What is the most unusual or funniest enemy you can ever recall trying to kill you in a game?

Brad Calkins

May 21, 2011
I used to play MUDs for quite a while and, being a non-visual medium, they have the ability to pit you against things that literally cannot be depicted in video games, including the colour red, and War, not the horseman, but the actual concept of war.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
This isn't exactly the most unusual, but in the first Halo, you can shoot the arms off a flood form and they'll just follow you around.
I'm sure they're AI is telling them to hurt me but they have NO way of doing so.

crusador90

Nov 16, 2011

Look out! It's a killer cucumber with a spear!

Dragon Quest is full of strange enemies out to get ya.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
Nomad of the Stars said:
Shadow Rise always weirded me out, I think because of the sound she makes combined with the way she moves when she casts spells.

Squidge squidge...

FEAST YOUR EYES!
Persona 3 Arcana bosses are quite unique in their looks, but Hierophant gets the prize

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Lilani said:
I rather love the Retro New-Age Hippie in Earthbound.
It's been a while since I played it, but I quite enjoyed the concept of being attacked by sentient stop-signs.

Nomad of the Stars

Oct 28, 2012
IllumInaTIma said:
FEAST YOUR EYES!
Persona 3 Arcana bosses are quite unique in their looks, but Hierophant gets the prize
Oh yeah, Persona 3's bosses were weird as hell too. The boss in the train (Priestess?) always sticks in my mind most though, I think again because of the sounds it made. Both Persona 3 and 4 had pretty interesting and unique enemy designs, as well as the Persona's themselves.

Let's not forget the literal penis chariot that is Mara, which I won't even show on here for fear of incurring moderator wrath.

Lucky Godzilla

Oct 31, 2012
The baby necromorphs from Dead Space is pretty high up there. Think about it, these little guys climb walls in a way that would make spiderman proud, and on top of that shoot chunks of their own skeleton at you via three tentacles that protrude out their backs. You know, considering the length of those tentacles, they are probably comprised of the babies small intestine.

Man, viscreal must employ some really "creative" people. I mean seriously, who thinks shit like that up?

Blitsie

Jul 2, 2012
Those cute little gnomes in Overlord 2 get my vote. You just can't help but laugh (maniacally) as you curbstomp the living hell out of them after even their best efforts to destroy you prove to be beyond futile.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Sack of Cheese said:
The three old ladies in Fallout NV if you have Wild Wasteland perk. They really caught me off-guard!!
It didn't help that I'd just been fisted by a robot as well.

I think my first encounter with a legendary thing in New Vegas actually made me shit myself, having not heard anything about them beforehand. I mean regular Cazadors were terrifying enough. Then I found the legendary bloatfly pretty hilarious.

Also trying to defeat Flemeth rather early on in Dragon Age Origins surprised me a lot, I may have reconsidered that course of action had I known she would transform into a giant freaking dragon.

Adept Mechanicus

Oct 14, 2012
From Alpha Protocol, Konstantin Brayko: a coked-up, knife-wielding, 80s-obsessed Russian drug lord in a purple leopard-skin jacket. His main battle tactic is to shoot at you for a bit, then snort some apparently super-powered cocaine and come at you with a knife. All while Turn up the Radio plays in the background.

"How many gay cheetahs had to die to make that jacket?"
-Mike Thorton upon seeing Brayko for the first time.

snappydog

Sep 18, 2010
Probably the Poos in Blue Dragon. I mean... it was a weird game as it was, but being assaulted by what were apparently literally poos every few steps was a bizarre experience.

SideSmash

May 24, 2011
The enemies in Splinter Cell: Conviction are so on-edge it's funny.

*Sam makes faint noise*

"HOLY FUCK IS THAT FISHER?! GET ON YOUR FUCKING GUARD, HE'S AROUND HERE SOMEWHERE! COME OUT, YOU BASTARD!"

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
snappydog said:
Probably the Poos in Blue Dragon. I mean... it was a weird game as it was, but being assaulted by what were apparently literally poos every few steps was a bizarre experience.
That's what I was going to say. The Poo Snakes were definitely odd ones, esp. the giant one that was shat out by the cyborg T-Rex near the end of the game who was otherwise a pretty badass boss.

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
Anything in "I wanna be the Guy!" would be my first twenty choices. Your starting enemies are apples or spike walls.
The angry sun in Mario also comes to mind pretty quickly. However anything inside or underneath the depths in Dark Souls is pretty weird looking.
Kopikatsu said:
The final boss of Metal Gear Rising. All phases.

"TASTE THE POWER OF AMERICA."

Also, the 'Fight House' in Metal Wolf Chaos. The White House that's been refitted with armor plating and heavy weapon systems.
I love that fight in Revengeance so much, it gives me enough reason to replay the game. Plus it allows me to displace some rage safely.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
Nomad of the Stars said:
IllumInaTIma said:
FEAST YOUR EYES!
Oh yeah, Persona 3's bosses were weird as hell too. The boss in the train (Priestess?) always sticks in my mind most though, I think again because of the sounds it made. Both Persona 3 and 4 had pretty interesting and unique enemy designs, as well as the Persona's themselves.

Let's not forget the literal penis chariot that is Mara, which I won't even show on here for fear of incurring moderator wrath.
And in Persona 3 it's hard to not use Mara since in has the strongest Fire spell in a game! Also, have you tried going to the Velvet Room with Mara as equipped Persona?

Puzzlenaut

Mar 11, 2011
One of the final bosses from Megaman X: The Face boss. I couldn't find a picture, so I'll just describe it: A big robotic face that filled up the entire screen that attacked you by detaching its nose and eyes and having them fly around the screen after and sometimes fire lasers. It was fucking mental.

Xarathox

Feb 12, 2013
Deer, foxes and bunny rabbits in Skyrim. They're normally docile and run from the PC, but if a Spriggan is nearby they'll immediately command any and all wildlife in the vicinity to attack you on sight. As they are the only non-hostil creatures in the game, it's funny when they're commanded to attack and end up just following you instead, since the devs never gave them attack animations.

Keith Fraser

Mar 12, 2012
-The Chinchilla Bhaalspawn from Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal.
-The "giant testicle" headcrab hive-queen thing from Half-Life. Come to that, the giant psychic foetus final boss.
-The original Duke Nukem had Energizer Bunnies as enemies. If you let them hit you they spun out of control and died, and you got more points than if you just shot them.