What is... the nerdiest/geekist thing you've ever done?

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
There's so much...
First thing that comes to mind is that I pretty much read the D&D handbook all the way through.
Still haven't had a real game yet...

EDIT:
Just last friday, me and 5 friends set up five TV's in one room, and played the some of the most intense rounds of Black Ops ever. We took up an entire team yourselves. Our worst score were beating the best on the other team.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
DJ-Oli said:
Computer booted up properly, µTorrent started,350+ torrents seeding at full speed.
Holy Shit! Are you serious?!
Also, be careful talking about torrenting on here, the mods don't like it. I've been suspend twice for it.

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
To be honest, I don't get much nerdier than this when it comes to games...

Last Summer, or the one before (I honestly can't remember), I was SO into Spore that I started making these charts for my colonies, keeping track of the location of each, the upgrades I'd done, whether or not I'd painted them, and any wormholes close by and where they went.

stangman

Feb 14, 2011
I'm working construction this summer. For the last two weeks I have been discussing the finer points of Lovecraft, D&D, Deadlands, Halo, Kung Fu Panda, webcomics, Red vs. Blue, Dr. Horrible's sing along blog, Bruce Campbell, Lazers, whether pod people exist, and how Wolverine origins sucked, with other construction workers.

we also did a lot to build a green building

EGtodd09

Oct 20, 2010
I topped level 1 (15-year-old difficulty) mathematics at my school a year before I should have even started it (I was 14). And no, my school isn't completely retarded, only mostly.

Atheist.

Overmind
Sep 12, 2008
ace_of_something said:
Atheist. said:
ace_of_something said:
This is a tough question for me however it's easily where my username comes from.
I was once in a punk rock/ska band
ages ago
that was called 'the deck of many things' our songs were mostly about D&D.

It was truly sad.

(PS this was loooong before penny-arcade made a joke about tycho being in a similar band... hell i think it was before penny-arcade existed)
Not trying to be the bad guy, but how is it tough question, as well as easy?

For me, it was probably when I was in class at Uni and the teacher said something incorrect. I promptly stood up and said "Objection!"
tough considering how many things are on the list. But easy when I realize the band thing.
Most of us wore capes.
I guess the unusual circumstance you had, it have quite the "interesting" nerd/geek example. I just had a problem with the wording. Good show.

DJ-Oli

Jan 12, 2010
triggrhappy94 said:
DJ-Oli said:
Computer booted up properly, µTorrent started,350+ torrents seeding at full speed.
Holy Shit! Are you serious?!
Also, be careful talking about torrenting on here, the mods don't like it. I've been suspend twice for it.
I'm super cerial!.

i cannot control it very well though. i'm a hoarder.
i have over 125k mp3's.

SodaDew

Sep 28, 2009
I used to do Rping on MySpace (loong story how that works) and gave that up more then 5 years ago after realizing cars and women are better

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
Personifying the fundamental forces of nature as anime characters:
EMily, EWa Electroweak, Winona Weak
Gwen Gravity
And finally Sara Strong:

That's about the hight of my nerdiness. I'm not so culturally nerdy, so much as science nerdy.

Viral_Lola

Jul 13, 2009
Decide to major in bio-chemical engineering at an engineering shcool on a whim and got in on the last day based on test scores alone. I just assumed they had low standards.

Geeky Anomaly

Feb 19, 2011
In highschool in the late 90's, it was getting trendy for nerds to put RAM chips on their key chains to proudly show off their techy inclinations. I started doing it in 10th grade. We would also sometimes put our keys in our pockets but let the RAM chip hang out, to show it off. This is where things got crazy.

One guy and I started an impromptu competition to try to out-do each other on what nerdy things we could fit on our key chains. The RAM chips got bigger and bigger. Then he showed up the next day with a CPU with a hole drilled in it on his key chain. I countered with a CPU WITH heatsink. He countered with a a hard drive platter. I countered with an entire hard drive. He countered with a graphics card. I countered with an entire full size ATX motherboard dangling from my belt loop. I won.

CptJackRabbit

Mar 5, 2009
Darius Brogan said:
A friend and I spent an entire days worth of conversations doing nothing but quote lines from movies and Tv shows.

Examples include lines from: Star Trek, Star Wars, Firefly, Stargate, Battlestar Gallactica, ect, ect, the list goes on.

It was insanely difficult to do it, not only with a straight face, but find the lines that fit into the conversation we were having at the time... We got a lot of funny looks from the people we were talking to.
I do that as often as I can find someone to keep up. Do you name the movie / show after each line?

And for me, since at both conventions and online, also as a contributor in print, the geekiest thing I do is introduce myself as either a professional game master or staryteller, as I did that and contribute to White Wolf Games

Iklwa

Jan 27, 2010
Basic combat training for the US Army. We'd just spent the entire day learning the ins and outs of our rifles and how to fire them. Manly, manly stuff. That is also the same day I finished my matrices for our very own D&D game. No books, no table, no dice. Just me scribbling furiously in a small notebook for three days and putting scraps of paper with numbers on them in a helmet.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
I carry around a d20 wherever I go and I say "lol". I think that tops it.

I also don't get laid...does that count?

ButterFunky

May 12, 2010
Well my buddies and I got our Stormtrooper gear and went to Boracay island in Aklan. There we tried our best to reenact the Battle of Yavin IV. Everyone who wasn't a Stormtrooper (Or Darth Vader.), was a Rebel. We failed, of course, not because our weapons cannot fire REAL blaster bolts, but because there were a lot of big, tanned, muscular men who threatened us with their flabs of muscle, dripping with testosterone and hate for plastic armour-clad men.

Did I forget to mention that we were in the Philippines? It was hot as hell.

hutch4u

Jun 1, 2011
Three things. 1 I quoted verbatum 'The Princess Bride' including the interuptions. 2 I memorized in Jr. High Pi to 95 digits. 3 I watched a Star Trek movie marathon which consisted of 4,8,2,7,10, and the new one. I tried my hardest to watch the first one but couldn't.

Slim-Shot

Aug 9, 2009
In 2007, I packed up my computer and flew from Dunedin to Auckland, a distance of 1061 Km (660 Miles) to spend a weekend at the national LAN comp... 700 people in an events centre gaming for 3 days straight. Was truly epic, and mu first opportunity to meet my clan mates in rl.