What is the most rediculous thing someone has said to you as a matter of fact about a video game...

Worr Monger

Jan 21, 2008
Not sure if this qualifies.... But I recently found this to be both ridiculous and disgusting:

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/resident-evil-5/951360p1.html [pagename.html]

EDIT: Hmmm somehow the click-able link comes up as an error... should work if you copy/paste though.

Bertruam

Feb 7, 2009
One time a person at a friends church told me that video games emit microwaves that compel me to worship Satan. In all seriousness. He wasn't even in the conversation, but he walked all the way across the room to get his two cents in.

Well I still play a lot of video games and no Satan worshiping.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
"Halo Wars os going to suck because it only has 2 races."-said by me and now that I have played the demo, well I was wrong, this game plays exceptionally well.

by the way there is over 500 replies on this O.O

Hunde Des Krieg

Sep 30, 2008
Bertruam said:
One time a person at a friends church told me that video games emit microwaves that compel me to worship Satan. In all seriousness. He wasn't even in the conversation, but he walked all the way across the room to get his two cents in.

Well I still play a lot of video games and no Satan worshiping.
Pfft, maybe not you...
Joking. Microwaves can't compel anyone to do anything, they just heat up the water molecules in your body, and cook you alive.

teh_gunslinger

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better.
Dec 6, 2007
ThaBenMan said:
Failhammer said:
I know someone who once thought you could use Gamerscore points to buy things on the Xbox Live marketplace.
<_< I used to think that, lol. To be fair, it was before I had my Xbox.

I have nothing else to contribute. I... don't hang out with morons?
Until quite recently, after a little trip to wikipedia, I used to think that the two were pretty much the same. I figured as they were both points it would be the same.
Turns out I was wrong, though I now know that I'll never get the DLC for Fallout 3 as I won't use GFWL. Should add that I also don't have a 360.
Why must MS insist on converting my perfectly good money to their lame space points? What's wrong with just charging the amount on my credit card? PSN (to a degree), Impulse and Steam does that. /off topic

Jimmyjames

Jan 4, 2008
I had a friend that claimed he could get out of the "minus worlds" in Super Mario Brothers. There was another kid that said there were "Plus Worlds", too.

Are.Oh.Why

Apr 30, 2008
SwiftFlux said:
"Samus is a guy, I can prove it."
"Mario and Luigi don't have a last name."
Hahaha Unless Samus is a trannie, and I'm almost certain "Mario Bros." explains the 2nd one, hilarious dude. I wish someone said that to me

NXMT

Jan 29, 2009
That there's a Japanese version of Guitar Hero with L'Arc-en-Ciel. He seemed so convinced, I didn't have the heart to tell him otherwise.

DoW Lowen

Exarch
Jan 11, 2009
This is how a typical conversation in platform games and many games that involve jumping went with me and my friend...

"I'm telling you, you can make that jump"
"You clearly can't, if I try to jump I'm going to land face first"
"Nah, it'll be alright"
"The checkpoint is ages away, I''m not going to do it, cause I know you're wrong"
"Don't be a fag"
"What does that have to do with anything?"
"I don't know, just do it man!"
"Fuck, I'm telling you, it cannot be done"
"Do it!"
"Fine... fuck......... What the fuck did I tell you?"
"You didn't do it properly"
"There was an invisible wall there, you weren't meant to make that jump."
"You're suppose to jump OVER the invisible wall."
"Fuck you. Get out we're not friends anymore"

darnel64

Feb 9, 2009
"If you finish Silent hill twenty times you can drive the ambulance"

Yeah.....Um no.

Draygen

Jan 7, 2009
Jumplion said:
"Solid Snake's real name is Iraquoi Simmons."

.....I....have no....idea....where the hell....he got that from.

I even disproved it by going to the Metal Gear wiki and showing to him that his real name is David.
Prove/disprove and "wiki" don't belong in the same sentence. I don't know (nor care) if you're right or wrong, but wiki proves nothing.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
SaGa Frontier sucks.
Chrono Trigger is so much better than Chrono Cross.
Pokemon sucks.

etc...

TheFace

Feb 6, 2009
"Metal Gear Solid 4 is coming out for Xbox 360" - cracks me up every time.

Failhammer said:
I know someone who once thought you could use Gamerscore points to buy things on the Xbox Live marketplace.
You can't? Haha... my roommate recently got a 360 (I'm a PS3 man myself) and talked about how cool it was that you could buy things like Braid and Street Fighter II with Gamer Achievement points! Hahaha...

Kyuumi

Jan 12, 2009
Reg5879 said:
My mate has been saying for months his gonna buy an Xbox 360 and he has told me on more than one occasion, it makes me laugh coz I imagine him getting the RROD and me just laughing at him lol.
Dear me, fanboys like you annoy me so much, try fixing the grammar too, it is letting your one-man army down...

By the way, I've had my Xbox 360 for two years and haven't had the Red Ring of Death once.

Syphonz

Aug 22, 2008
Kellerb said:
Asehujiko said:
Vanguard1219 said:
Ignorant fucking cretins. Everything Games Workshop makes that people say they stole from Blizzard predates everything Blizzard has ever made.
This qualifies too.

The settings are very similar due to GW hiring Blizzard to make a WH game for them and then can it after Blizzard made the entire game for them so instead of letting themselves go bankrupt they changed some names and released it on their own. Turns out the game was a goldmine so they make a sequel, an expansion for it, a sci-fi spinoff, an expansion for that, another sequel with an expansion and a mmo with at this date, two exansions. GW was ofcourse kicking themselves in the head for their idiodicy so to cover up their decable for their shareholders they convinced their fans that EVERYTHING was Blizzard's fault and nor the fact that the games they license are typicaly crap nowadays(need i cite soulstorm?), their once interesting background material turned into a Smurfs fanwank and that they charge a rediculous ammount of money for their minis.($100 for a squad of Necron Immortals). Then they begged EA to make them rich again and were given EA Mythic, which took WoW, poured a bucket of grimdark on it, left the hype machine running overnight and called it a warhammer game.

Name me one thing other then "psuedo medival setting" that war invented and was later copied by wow. And by "war" and "wow" i mean the games "Age of Reckoning" and "World of Warcraft" and not "gw's entire ip range and everything licenced thereoff" and "wrath of the lich king" as people like you seem to read it more often then not.

Oh, and i dare you to call the protoss a ripoff of the tau.
the protoss is a ripoff of the tau.
I thought the protoss were the re-named Eldar. The Tau didn't come into the lore of 40k until FireWarrior in 2003 no?

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
Syphonz said:
I thought the protoss were the re-named Eldar. The Tau didn't come into the lore of 40k until FireWarrior in 2003 no?
2001 if memory serves.

Tinlion

Feb 9, 2009
"The next Xbox is going to be called the Xbox 3Z."

This was just after the 360 was released.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Draygen said:
Jumplion said:
"Solid Snake's real name is Iraquoi Simmons."

.....I....have no....idea....where the hell....he got that from.

I even disproved it by going to the Metal Gear wiki and showing to him that his real name is David.
Prove/disprove and "wiki" don't belong in the same sentence. I don't know (nor care) if you're right or wrong, but wiki proves nothing.
Fine, here's what I got when typing up "Solid Snake's real name" in google;

http://groups.msn.com/metalgearsolidnet/characters2.msnw

Code Name: Solid Snake
Sex: Male
Nationality: American
Height: 182cm
Voice: David Hayter/Akio Otsuka

You CANNOT tell me that I'm not right now. It's NOT Irroquoi Simmons! IT'S NOT GOD DAMNIT! I think he was slightly traumatized by the way I yelled at him at his stupidness, but twas all in good fun.

mastertang said:
Let me geuss last name Hayter? That's the voice actor not the character.
No, Solid Snake's real name is David [last name unknown]. I know it's extremely convenient, but his real name is David.