What is the most overused/annoying game-related meme?

HavoK 09

Apr 1, 2010
i used to hate the cake is a lie meme,

but then i took an arrow to the meme...

SERIOSLY THAT IS EVERYWHERE AND NO LONGER FUNNY

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I'm going to go with "The cake is a lie" although that arrow to the knee and that Fus Do Rah thing are getting pretty annoying pretty quickly.

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
I don't know what's the most annoying. I actually like memes. I mean, I see "The cake is a lie" and "I took an arrow to the knee" all the time, but I still smile.

What bothers me is when people who don't know why they're saying it start using it. They don't know it's a video game reference; they just hear it and start using it. That's what's the most annoying part of memes for me.

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
Anything related to Chuck Norris.

Seriously. It's over.

TorturedAvatar

Jan 26, 2011
I'm going to say something other than "The cake is a lie" or "I took an arrow to the knee" - the one that annoys me most is clips from the CDi Mario game. For example...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvLGgV4HWQY

At least the Zelda CDi game was so goofy that it was kinda funny. The Mario one's just painful.

Soulfoodman

Dec 20, 2009
David Bjur said:
Memes are often just "Easy jokes" because when there is something where you have to think a little before you post it then there are nearly no chance for it to catch on.
OT: Arrow in the knee and The cake is a lie

I often respond too Arrow in the knee jokes with "Do you ever get laid? Oh what am I saying, of course you don't."
That's the best response to that shit meme I have ever read. I love making jokes like that to people that throw memes around in real life.

Magicmad5511

May 26, 2011
Any of them that are just quoted blindly instead of employed even vaguely intelligently.

To be more specific though?
First was Cake=Lie.
It was a significant thing within the game that caused a sense of dread as it's true meaning becomes realized.
When quoted it is meaningless and annoying.

The other is Arrow to the knee.
Random quote. Means nothing. I don't care. Bit funny but not enough.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
PsychedelicDiamond said:
I wanted to say "The cake is a lie" is the most annoying gaming related internet meme.

But then i took an arrow to the knee.
I wanted to say that taking an arrow to the knee was the more annoying gaming related internet meme.

But then I took a sword to the chest.

I think most, if not all of them are annoying as crap.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
Lord Revan 117 said:
JesterRaiin said:
Different question :
Games. Meme. Annoyance.
Isn't that a sign that your attention is focused too much on single activity ?
This is a video game forum, I have other hobbies but in this forum people talk about video games. Me talking on the internet about internet memes that originated in video games, on a video game forum doesnt mean I have no other activities to focus on you presumptuous twat.
Well, aren't we quick to jump into (wrong) conclusions, eh ?
Let me make it a little more obvious for you...

your attention is focused too much on single activity
There you go, no need to thank me or apologize...

MysticToast

Jul 28, 2010
I don't ever actually find memes annoying. If a meme is funny to me the first time, I'll at least smile every time I hear it after. I've also never understood how people can get so upset about them.