What is the hardest game for you to track down?

Canon Fodder

Feb 3, 2011
Like the subject says, what was the hardest game for you to track down? I know that you can go onto ebay and get almost any game, but what was the hardest for you to find at the game stores in your area that you play on a regular basis?

Myself it was the first Disgaia. Took me two years of hardcore looking at various local game shops to find it.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
since I only but retail and Im a PC gamer some games its hit or miss others are pretty much impossible to get

I always wanted to play KOTOR however for some weird reason the second one poped up in stores but the first one..still couldnt get it

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Alan Christopher said:
Like the subject says, what was the hardest game for you to track down? I know that you can go onto ebay and get almost any game, but what was the hardest for you to find at the game stores in your area that you play on a regular basis?

Myself it was the first Disgaia. Took me two years of hardcore looking at various local game shops to find it.
Evolution Worlds.

Because Linear is worth it. :p

Also, counting non-store, every Cardcaptor Sakura Game.

Seriously, harder to find than Christ.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
Naval Ops: Warship Gunner 2.

Hardest game to find. Ever. Been looking ever since I found out about it. 2 years and counting.

hyzaku

Mar 1, 2010
Chrono Trigger. I played it (rented) a bit as a kid but could never find it to buy anywhere. Then around 2002 I found it sitting in a used games case at an EB Games. I was so glad I had been saving my money and bought it immediately. It was oddly enough in great condition for a used game with no box. It only had a single file with about 3 hours of time on it. I felt real good about getting it and have played the hell out of it since.

SirOddington

Nov 15, 2010
A boxed copy of psychonauts on the pc. It's available on pretty much every downloadable game platform but there's nothing quite like falling asleep with a hard, plastic copy of your favourite game in your arms.

This first post is going to come back and haunt me isn't it?

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
It was a CE of Morrowind, but thanks to Ebay, I found it. And at a good price, too.

Canon Fodder

Feb 3, 2011
SirOddington said:
A boxed copy of psychonauts on the pc. It's available on pretty much every downloadable game platform but there's nothing quite like falling asleep with a hard, plastic copy of your favourite game in your arms.

not unless you were also hugging a cabbage patch kid while sleeping on your star wars sheets.

bluemew1234

Oct 26, 2010
American McGee's Alice.

Took me a year and a half to track down a copy. Got to the point where the people at the store would recognize me and dash my dreams before I even had a chance to look in the case.

After a couple of "we sold it just yesterday"s, I finally got a copy.

Personally though, I think they were keeping all the copies of it in the back just to mess with me. A week after I get mine, the get another one that sits on the shelf for a month, gets sold, and is quickly replaced with ANOTHER copy.

Suuuuure, you just "happened" to get another copy......

SirOddington

Nov 15, 2010
Alan Christopher said:
SirOddington said:

not unless you were also hugging a cabbage patch kid while sleeping on your star wars sheets.
Mr Burns' reaction to being called the devil sums up this particular moment;

Who told you!?

Canon Fodder

Feb 3, 2011
SirOddington said:
Alan Christopher said:
SirOddington said:

Mr Burns' reaction to being called the devil sums up this particular moment;

Who told you!?
a little known fact: The cabbage patch kids had video cameras for eyes.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Breakdown. Good luck trying to find that when every Gamestop only sells PS2 games now and not Xbox.

RoyalSorceress

Jun 15, 2010
SomeLameStuff said:
Digimon Rumble Arena 2.

I STILL haven't found it!
There been a copy of that at my Gamestop since forever. Been thinking about getting ever since my copy of the first one was broken.

I had a really hard time finding Psychonauts and Metal Gear Solid:Twin Snakes.
I'm STILL trying to get my hands on Persona 4. It was at the Gamestop for a while when I didn't have money. But when I finally had money someone already bought it.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
TES IV Oblivion I had to import it from the US the only copy I could find was in Germany and in german (with no option to change the language)

benwins

Dec 29, 2008
It took me a good couple of years of somewhat constant searching to find Blood Omen, the first legacy of kain game. That was probably the longest its ever taken.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
REZ

I want this game so bad, yet no place has it and if they do, some asshole has reserved it and no one can buy it... fuckers >>