What is the pettiest reason you wouldn't go out with someone or cause you to break up with someone?

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Silentpony said:
AccursedTheory said:
What about lesbian Pokemon? I wonder if that's okay...
I've read that fanfic.

Though 'fanfic' may be a fairly grandiose term for Rule 34 pictures... And 'read' a grandiose term for... well, we wont go into that.

Zen Bard

Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Sep 16, 2012
Stewie Plisken said:
Zen Bard said:
Someone who's out of shape.

I'm no Mr. Universe, but I like to stay active (martial arts, parkour, bicycling, etc). And I simply can't be around a girl who doesn't.

One time I met a girl on a dating website and her picture and profile were just stunning. We talked on the phone and hit it off. But when we met in person she had...shall we say..."let herself go". Add to that, she said she became "anti-exercise" because she was tired of staying fit for other people. She also didn't care about their opinions on her appearance or physique.

That was an instant "nope". One, I like to stay in shape for myself. I feel better and I get to stave off all those health hazards that run in my family (high cholesterol, high blood pressure, etc...). Two, I like doing outdoorsy things on dates, so someone who's not into that wouldn't be a good fit for me.

And three...I'll admit it. I'm shallow.
Whoo, this is an interesting one. My ex used to work out when she was younger, but she had pretty much dropped all exercise when we were dating. There was not a single part of her body that was firm, but she looked... ahem... shapely. Very.

I'm curious, would that also be a problem for you? I mean, not working out, but not having let yourself go entirely either. Being 'floppy', but looking great. I mean, is it just about the look, or is it taking a shared interest in athleticism?
It's more about the latter...just having an interest in being active. But also, where I live it's rare to encounter someone who looks "great" (in my eyes at least) but doesn't do something athletic (yoga, going to the gym, swimming, step aerobics etc...).

I once met a girl who was a shorter brunette version of Christina Hendricks from "Mad Men". Needless to say, she was verrrry attractive. But she was passionate about yoga because it gave her peace of mind. I dug that about her.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
They don't wash their hands as compulsively as I do?
They're a *****?
They just don't click with me?

That's all I got.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Silentpony said:
God fucking help them if they picked Squirtle as their stater...
Amen, brother. We all know Charmander is the one true starter of the Kanto games.

OT: Yeah, the texting 'hey' examples above would bother me as well, I have a hard time with lazy conversationalists. It kinda just shows that they aren't putting any thought into their interactions, or expecting the other person to pick up the slack. Conversations are two way streets, man.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Silentpony said:
Foolery said:
...Bulbasaur. Consider yourself dumped!

BTW we joined on the same day. That's weird. I've got my eye on you.
...ouch.

Same day, huh. Coincidence? Or not? Perhaps I've already been watching you this whole time...

Mar 26, 2008
Yan007 said:
Another one was because she wouldn't do anal.
My housemate was the same as you.

I thought he was being awfully choosy at the time. If I had of put that same criteria on my partners I would have gone through women like laxatives.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Foolery said:
Silentpony said:
BTW we joined on the same day. That's weird. I've got my eye on you.
Obviously, you're both twins. However, while in the womb, one of you was consumed, but managed to survive as a tumor like mass in your sibling. You've been bidding your time, subtly influencing your brother-host, following him where ever he goes and giving him nightmares as you await the day of your revenge.

So... who is who?

the.gill123

Jun 12, 2011
Bad table manners and no idea how to use a knife and fork. I had one date with a girl from college and I couldn't handle watching her eat. She held her fork in a fist, stabbed it into a pork chop, cut it like a log, change the fork into her right hand and ate with her mouth open. Never bothered to contact her again, though I don't know whether or not I should bee upset or grateful that she never contacted me either.

Jiggle Counter

Sep 18, 2014
- Anyone who are very picky eaters, or don't finish their food.
- Anyone who's under 5'4" is too short for me, I don't want midget kids.
- Anyone who makes jobs/chores gender-specific. "I don't take the bin out because I'm a laaady".
- Anyone who uses credit cards, or spends money they don't own.
- Anyone who has multiple kids from multiple dads.
- Anyone who is to be a stay-at-home parent, and then has no plans for what happens when the kids leave home.
- Anyone who's super religious.
- Anyone who gambles regularly, which includes lottery.
- Anyone who is a shit driver.
- Anyone who regularly goes through my phone or emails when I'm not around.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
It would take a fair bit for me to like someone enough to want to be in a relationship with them so any kind of deal breaker would have to be serious not petty.

Wylade

Jul 3, 2010
I dated a girl through most of my first year of college, then broke up with her on a whim cuz I was bored and wanted casual sex with a different friend.

Roboshi

Jul 28, 2008
I had one girlfriend who would always reply to any time a TV show was brought up with a quote from the show and it was always the same quote for each show. It wasn't a dealbreaker but it certainly was one of those "Glad I don't have to put up with that anymore" things.

MeatMachine

Dr. Stan Gray
May 31, 2011
I don't enjoy the company of women that never seem to have anything meaningful or insightful to say. Regardless of whether they lack abstract thoughts or merely struggle to articulate them, a total lack of inquisitive nature or an excessively shallow and superficial mindset in a partner just bores me to death and makes me feel more like a babysitter who is being charged for their service. This is the primary reason I broke it off with 4 of my 6 girlfriends and didn't respond to any other first or second dates.

I'm fully aware that most people see me as an eerily quiet cynic with a self-isolating superiority complex who isn't particularly attractive anyway; unfortunately, it's hard to be narcissistic when everyone you meet inevitably jokes about you being a weird little creep, a calculating psycho shrouded with ulterior motives, or a craigslist killer that probably has a secret hatch somewhere in his property. Truth be told, I just see the chances of finding a woman with similar interests and fascinations (who wouldn't immediately put themselves on-guard if I introduced myself) to be a rare possibility.

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
Honestly I don't know. Never had any luck whatsoever in that department. zero none zilch. and at some point I lost all interest whatsoever in relationships. Not worth the headache. I realized I could let it make me miserable, or I could get the most out of being single, and I choose the latter, working out great so far.

So I would have to try to guess.

Ok if they said Dragonheart sucks, we're done here.

that's really more of a joke answer.

Ok I have one. They think Daniel Tosh is funny.

By The Way. . .

I picked Bulbasaur as my starter. . .

mojoismydog77

Jun 30, 2013
hooblabla6262 said:
Programmed_For_Damage said:
While not a break-uppable offence I did stop having sex with a girlfriend from behind because she had broad shoulders. There was just something unsettling from that point of view. I had to see her front on, side on or not at all.

And before you ask, no I did not tell her that.
Smart move. I told my girlfriend that her massive overbite really killed the mood for me. I have seldom been slapped so hard.

As for an actual break-up/rejection, I once broke up with a girl because she couldn't find Canada on an unlabeled globe. And yes, she was Canadian.
I feel like that a good reason but who really cares about Canada? They think there so great with their free health care and Mapel Syrup. In all seriousness, however, how does one not know where their home country is on a map?

Street Halo

Jun 7, 2016
BloatedGuppy said:
I just couldn't. It's one of my life's biggest regrets, too, that woman made a six figure salary.
lol But in all seriousness, you're probably better off. I take it she wasn't willing to learn so you would've been miserable with a bit of money to play with, in one of those loveless rich people marriages, cheating on each other with the tennis coach/maid.

Personally I'd take an affectionate waitress over an ice queen lawyer. Money doesn't buy happiness etc etc.

BloatedGuppy said:
It was almost 20 years ago! I'm sorry!
Ok, you're forgiven :p

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Fat people who don't care that they're fat.

I'm not in the best of a good shape, but I TRY.

When someone doesn't care if they're 5ft and 300lbs, then why should I care for them?

If you won't love yourself enough to care for your health, then why should I believe you can love anyone at all?

Besides, it's like a wise man once said...
Wine is fine but whiskey's quicker, Suicide is slow with liquor.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
If they're really fat, no. They could be the nicest person ever but I just couldn't do it. And I'm a pretty darn forgiving person too. I'll accept just about anyone and see the best in them. But in terms of a relationship, if you go past a certain limit in weight, I'm not gonna consider you at all until you drop those pounds. Sorry.

Voidrunner

Feb 26, 2011
the.gill123 said:
Bad table manners and no idea how to use a knife and fork. I had one date with a girl from college and I couldn't handle watching her eat. She held her fork in a fist, stabbed it into a pork chop, cut it like a log, change the fork into her right hand and ate with her mouth open. Never bothered to contact her again, though I don't know whether or not I should bee upset or grateful that she never contacted me either.
This isn't really related, but you pretty much just described exactly how I eat. It was literally scary. But I feel kind of better now, knowing other people eat as badly as I do. I drive people into a frenzy when they see my clumsy attempts to use cutlery. I do the hand swapping thing as well because my other hand his pretty much useless for other tasks, so I switch cutlery back and forth to my dominant hand in between cutting and eating. I've improved somewhat though, I used to only eat with one hand, just stubbornly refusing to use a knife for anything. I at least hold it now.