What is the most irritating ending?

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
Grunt_Man11 said:
necromanzer52 said:
AgDr_ODST said:
Halo 2: of course.....who wasn't pissed at 'sir Finishing this fight...*roll Credits*'
I may be the only one.
I wasn't pissed at the ending of Halo 2.

Why? For a number of reasons:

1) I had just fought the brute, Tatarius (or however you spell his name), as the Arbiter. That guy was one step from having a neon sign over his head with the words, "FINAL BOSS!"

2) I had gotten plenty of hours of gameplay already. Anyone who says otherwise can't tell time.

3) I hadn't convinced myself that Halo 2 would be the last Halo game. Seriously, it seems that a lot of the people who complain about the ending expected Halo 2 to be the last game. To those people I just say, "delusional much?"

4) Were any of you listening to the music that was playing in the background? It was grade A "end of the movie/game" music.

There were plenty of hints, some borderline obvious, that you were reaching the end of the campaign in Halo 2. It was a FPS for crying out loud, not a JRPG.
Yeah! What he said.

Lord_Nemesis

Paragon Printer
Nov 28, 2010
I am quite surrised no-one has posted this one yet:

Clive Barker's Jericho.

AMAZING game and you get to the end boss battle in which you fight what amounts to God's most powerful and fucked up creation using a fight system which I thought was quite unique if not easy and you win blah, blah, blah... jump in a pond.

End.

I am not kidding. You literally jump into a pond and thats you. I stared at the monitor for like 5 minutes in a WTF state. Total Retardiness.

Randomperson9999999

Sep 16, 2010
fallout new vegas at least in fallout 3 they gave dlc to continue but i heard about the next 2 dlcs for fnv and they dont seem to be after the main campaign

Kadoodle

Nov 2, 2010
Exterminas said:
The Ending of that new South Park Episode.
They are going into the summer break with THAT?!

I second this. What's worse is that they hinted that this might be one of the last, if not THE last season.

PorkChopXpress

Huzzah!
Aug 8, 2010
Deadwood, Oz, Dead Rising 2, every Resident Evil game, Chronicles of Riddick Dark Athena and Butcher Bay (I just hate really short endings)
I guess I'm one of the few that liked L.A. Noire's ending.

bob1052

Oct 12, 2010
Spawny0908 said:
Borderlands ending was just Godawful and stupid.
Opening up Pandora's Vault (Box) had something evil inside.

It still shocks me to this day how many people were surprised by this.

Dawns Gate

May 2, 2011
The Mist.

I felt like that film flipped me the bird.... like really, they (if you've seen it you know who I'm talking about) showed up right after he (again if you've seen it you know what I'm talking about) did that?

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Fist of the North Star: Ok, why is his girlfriend running away from him?

Monkey Island 2: The ending was an insult/bad joke even for a comedy game, the fact that no sequel was ever intended made it worse

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: 2 of my favorite characters killed off screen for no particular reason except to add a 'butchers bill'

Kotor 2: Unfinished game made the end a bit of a confused mishmash

AlexWinter

Jun 24, 2009
God of War 3. Not that he used the sword of olympus to.. yano. But that after the credits they show blood leading offscreen and no body.

That was such a good way to end it, I felt like that was the ultimate way Kratos' story could have ended without the character being any less of a badass. But the way that they left that cliffhanger just pissed me off. IT WAS PERFECT!!!

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
this isnt my name said:
Anything where the hero beats impossible odds and they all live happily ever after.
Theres nothing wrong with a JRPG!

Except for the ending of Eternal Sonata....

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
Fallout 3. Until Broken Steel came out.

I mean, fuck. FAWKES/CHARON/SERGEANT RL-3 IS RIGHT THERE! THEY CAN PRESS BUTTONS! THEY DON"T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT RADIATION!

LikeDustInTheWind

Mar 29, 2010
Pargencia said:
Really guys? We've gone this far into the thread without a single mention of the Sopranos? It was so frustrating that they made a parody of it on Family guy, where they finished the episode mid-sentence. Note that it isn't a BAD ending, but it is really the most irritating thing I can think of. Seriously, imagine if I just finished this repl
In the original script for the episode it was supposed to look a lot more like Tony was about to get killed. They cut off about 10 seconds to make it more ambiguous.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
SoopaSte123 said:
mazzjammin22 said:
SoopaSte123 said:
The ending of No Country For Old Men. Seriously... what the hell? Maybe it made more sense in the book? I just don't know.
No, not really. The movie really follows the book to a T if my memory serves correct. I thought I was missing a few chapters when I finished.
Good to know they didn't just botch the movie ending, I guess. Hahaha.
It's about death. As you get closer to it you'll probably appreciate this ending more. Watch it again in 40 years time, you'll probably see it completely differently.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
Anything with pure, raw, deus ex machina.

Not Chekov's gun, not fridge brilliance.

Avatar: The Last Airbender comes to mind.

punkrocker27

Mar 24, 2009
I could not have given a shit when John Marston died. His cool badassery really started to wear off because of the fact that he barely had any character flaws, and his cynical attitude towards everything severely wore on my nerves. Not only that but his death was totally obvious. Yeah okay Mr. Perfect, if I saw your death coming from a mile away how come you couldn't avoid it huh? What's your snide excuse for that you cowboy dick?
I wonder what it is with Rockstar and these downer endings. Red Dead Redemption's real ending, while extremely sad, was pretty good.
L.A. Noire's just felt like a spit in the fucking face.

TheHappySquid

Feb 2, 2011
A lot of these are just cliffhangers, not particularly bad. Maybe people just don't like cliffhangers.

OT: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Bringing a perfectly dead, and now, unimportant to the storyline bad guy back to life to be a good guy, makes no sense. Especially when you don't really explain how he's still alive even in the next movie, how did he get back by himself? If it was Calypso, (or whoever she is) on her own, why do they need a captain to go get Jack? Why can't she do it herself? And why was she bringing him back in the first place? Did she see this coming? And why doesn't he care that they killed him? He's fine to go along with them as if nothing happened.

FFS. When the credits rolled in the cinema, there was just five seconds of shock, and then about a year of rage until the next one came out.

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
Quellist said:
Monkey Island 2: The ending was an insult/bad joke even for a comedy game, the fact that no sequel was ever intended made it worse
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it had something to do with Ron Gilbert leaving the studio; he purposely killed off the franchise to make sure it wouldn't get a sequel.

I thought it was pretty funny, if a bit Monty Pythonish.

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
For me its a tie between Kain and Lynch and Army of Two: 40th day. Both of these games have muiltipule endings and all of them seem designed to punish you for beating the games.

Voodoomancer

Jun 8, 2009
"It was all a dream"

If that one is used in seriousness, said story can most likely go drown in a ditch.