What is the most WTF love story/scene you've seen in a game?

ShotgunSmoke

Apr 19, 2009
Indigo Prophecy.
Carla and Lucas have know each other for...like a week? They haven't show ANY affection for each other. Then Carla suddenly goes like "I love you!" and they have sex in an empty wagon surrounded by people outside.

Kain904

Apr 29, 2009
The Darkness, having to sit there and watch Jenny's murder and then watch your own character commit suside was messed up.

The_Healer

Jun 17, 2009
Meado said:
That was a love story?

I'd say the love story in The Force Unleashed. It was completely random. You could almost say it was... forced.
Aggh! Please never make a joke like that again.
But in essence I agree, that was weird.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Mass Effect, although I only know the romance scene with Liara though. It was just so incredibly corny, the writer of that whole relationship must've never loved someone before.

ghalkhsdkssakgh

Jul 16, 2009
Sketchy said:
Sonic the Hedgehog, the 2006 one. I haven't played it, but I've seen the video. YECH!

EDIT: Human and hedgehog for those wondering.
This man speaks the truth.

The Princess in Braid is also a bit of a mind fuck, but for different reasons.

dietpeachsnapple

May 27, 2009
Tenjo Tenge

Tier two hero falls for tier one heroine who falls for tier one hero who falls for tier two heroine who is fallen for by tier one baddy who is fallen for by tier two baddy...

If you are lost, GOOD, you should be, because it took them the entire first season to establish this bollixed up line of drama and ended the season just as poorly.

dark-amon

Aug 22, 2009
Sketchy said:
Sonic the Hedgehog, the 2006 one. I haven't played it, but I've seen the video. YECH!

EDIT: Human and hedgehog for those wondering.
That is one of the most disturbing things I've put myself through.

But then there's also Link/Midna. I mean: she's a flying imp that talk's weird. I do not think there's any need for a love story,(specially a transpecies one) in a zelda-game.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
The climax of the Man Festival in Shadow Hearts Covenant, an expression of love between two men, a teacher - the legendary wrestler 'The Great Gama', and his student - the vampire Joachim.

Even the other characters are thinking WTF?

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
versoth said:
Does the lack of a love story count?

If so, Half Life 2. All of it.

She's right fucking there, Gordon!
Isn't it sort of implied though?

Besides I think Barney notices.

EDIT: OT: I never played more than 5 minutes of Two Worlds (why oh why didn't I just listen to the reviews instead of wasting £25 I'll never know) but I read that there's some incestial tension between the lead and his sister.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
ShotgunSmoke said:
Indigo Prophecy.
Carla and Lucas have know each other for...like a week? They haven't show ANY affection for each other. Then Carla suddenly goes like "I love you!" and they have sex in an empty wagon surrounded by people outside.
That's true, although I found the playable sex scene worse, because it made me play it. :p

blazinwings

Aug 9, 2009
fear effect. the lesbian scene in the elevator. too funny.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fear+effect+elevator+scene&search_type=&aq=f

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Sonic 2006. Human on Hedgehog action. Really? What the fuck? Is there someone at Sonic Team who gets it up when they kiss?

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
I had a female character in Fallout 3 and went to Moriarty's pub where that hooker is and I ended up sleeping with her (Of course they don't show it) post-apocalyptic lesbians! How many times will I get to use that phrase?