then I hardly think my comment about patience is out of line.
A stealth game dear friend, is a game that revolves around being stealthy, an open world Fps is not a stealth game, rather it has a stealth option to it. In referring to your comment about free-spirited debate, I thought that was what this is, and might I remind you, you initiated the debate after I said I thought the stealth in far cry 2 was awful, so your previous comment is both arrogant and misguided.
I don't know. How do you figure misguided? It's true the box didn't say "super stealth spectacular" on it. But one could still play the whole game in stealth mode, changing many of the looser dynamics. No, you can't complete the game with the stealth ability alone, but playing with it on will change how the game behaves compared to how it plays with it off. Your telling me that a game has to have a self-declared stealth cored gameplay element? Well, I'm looking at the box now, and it says "Open world gameplay gives you total freedom to play the game you want in a world totally without limits."

So, if I want to play FarCry 2 as a stealth game, I have the freedom to do so in my open world game. One expressed style of play doesn't preclude another, inferred one.

I began this thread and if you had read my first post you should recognise that those words are a guideline. But, that said the games you use must be classic stealth games and must be orientated towards stealth to count.

Please note, I very much respect your opinion and respect that you would defend a game so diligently but this thread is about cloak and dagger games and Farcry2 is only an fps. I would like to thank all who took time to post on this thread.